Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will the shitty sounds be updated?

I could not stand running around with my character to hear what sounded like a horse tap dancing on cement even if you were running through a grassy field or something.

Comments

• georgatos7georgatos7 Member Posts: 54

I bet and wish that they are going to be updated and up to par with the other big titles out there. Even if some of them are lacking i dont mind another change after the release as long as creating a high quality immersive environment remains the target.

Anything else will be really disapointing because sound effects in games is half the immersion!

• EtheomEtheom Member UncommonPosts: 64
    To be honest, the sounds are the least of my worries. I am going to be satisfied no matter what... Darkfall is the only respectable sandbox at the moment, in my eyes.

• ThebozzThebozz Member UncommonPosts: 117
    So sound is ok to call shitty, but other aspects of the game are not?
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Phain
    To be honest, the sounds are the least of my worries. I am going to be satisfied no matter what... Darkfall is the only respectable sandbox at the moment, in my eyes.

Talk about lowering the bar

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Thebozz
    So sound is ok to call shitty, but other aspects of the game are not?

Haha yes.

Some of the sounds in Darkfall was so bad even looking at old youtube videos scare me. The heal self sound gives me the same chills as an autotuned bagpipe.

• mmorpgmanermmorpgmaner Member UncommonPosts: 241

The whole point of how they were (trying) to re-code their game, is to optimize the use of peoples systems etc... Sound used to be a HUGE issue in Darkfall, as to where it would be unplayable for most unless they had a 200$+ Soundcard, or had to disable their sound to play.

They fixed that which made the sounds a bit meh.. Let's hope that has changed a bit, but one thing is certiain..

It is aabout the GAMEPLAY, not the brush on features!

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Originally posted by seraphdd
    I could not stand running around with my character to hear what sounded like a horse tap dancing on cement even if you were running through a grassy field or something.

Most visuals and all sound effects are updated they said.

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

Could care less about "quality" so long as Darkfall still has a realistic system where you can hear enemies far off, stalk up to them, and kill them (so long as they don't notice load lag).

The sound quality may have been poor in DF 1.0, but sounds themselves were more important than in any other MMO I've ever played.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Uh... your footsteps changed if you were in grass, kid.

• RandomDownRandomDown Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

Just because the sound changed doesn't mean it wasn't poor quality though.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by RandomDown

It does mean that the OP was flat out wrong.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by RandomDown

It does mean that the OP was flat out wrong.

lol.

DF has a knack for attracting all of the wannabe Ed Zitron superstars out there. I don't know what it is, but at least it's mildly entertaining.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• pSickpSick Member Posts: 19
    I normally mute my games and rage out to music in the background.  Whitechapel, Acacia Strain, Periphery, Intervals.  The goods--

imageimage
    -=The Abyss Of Humanity Is The Abyss Of Our Own Soul=-
    Sick Ning - Mahirim Skirmisher
    Why serve when you could rule in Imperium