Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has the mass exodus begun for GW2?

Comments

• ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188

The game is alive just like any other mmo game outthere but the hardcore fans who wanted the "Death of World of Warcraft" have recently woken up with a hangover beyond belief.

Folks, this game is okej! But that is about it...okej, nothing more!    

"WoW-killer"? RFLMAO ~ Rolling on the Floor Laughing My Ass Off....  sort of...

:)

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

Want to R E A L L Y exprience grinding...try crafting.Key item you need to craft  are random drop.So you spend 3-4 hours grinding to get some of what you need. So much for the non grinding claim.

(when's ESO coming out again ? )

Well, maybe I've just been smarter, but I never had to grind for crafting... all I did was selling the mats I didn't use to buy the mats I needed. Go figure.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

More doom and gloom threads...haha!

I haven't even noticed people leaving, there are always people running around and the WvW is non-stop action. Say what you want, but GW2 is a FUN game.

Never a dull moment since launch, and I doubt we will see the end of GW2 anytime soon.  :)

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by UWNVME

It's funny, I've been hearing people say since September that the game is "dead". I just started a new warrior this week and I've found no shortage of player activity, even in the low level zones.

I know. Currently running around Queensdale with my norn and there are still people all over the place.

Low level starting areas (1-15) are fairly populated still.

Its the mid (25-70) that's barren.

Only exception for some servers is Hirathi Highlands with the chest DE.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Adalwulff

More doom and gloom threads...haha!

I haven't even noticed people leaving, there are always people running around and the WvW is non-stop action. Say what you want, but GW2 is a FUN game.

Never a dull moment since launch, and I doubt we will see the end of GW2 anytime soon.  :)

Yeah, I am still having a blast with gw2 :).

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Took my necro through the norn 15-25 area and there were lots of people. There wasn't an area of the map for any heart, DE or skill point challenge that didn't have at least a couple people around.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by chaintm

Guess I should have had my title, "will the mass exodus ....." :) I have no doubt many will stay, but I know now from responses from guild members on my guild website, 7 so far are doing the same now. Many of us came in with the idea (ok we got our gear now lets just do stuff) and that pressure of gear was gone. It's a wait and see I guess.

In any case I am curious to see the outcome of this concept change and what happens. Good points thou posted here and it does get me to think a bit bigger on the subject, I guess this is that "time will tell" scenario.

Oh noes...   People are leaving...

You know what, it's true.  People ARE leaving.   Just like every other MMO that's ever been.

You know what else?   We've picked 22 new players in the past month now that we've opened up guild recruitment to non-guild-mates from GW1.     All of whom are playing this game, including quite a few refugees from PandaLand....

And I'm not talking level 80s from collapsed guilds and broken dreams.    I'm talking new players fresh out of the box.

That's how GW1 worked to the tune of over 7 million individuals.   That's how GW2 works and will continue to work.

People come.  People leave.   Many cycle in-and-out.   Others play every day.  

And it's great.    When XCOM was released, I didn't touch GW2 for a week and only lightly for another.    This last week I've played quite a bit and now have full exotic gear on my Guardian, up from full rare's last week.  (It ain't that hard people....)

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Took my necro through the norn 15-25 area and there were lots of people. There wasn't an area of the map for any heart, DE or skill point challenge that didn't have at least a couple people around.

This was not what I experienced on my server. The 15-25 area was pretty much dead. I saw one or two people at some of the hearts, others were completely void of people. I guess the game has not caught on in France or I just happened to choose a low population server image

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    I left about a month ago, or maybe about 3 weeks or so. Anyhow; I have said it before but I really ended up missing a lot of the things I think that I didn't care for. GW2 helped show me that I actually like the trinity. I must say that gw2 was the most anti-social game I have played in a long time. It was total run and gun.
  • pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

yesterday i was wonder why nobody is in mountain maelstrom around the big DE, but after i invited people to come on map chat tab , i got more than 10 players to help on that DE, people are still plaYing but they are as i 2 L80 and 1000's of things still to do , im having fun and a blast and dont know if i will stop playing ever, as i think the game tends to get better over time.

• BlueLanternBlueLantern Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

Also more work in the open world instead of instances, please.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1213tk/new_explorer_and_jumping_puzzle_achievement/

all open world stuff, this is just up to october so not even counting the november content. plus they've added new events to about 10-12 zones.

plus they added a new explorable zone, a new pvp map and a new dungeon in the same update...there's no basis to anyone in the world complaining about focus on either one(open world/instance/pvp). they have separate teams making all of the above

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    I left about a month ago, or maybe about 3 weeks or so. Anyhow; I have said it before but I really ended up missing a lot of the things I think that I didn't care for. GW2 helped show me that I actually like the trinity. I must say that gw2 was the most anti-social game I have played in a long time. It was total run and gun.

Lol.  Funny because it's true in many ways.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by jpnz
    Originally posted by UWNVME

It's funny, I've been hearing people say since September that the game is "dead". I just started a new warrior this week and I've found no shortage of player activity, even in the low level zones.

I know. Currently running around Queensdale with my norn and there are still people all over the place.

Low level starting areas (1-15) are fairly populated still.

Its the mid (25-70) that's barren.

Only exception for some servers is Hirathi Highlands with the chest DE.

It's because everyone has played through once and now just want to powerlevel alts. Once people hit 20 they have enough skills to be decent in WvW, which is much better experience than open world adventuring. Likewise once you hit 35 you can just repeat dungeons with speed runs. 10 mins and you have a level. Repeat until 80.

I like the world, still only at 80% on my main, recently found a 30-40 area to the south of the Charr that I didnt even know existed (and found poor Professor Yakkingtons grave there .... sadface).  But a lot of players just want to be max level and power, so they find the quickest path, which isnt in the open world.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

You know what I find most dissapointing about this entire GW2 "bait & switch" fiasco.  The fact that so many of you are so willing and ready to defend Anet, and dismiss the entire incident as a "non-starter." Now I understand that the reasons for this are many.  Whereas many long time GW fans hate the gear grind trademill with a passion, many of you enjoy it, or in the least, could take it or leave it.  No big deal for many of you.  And that's fine.  It's your preference.  I also understand that in the scope of life and death, this does not register on the radar.  However, as it pertains to MMORPGs and their development process, it is huge.  Why? because it sets a precedent. 

Like many of you, I was not one of the ones who followed the game, month after month, year after year, reading every new blog release, watching every video, believing in their stated manifesto of which the main point was that GW2 would not be about a gear grind treadmill.  But many of the loyal long time GW fans did follow, and have been following, the development of GW2 for years with bated breath.  And believed in Anet and their oft repeated manifesto.  They believed that this would be the game they would play for years, and waitied for it with bated breath.  So who are we to now, demean them or criticize them for how they feel after being told one thing for so many years, and then after a mere two months, throw all of it out the window, but only AFTER HAVING SQUEEZED EVERY LAST PENNY out of their long time loyal fan base? There is no defending this type of behavior from what is supposed to be a reputable gaming company.  It is wrong, it is shameful, unethical, and deceitful. There aren't enough adjectives to describe it.

Reverse the entire incident and put yourself in their shoes.  I know many of you will deny that you would feel the same and be as equally peeved and vocal, but if you do, you know you're not being truthful.  Because if you are an avid gamer, in the scope of gaming you take your gaming very seriously, and no one likes to be "deceived" or be taken advantage of (to put it mildly).

BTW, this does not mean that any of us want harm to come to Anet (atleast I dont).  But remember, other development companies are watching and the message has to be sent out loud and clear that the gaming world will not tolerate these types of underhanded and deceitful marketing and advertising tactics.  In this instance, it was the GW fans who where betrayed ... 

Next time, it will be you. 

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    I bought the digital deluxe edition at release and found it too busy to play, so I waited.  It is much "calmer" now.  It has lost players, but that is like every MMO.  Not really worried about it though.  You log into GW1 and there is still peeps everywhere.
  • GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

Honestly, people who know my post history know I am normally a negative nancy.

I have predicted the death shortly after release of SWTOR, Tera, TSW and in the past, AOC. I never really got into Rift, but I didn't make any call either way on it, just that I personally found it a bit bland, though very competent.

I have zero concerns about GW2. Zero. The game will continue to grow.

This is because as a game and a product, GW2 is very good, very solid, by far the best MMO out there, with the best metagame and game mechanics, as well as great graphics and world immersion. Everything is just very high quality, something which hasn't been true of any other MMOs in recent years.

GW2 also has a truckload of players. It is a huge game already.

A main thing to watch is where it goes on the PVP and esport side of things.

If Arenanet can deliver the required upgrades like spectator mode etc in the next few months, GW2 can be the next League of Legends. Of this I have no doubt.

It took LoL just about 1 year to make it big. On its path to success it had setbacks and detractors, but Riot Games just soldiered on and delivered a game that worked for casuals and hardcore PVPers alike.

League of Legends is the biggest game in the world right now.

And I have no doubt that given the track so far, GW2 can make it there too - and possibly even exceed League.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Well I don't know but I'll never go back to another ArenaNet game after seeing what they gave us with Guild Wars 2. The original game is still far superior.
  • AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Still not noticing this "exodus", are you guys sure that  you are playing GW2?

Everytime I go into the WvW its so packed that I have to wait a few minutes in que. You guys must be thinking of another game, like SWTOR or something....lol

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I've left
    Don't get me wrong I like gw2 and much prefer it to the wow type games we've been flooded with over the past 8 years.

However the main draw was WvW, and while WvW is good, planetside 2 just does it so much better.

If I feel like some pve I can always play the skyrim expansion when we get it on pc.
  • JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    Lol planetside 2 is terrible. Then again that's my subjective opinion on it just like you saying PS2 does pvp better.

PS2 is like battlefield to me. Meaning, just like any other FPS. Doesn't necessarily mean it's better pvp. That's subjective to personal tastes.
    Being a daoc vet. Planetside has more in common with daoc endgame than WvW for me.

There's a point to being in an outfit.
    I can build rivalry, I know who shot me.
    I don't put 4 hours work into capturing a base only for the servers to reset an hour later.
  • JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    Being a Daoc vet doesn't mean your opinion is above others.

Btw, I'm a Daoc vet too. :)
    I didnt suggest it was. But I'm getting more of that faction pride, must paint more of the map my colour before I go to bed vine from ps2 than I get from gw2. It's silly little things like no player names and stuff that gw2 gets wrong, the hard things like having a good engine to handle it, it gets right. Very frustrating.
  • XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93
    If you guys are leaving the game, I'll buy your accounts for 10 bucks :D lol.
  • aWRAYaWRAY Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Greyhooff

Honestly, people who know my post history know I am normally a negative nancy.

I have predicted the death shortly after release of SWTOR, Tera, TSW and in the past, AOC. I never really got into Rift, but I didn't make any call either way on it, just that I personally found it a bit bland, though very competent.

I have zero concerns about GW2. Zero. The game will continue to grow.

This is because as a game and a product, GW2 is very good, very solid, by far the best MMO out there, with the best metagame and game mechanics, as well as great graphics and world immersion. Everything is just very high quality, something which hasn't been true of any other MMOs in recent years.

GW2 also has a truckload of players. It is a huge game already.

A main thing to watch is where it goes on the PVP and esport side of things.

If Arenanet can deliver the required upgrades like spectator mode etc in the next few months, GW2 can be the next League of Legends. Of this I have no doubt.

It took LoL just about 1 year to make it big. On its path to success it had setbacks and detractors, but Riot Games just soldiered on and delivered a game that worked for casuals and hardcore PVPers alike.

League of Legends is the biggest game in the world right now.

And I have no doubt that given the track so far, GW2 can make it there too - and possibly even exceed League.

Ok Mr. Wise guru. Did you know that in order for a game to even get close to making it as a successful esport, there has to be people who are willing to watch it right? I'm sure there is a decent playerbase that actually understands the metagame behind SPVP. But really, is it that entertaining to spectate? And is the spectator base large enough to profit off of? It would be cool to see an MMO break out into the esports scene. WoW tried it, but it's incredibly boring to watch if you don't know whats going on. I don't see GW2 getting anywhere close to LoL in terms of esport popularity. But then again, I'm not the one with the crystal ball.