Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Tengu and Drakes are getting nerfed...

HekketHekket Member Posts: 905

Pretty big nerf to HML's.

Will my Tengu still be top dog and have fast clear times of lvl4's?

What can I expect out of these balance changes?

Comments

• HekketHekket Member Posts: 905

In other words HML's are crap now...

Great. All those SPs I invested into missiles are now worthless.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Heavy Missiles are losing ~25% of both Range and Damage. iirc it is down from 72km to 58km base.

Missile launchers will now be affected by Targeting Disruptors for a further range reduction.

The ship bonuses are getting 'adjusted', but I don't have the specifics to hand.

All-in-all, the premeire missile boats are getting hit like a steel toed boot to the teeth, just before being shoved off a building into a dumpster of broken glass.

It was fairly obvious they were too strong, but I feel the nerfing may be a bit too hard. With what I see coming I wouldn't even dream of a L4 running Drake without using HAMs or something, HML's no longer make the cut. YMMV

• XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Good thing I'm Gallente :D. Downside is, idk how annoying will be the new AI towards drones :(

So I guess I won't be resubbing then.

Oh well. Thanks for the heads up.

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer

Heavy Missiles are losing ~25% of both Range and Damage. iirc it is down from 72km to 58km base.

Missile launchers will now be affected by Targeting Disruptors for a further range reduction.

The ship bonuses are getting 'adjusted', but I don't have the specifics to hand.

All-in-all, the premeire missile boats are getting hit like a steel toed boot to the teeth, just before being shoved off a building into a dumpster of broken glass.

It was fairly obvious they were too strong, but I feel the nerfing may be a bit too hard. With what I see coming I wouldn't even dream of a L4 running Drake without using HAMs or something, HML's no longer make the cut. YMMV

Most of that is not happening anymore or at least reduced. I would suggest checking out this thread for the current changes https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=155029&find=unread

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531
    Originally posted by Hekket

Pretty big nerf to HML's.

Will my Tengu still be top dog and have fast clear times of lvl4's?

What can I expect out of these balance changes?

Doesn't concern me , Lv4 Nitehawk ftw~! :D    Nothing beats a ship version of the A-Team truck.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

So any real reason for this?

I remember the Drake was a great level 3 mission runner and helped people train for battleship shield related skills, while still being able to make isk, which is the biggest barriers to new players.

I dont understand the logic of it being over-powered. So if they take it down a few notches that just means the next BC in line to accend is now over-powered, they going to nerf that also?

I understand Drakes were a pain in the ass to kill in PvP, but then again on their own they were more or less just waiting to die, meaning they couldnt really kill anything, such as a well set up Myrm, etc.

Hell, you dont even see them in the Alliance Tournament anymore just because they arnt worth the points to field them.

If anything CCP should be boosting the other BC's, such as the Prophecy. Which wasnt such a bad BC when it could field a decent amount of drones. Was actually may gank ship of choice when I went low sec hunting.

But its been awhile since I played, and for the most part CCP is pretty smart when it comes to balance. Although I just think they (like most PvP'rs) dislike the Drake cause its a hard tank to break, not because its over-powered.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Biggest news coming from EVE is the death of WIS.   Team Avatar is no more and WIS is not even going to be a part of the game any longer.   So the walking in closets is all WIS will ever be.   Here I thought CCP was a game company that was truly making a difference in the MMO industry...I was sadly mistaken.   
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Missile skills are like gunery. You can't say they are wasted because HML are getting a swat with the nerf bat. It's like saying my gunnery are junk because they nerfed medium rails.

That said, HML is getting a punch in the nose. Drake won't survive as a null fleet doctrine any more. It was a High Sec favorite for the exclusive passive tank and capless dps. That won't change. Tengu can always switch out to rails subsytem and will manage to be usefull. it was the Null bear favorite for the sig rad and it was a bitch to scan down.

The only thing I am a bit annoyed about is the tracking enhancers won't influence missiles and I don't think it's a delay. I've seen them do this many times before. I don't expect they ever will and that was a god send to cruise and torp Raven users from old days.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by Teala
    Biggest news coming from EVE is the death of WIS.   Team Avatar is no more and WIS is not even going to be a part of the game any longer.   So the walking in closets is all WIS will ever be.   Here I thought CCP was a game company that was truly making a difference in the MMO industry...I was sadly mistaken.   

I've read nothing of this, and can't find anything on it through google... but I would be very disappointed if it were true. Closest I could find is http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/08/ccp-still-iterating-on-eves-bipedal-gameplay/

On topic, my main flies Minmatar and uses arty / ACs anyway, so this won't effect me much if I ever go back.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

I'm not sure what to think any more they just seem to be trying to fix things but not if you know what i mean. Still have to wait and see how it pans out.

Bandit

Asbo

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Originally posted by NightBandit

I'm not sure what to think any more they just seem to be trying to fix things but not if you know what i mean. Still have to wait and see how it pans out.

Bandit

EVE is losing ground. You can feel it. You know the game you play, you sense something different. This isn't the same old, same old EVE is dieing again. It's on the decline. CCP want to stop the bleeding, rightly so but they need more than just bells, whistles and smoke and mirrors.

Set aside the missile foolishness, look at all the other stuff in retribution and its a big patch. It's not an expansion though. It's a patch. They need an expansion. Something bigger than Sov for null to build, something for HS to build. There is no motivation in the game right now. All you do is grind ISK and burn it off, repeat and rinse. update skill queue.

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256

"Biggest news"??? Rofl. Hardly any EVE players care about WIS. It's a waste of time and pointless compared to other things that you can do in-game. How would CCP be making a 'difference' by making the game more like other mmos? CCP made a difference when they released EVE.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

I've read nothing of this, and can't find anything on it through google... but I would be very disappointed if it were true. Closest I could find is http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/08/ccp-still-iterating-on-eves-bipedal-gameplay/

On topic, my main flies Minmatar and uses arty / ACs anyway, so this won't effect me much if I ever go back.

• Team Avatar doesn't exist anymore. As per the thread linked earlier our prototype has been shelved for the time being. Please read both my post and the one from CCP Unifex for the full picture on what's happening with WIS development at the moment. The team members are off working on a whole bunch of stuff from the launcher, through to new game features.
    • WoD is definitely still in development and development is split off from EVE so that they can concentrate on their game and making it awesome.

EVE Software Engineer
    Team Avatar

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Team Avatar doesn't exist anymore. As per the thread linked earlier our prototype has been shelved for the time being. Please read both my post and the one from CCP Unifex for the full picture on what's happening with WIS development at the moment. The team members are off working on a whole bunch of stuff from the launcher, through to new game features.

Fantastic news, the whole Team Avatar thing was a colossal waste of development resources, which added nothing to EVE and showed no potential of ever doing so.

Put 'em all to work on Flying In Space, not Walking In Stations.

Originally posted by free2play
    Originally posted by NightBandit

Bandit

EVE is losing ground. You can feel it. You know the game you play, you sense something different. This isn't the same old, same old EVE is dieing again. It's on the decline. CCP want to stop the bleeding, rightly so but they need more than just bells, whistles and smoke and mirrors.

Set aside the missile foolishness, look at all the other stuff in retribution and its a big patch. It's not an expansion though. It's a patch. They need an expansion. Something bigger than Sov for null to build, something for HS to build. There is no motivation in the game right now. All you do is grind ISK and burn it off, repeat and rinse. update skill queue.

Pretty much the impression I've had of EVE over the past year.

I haven't played since the Noctis was added to the game so it's been a long while.

CCP has really gone down hill it seems. 

I've invested so much time, ISK and personal money into the game to get manly missile skills and ships only to have it ripped from my hands and made obsolete in a blink of an eye. Bad, bad move.

If they wanted to nerf the drake then they should've nerfed the drake. Not every single HML ship in the game.

Was going to resub to check out the newest patch and the inferno patch content but after reading the balance changes, that is most definetly out of the question.

If they want my money then they need to leave my Tengu the f*** alone. POS CCP.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Hekket, are you saying that Drakes and Tengus are currently correctly balanced? (and therefore, presumably, it's just a coincidence that they are used so much more often than other battlecruisers / strategic cruisers)

Or are you saying that even though they're not balanced, you don't care - they may be OP ships, but they're your OP ships, dammit, and if they don't stay OP, you're going to take your bat and ball and go home?

Originally posted by Banquetto

Hekket, are you saying that Drakes and Tengus are currently correctly balanced? (and therefore, presumably, it's just a coincidence that they are used so much more often than other battlecruisers / strategic cruisers)

Or are you saying that even though they're not balanced, you don't care - they may be OP ships, but they're your OP ships, dammit, and if they don't stay OP, you're going to take your bat and ball and go home?

Pretty much yeah.

I don't give a damn if they're OP or not, I invested a crap ton of SP, ISK and Real life money into getting them and fitting them and if you think for a second that I'm just gonna be all like "Okay CCP! Sounds good! I can't wait for you to nerf the ever living f*** out my stuff!" then you are out of your freaking mind. No. You are legally insane.

You know what. I wouldn't be all that mad if they would at the very least give me a refund on my skill points. But I think we all know that ain't happenin'

Not that I ever showed up with my bat and ball in the first place anyway. I always was the homely type.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by Nicoli
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer

Most of that is not happening anymore or at least reduced. I would suggest checking out this thread for the current changes https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=155029&find=unread

Ahh! Sorry for the bad info then. 

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Simmer down. HMLs are getting a 10% damage nerf and a (I think) 20% range nerf. HML Tengus will still be pretty good, especially as T2 Fury will be getting an explosion velocity boost which will mitigate the base damage nerf. If you had good missile skills already, you'll probably not notice much difference.

More to the point, HAMs will be getting a massive buff (along with torps and rockets), because Guided Missile Precision skill will now work with short range missiles, as will Rigor rigs, as will precision implants. This means that they'll do full damage to almost everything above frigate size. You'll have to fly your Tengu more actively to get within range instead of just drop can, orbit, but you'll be doing Machariel-class DPS.

Fun fact: you can make up a HAM tengu that gets 998 DPS with Scourge Rage

I'm looking at a 980DPS Tengu with 6 HAM launchers, 4 CN BCUs, T2 Rigor rig, T2 Flare rig, T2 Hydraulic Thruster rig that's getting 36Km range with standard HAMs, 54Km with Javs, does almost 800m/s with an afterburner and has the same tank as my old HML Tengu.

If that's not OP enough for you I don't know what to say to you. Saying that "missile skills will be useless" is far from the truth. Tengus will be better PvE boats than ever before, providing you're willing to actually fly them.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by Banquetto

Team Avatar doesn't exist anymore. As per the thread linked earlier our prototype has been shelved for the time being. Please read both my post and the one from CCP Unifex for the full picture on what's happening with WIS development at the moment. The team members are off working on a whole bunch of stuff from the launcher, through to new game features.

Fantastic news, the whole Team Avatar thing was a colossal waste of development resources, which added nothing to EVE and showed no potential of ever doing so.

Put 'em all to work on Flying In Space, not Walking In Stations.

If they can finally bring some physics to FIS I'm all for it. Start with not being able to fly and shoot through other ships and structures and work from there.

If not, they might just as well continue developing WIS to attract a different crowd to EVE.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Pretty much yeah.I don't give a damn if they're OP or not, I invested a crap ton of SP, ISK and Real life money into getting them and fitting them and if you think for a second that I'm just gonna be all like "Okay CCP! Sounds good! I can't wait for you to nerf the ever living f*** out my stuff!" then you are out of your freaking mind. No. You are legally insane.You know what. I wouldn't be all that mad if they would at the very least give me a refund on my skill points. But I think we all know that ain't happenin'Not that I ever showed up with my bat and ball in the first place anyway. I always was the homely type.

Be lucky you did not invest in blasters pre-2008. 4 years and they are still shit...

It is the same as with any other game, things are getting boosted and nerfed and your invested time and resource may turn vain in a single patch.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Pretty much yeah.

I don't give a damn if they're OP or not, I invested a crap ton of SP, ISK and Real life money into getting them and fitting them and if you think for a second that I'm just gonna be all like "Okay CCP! Sounds good! I can't wait for you to nerf the ever living f*** out my stuff!" then you are out of your freaking mind. No. You are legally insane.

You know what. I wouldn't be all that mad if they would at the very least give me a refund on my skill points. But I think we all know that ain't happenin'

Not that I ever showed up with my bat and ball in the first place anyway. I always was the homely type.

Be lucky you did not invest in blasters pre-2008. 4 years and they are still shit...

It is the same as with any other game, things are getting boosted and nerfed and your invested time and resource may turn vain in a single patch.

F2p will one day come " GrassHopper " along with Item shops. It has been written.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

WIS was too much for CCP.

Maybe if they had Blizzard resources WIS could be a full fledged addition tot he game.

Fully interaction stations, missions, mini-games, social hubs, personal shops and more.

However they can't do that and I would rather they scrap the idea than limp along taking 10 years to release whats basically meaningless Avatars walking down a hallway.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Elsabolts
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Pretty much yeah.

F2p will one day come " GrassHopper " along with Item shops. It has been written.

Keep on dreaming

Give me liberty or give me lasers