Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ARGO Online: Our Official Argo Online Review

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Argo Online bills itself as a steampunk MMO and we've been testing out that theory in preparation for our latest review. See how Argo Online stacks up to its lofty goal and as a new entry into the MMO-space. Read on!

World War IV took its toll, now it is steampunk versus fantasy in a post-apocalyptic world. ARGO Online is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game brought to life by Korean developer and publisher, MGame. The free-to-play title launched on April 21, 2011, and is about to get its biggest content update since launch. Will an increase to the level cap and a host of new high-level content be enough to keep the boat afloat?

Read more of Sheila Lewis's ARGO Online: Our Official Review.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Played the game at launch because it claims to be "steampunk". It is neither steampunk nor fun.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• fahadjafarfahadjafar Member Posts: 44

i played in cbt and 1st day of obt, this game had horrible party settings, sending a pm to ppl felt like killing a boss!! the idea of "less is more" was completely out of the devs' mind i think. they tried to do somthin different with the game but they made it crap when they tried to "innovate' big things on "little things" like private chatting and party options and a few other i can't remember. i deleted  the game on 1st day of obt after i saw that they didn't fix these little things we asked for while in cbt. i hope they changed these things now.

• mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224

Heh, played the game at launch (or open beta? I can't remember, and there's usually no real difference between the two).

Looked/felt like a generic Korean import clone (which it is for the most part), and the fact that they claim it to be a "steampunk" game is laughable.

It's decent if you're looking for a mindless timsink, but like you found in your review, it' spretty shit.

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181

Aion is that you?

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Kill 10 STEAM-rats..?

Gave it a try and was very disappointed. Steampunk? NO WAY! Generic? HELL YEAH!

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Ahh tried this out a while back out of sheer curosity.

Pretty crappy to play, and with a worse CS.

It actually has been a bit influential in my loathing for F2P games... A real sign of what the vast majority of MMORPG titles will probably look like under the F2P model in 5 years or so.

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235

@LachyFTW: Saw the screens. First thing I think: Aion

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143
    The thing that confused me was the hybrid targeting system in game. You could aim sorta like an fps game or at any time turn on the in game aim bot (tab targeting). I don't think they really thought that one through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Don't ever compare this garbage to "steampunk." It is not as it tries to claim, "steampunk." That's the only reason I gave it a try and it pisses me off the mmo genre still doesn't have a good steampunk mmo. Developers really don't know what the hell they are talking about when they say their game is "steampunk." They need to do a lot more freaking research if they want to make a truly great steampunk mmo.

Smile

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

Originally posted by Razeekster

Don't ever compare this garbage to "steampunk." It is not as it tries to claim, "steampunk." That's the only reason I gave it a try and it pisses me off the mmo genre still doesn't have a good steampunk mmo. Developers really don't know what the hell they are talking about when they say their game is "steampunk." They need to do a lot more freaking research if they want to make a truly great steampunk mmo.

damn dude. Calm down. It'll take time but a good steampunk mmo will be out one day. Or atleast one can hope.

• MataOCDMataOCD Member Posts: 54

I personally think that the game is awesome, I don't know why are you calling it garbage. Yes, player base is small and you have to grind, and you loose exp when dying, and that's about it for cons. Currently I can't play the game because I have some problems, but I enjoyed the game very much. I quess this proves how game taste is different in other people...

• lordromylordromy Member Posts: 2

Who wants one character '' Chaser lvl 51 ''