Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of trying this game out, anyone interested as well?

Before I go ahead and start playing the game, I was wondering if anyone was out there that was looking for a gaming buddy to start this game with, as I am interested, but in the past have realised that the only way to play an MMO is to play with people, as it just maginifies the gaming experience.

If you're interested, just reply to the thread! Mainly looking for people that haven't touched the game or don't know anything.

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    im not playing anymore but  the subscription for TSW is on sale for 10 bucks a month, in case people want to check it out again.

• benn08benn08 Member Posts: 15
    How is the game and why did you stop playing?
    Originally posted by benn08

its pretty empty so it gets boring solo, thats not why i quit. I quit because the combat is not good, not for me. it feels like they a quick development of the combat and threw it in the game for release. They added a new FPS (aim mode) perspective so you aim like a shooter, but you dont attack with clicks so it feels weird too. And the second reason im not playing is that i dont feel like i should be paying extra money for the awesome skins they sell on the cash shop (which i really want many of them)..... because there is a full subscription already going on :/

so i dont want to keep paying if am not going to get in game what they have in cash shop

EDIT: everything else is very good, lovecraft setting and lore and investigation missions etc

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Some interesting linear pve stuff - the pvp is rather pointless - but if you never played Dark Age of Camelot, it shouldn't bother you too much.  I didn't find the game fun.  Just a few folks here and there racing through missions.  At times I couldn't tell them from the random assortment of zombies.  Secondly, tired of being forced to run all over the place to quest - I'm old school, prefer to grind out mobs with a handful of other folks instead of soloing all the time.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    If you havnt bought the game yet it is on sale for $9.99 on the Microsoft Store, there is a thread about in the general section of this site with a link to it.
  • lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    im not playing anymore but  the subscription for TSW is on sale for 10 bucks a month, in case people want to check it out again.

if only they had not imposed the european rates on me . i dont even live in europe ? i live in asia 

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I'll try the game if they ever go with a B2P option. It's not in the best interest of the game, so they'll probably never do that, which means I'll probably never try the game. So...yeah. How about that weather?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

I'll try the game if they ever go with a B2P option. It's not in the best interest of the game, so they'll probably never do that, which means I'll probably never try the game. So...yeah. How about that weather?

i doubt it would go B2P but they made more money with AoC as Freemium so im sure TSW will do the same eventually.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    A good place to start is over on the newcomers forum. lots of folks just getting started with the game:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6
  • ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177
    I played the game for three months and then quit.  I got tired of the hack-n-slash your way from point A to B.  There are few people in PVP and in the starter areas and if you want to do a dungeon you have to submit a resume with a complete list of your stats and don't think of doing any past the blue mountain without a lvl 10.3 gear or you will just get laughe at.
  • GrebdnullGrebdnull Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by ScribbleLay1
    [...] and if you want to do a dungeon you have to submit a resume with a complete list of your stats and don't think of doing any past the blue mountain without a lvl 10.3 gear or you will just get laughe at.

If that is your gaming experience, then I feel sorry for you. You must have had the worst luck ever when teaming. And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

I can only speak for myself, but I still think the game is one of the best out there. You will have months worth of content if you stay away from rushing everything (speaking about PvE now). Both story and settings in The Secret World are absolutely amazing, and all normal and elite mode dungeons (with the exception of elite Slaughterhouse and the 2nd boss) are balanced, well fitting the intended crowd. I checked the LFG tool the other day, and there are still plenty of people doing normal dungeons, slightly less doing elite dungeons, and again lots of people doing nightmare mode dungeons. But before you run into elite dungeons, you really should find a nice and helpful cabal, and this won't be a problem; getting them done that is. Sure, there is an awful elitism when it comes to nightmare content - as the above poster mentioned - but if you are in a good cabal, this shouldn't be an issue, i.e. you don't have to team up with those elitists.

PvP is unfortunately quite broken at the moment, with a single faction dominating the persistent area (Fusang). Hopefully Funcom will fix this soon, because to be totally honest, it is a rather boring scenario for all the factions. The dominant faction is pretty much just afk-ing in there, and the underdog factions don't have any incentive to sign up, because there is no real reward for doing so. On the other hand, PvP mini-games like Stonehenge and El Dorado have become much more active since Funcom adjusted the matching algorithm, and as an effect from the Fusang mishap.

This post doesn't really answer the OP's question, sorry about that, but I really think you should try the game out - whether you start out solo or as a duo - because the time invested, in any case, is well worth it in my opinion.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by benn08

Its a wonderful game, no matter what other may tell you.

I left it only due to the fun i have with PvP in SWTOR.

TSW is a PvE game, propably the best PvE core arround.

As i am a key-presser instead of a clicker, TSW didnt gave me enuff possibilities to bind the whole theatre.

Also, the combat system is interesting, i love the fact, that movement affects the dmg you take (PvP) but i prefer more options while fighting, TSW works on builders and consumers. SWTOR does too, but it has some extra whistles like insta skills, pots stims, relics ... all bindable on key.

The warzones in TSW sadly had some hart problems when i played.

ElDorado, i played that exacly one time, it never popped again.

Stonehendge was wonderful, but the AoE fest in center was always boring.

Fusang was and still is fun, but .. not enuff for me.

I have become a PvP'er over the last years it seems and SWTOR serves best for my taste.

Btw, i canceled SWTOR and had a headstart in TSW. I went back to SWTOR due to the reasons above ^^

TSW is really wonderfull :)