Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this game was fun the first day, that's it

Comments

• GolbezaGolbeza Member Posts: 62

@ OP

You don't have to group up in this game if you don't want to. I have been soloing in this game since beta and I have never felt the need of squadding or outfitting. Sure, it's of course good to be in a squad or outfit but you aren't forced to do it. There's a lot of things you can do solo. I'm playing a medic so I run around reviving/healing people and get a lot of cert for it.

But since you hate Team Based games, why are you even playing this? You need to work as a team to be able to capture bases, unless you have a zerg army. xD

Yep, can agree there, game has a few bugs, but they will hopefully get ironed out in the coming days.

And the point of the game? That can be asked about any game to be honest. But in PlanetSide 2 it is to try and lock down the continents and being the best faction. Oh, and ever heard about the word "fun"? Point is to HAVE FUN, like any other game. If you ain't having fun, then you should probably look for something else.

And no, you don't have to be a Heavy Assault just to farm certs, there's a whole lot of roles in this game. Going Medic and reviving/healing people gives you certs, being an Engineer and repairing vehicles and buildings also give you cert. Sniper, going around hacking probably also gives you certs. (Unsure on that point)

• thetimesthetimes Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by stygianapoth

My point was that a single player cannot contribute much, especially an infiltrator.

I'm not trying to be mean. You really need to get past the new player confusion point, so you can understand what's going on.

• BlueLanternBlueLantern Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by Krashner
    Originally posted by tank017
    Originally posted by Pyuk
    Originally posted by Kenze

there's no organization whatsoever in this game that i can find people are just running around willynilly shooting anything that moves.. Ive died more to friendly fire than enemies.

QFT. I've never played a game that had less of a point. This was a rush job, no question. 

does any game really have a point?

They have an 8 page arguement about this on the PS2 forum. To me the point is fighting in massive battles and having fun, but to others it's about grinding a boss for an item that makes grinding that boss slightly easier so they can get another item that would make it even more sligthy easier.

The MMO crowd and the FPS crowd seem to have very different opinions about  what the point of a game is. Is the point to have fun or to  achieve something or is it about character progression? There really is no right or wrong answer. Personally I do think the game needs some kind of "win" condition so that players have something to work towards. 

yea in PS1 you could own a continent. in PS2 that's not possible.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

We actually had visible battle lines attacking a base today.  Kinda drew me up short.  As a medic I was able to do more for the team by spotting and shooting than healing.  One whole line moved forward and the one behind us back filled the other position.  About as real of tactic as you're going to see when your life matters only how long it takes to respawn.

PS, you CAN intact own a continent.  And in game it says (last held by) to show some pride.  If you whine because factions get to keep their 1 starter bubble.... Wow.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I agree with you OP,pay to win never flies with me,gaming is about FUN ,not about spending.

Now weather or not you can achieve the same and how fast is an argument i guess.

As to bugs,well i say this without any regrets at all and i was the biggest SOE supporter for years,SOE is the wors for releasing bugs.it tells me they have very strict deadlines and would rather meet the dead lines than care about quality.

I have actually watched a recent video here on MMORPG involving a few of their staff members on PS2and i have to say it is obvious the way they think.Their phbilosophy seems to be that  bugs are expected,so release the game anyway.The problem is it encourages a sloppy team of coders,i have NEVER seen the same level of bugs in any other developer outside of SOE.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry
    i have NEVER seen the same level of bugs in any other developer outside of SOE.

So you're either lying or oblivious....

Skyrim (Bethesda)

Mass Effect 3 (Bioware/EA)

Assassin's Creed 3 (Ubisoft)

Zelda Skyward Sword (Nintendo)

Diablo 3 (Blizzard)

Dead Island (Techland)

Neverwinter Nights (Atari)

And these were just a FEW of the GAME BREAKING bugs.  Game breaking mean the game is unplayable.  That doesn't exist in this game.

Welcome to gaming!  Since you haven't been around for long.  Enjoy your stay!

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Oh really? There were quite a few games I've played that were super buggy.

• knapuknapu Member Posts: 131
    Well i think i go ba k to WoW start with a pandarian marry pandarian women make me 2 little pandarian monks with my pandarian wife and will every at 07.00 go to the pandarian backery in the neighborhood and get me my pandarian crossounce and the new pandarian times... :-P cya in pandarialand

I am the punishment of God...
    If you had not committed great sins,
    God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you
    — Genghis Khan

• knapuknapu Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Skyrim (Bioware)

Diablo 3 (Blizzard)

Dead Island (Techland)

And these were just a FEW of the GAME BREAKING bugs.  Game breaking mean the game is unplayable.  That doesn't exist in this game.

???? Most of those games are singelplayer so u failed and diablo didnt have bugs only balance issues /exploits

I am the punishment of God...
    If you had not committed great sins,
    God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you
    — Genghis Khan

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Lol bioware don't make skyrim. Skyrim is about as far as you can get from a bioware game while still being a rpg.

Anyways,

Deleted my post calling names.  He's still stupid but that's only because he's uninformed.

Originally posted by knapu
    ???? Most of those games are singelplayer so u failed and diablo didnt have bugs only balance issues /exploits
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/diablo-iii-game-breaking-bug-found-6376781
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Lol bioware don't make skyrim. Skyrim is about as far as you can get from a bioware game while still being a rpg.

I've changed it to reflect.

• thetimesthetimes Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by BlueLantern

I don't know how it worked in PS1, but in PS2 you can dominate a continent. Dominating gives your faction discounts on equipment.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by thetimes
    I don't know how it worked in PS1, but in PS2 you can dominate a continent. Dominating gives your faction discounts on equipment.

In PS1 you could own the continent 100%, and it was possible to sanctuary lock, VS did it twice in the past 10 years of PS1 and even managed to get inside the enemy's sanctuary until SOE patched that out (around the time Core Combat came out). In PS2 you can't own a continent 100% becaue the hex grid around the warpgate is unchangable and you can't get close to it.

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

In PS1 you could own the continent 100%, and it was possible to sanctuary lock, VS did it twice in the past 10 years of PS1 and even managed to get inside the enemy's sanctuary until SOE patched that out (around the time Core Combat came out). In PS2 you can't own a continent 100% becaue the hex grid around the warpgate is unchangable and you can't get close to it.

Need to remember that PS2 currently only has 3 continents and PS1 had 10... I am sure once we get more, there will be a ton more depth added to this aspect. I suspect they will go back to the old way where each empire had home continents and they needed to move from there... like needing adjacency to the Amerish WG on esamir in order to zone in there... whoever has adjacency to the warpgates controls it.

They are talking of adding more rvr continents, like the 3 we have already
    They are also talking about adding sea areas joing the continents and naval battles instead of the bridge fights from ps1.

Finally they are talking of adding sandbox continents where outfits gather resources and build their own bases (i guess a little like perpetuum)

All these 3 things sound super good for future fun. I think especially the crafting of bases will be greAT.
  • stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by redcapp
    Boring game IMO.  If I'm going to play an FPS, it might as well be something like CS.  The whole capturing/defending bases, going up against vehicles that your class can't damage, getting run over by teammates thing.. is not what I'm looking for.

Or spawning in a place where you get instant killed. Ugh yea it's just a mess right now.

Originally posted by MindTrigger
    Originally posted by tkoreaper

The facts are this:

If you've never joined an organized outfit, you've only skimmed the surface of the game. The game has a die-hard fan base for this reason and no other game allows you to do what you can do in PS.

This doesn't change the fact that all you are doing is flipping the same static bases over and over and over again.  If Smed ever brings in those "sandbox" type open lands with player-built bases he talked about before, then there may be something to write home about.  

However, if you are enjoying this game, more power to ya.  I find it mind-numbing, clunky and slow, personally.  Your opinion may vary.

Agreed 100%. I feel I need to back you up cause a lot of people are ganging up on you that paid money for this game. There really is no objective. And with all Sony games they publish, this one is just squeezing your money as hard as they can. It's not a game, it's a cash crop.

And those that ARE enjoying the game. Then I am 100% positive you spent at least some amount of money on it. I might have bought this game if it was a one time $60 purchase but as it stands now, the f2p system is just very bad.

Originally posted by LoboMau

I like all games really, and I was looking forward to a fresh new FPS. But the only way I can describe it... Tribes Ascend.

This pertains to the "f2p" system they have. Sure you can slowly and painstakingly (did I mention slowly?) get your gear and level up to new better armor and weapons. But the reason why games like these have a "pay to not grind" system is because people WILL and DO pay for this.

So now you are matched against people with the best upgrades because they have dispoable income. Personally I do not think this makes a great game.

On a more personal note, I hate team based games. I do not like having to be in a guild/clan whatever to have fun. I do not like teamspeak. I do not like following orders else I be kicked. I do not like snobby leaders that think they are god's best creation.

Besides that, this game has many bugs, crashes, and overall poor game development.

The reason why I got bored within 1 day is because it's the same thing. Defend this base. Attack that base. I mean that is it.

I personally like being a sniper, but you can't snipe aircraft or tanks. If you want to make certs as a free player you MUST go heavy infantry for the rocket launcher.

The other way to make certs is to capture a base. That is boring for me. I want to kill people and snipe them. But it's impossible as an infiltrator. Sure I've had my good runs where I sniped 10 with headshots before I ran out of ammo. But it's subpar compared to the other classes that can make way more bank.

I cannot see myself playing this game much longer unless I feel like a 20-30 minute FPS urge. It's just not worth it when people out there spend hundreds of dollars to upgrade every aspect of their infantry, vehicles, and aircraft, to become more "skilled" than you.

Did I mention sony made the game?

Im sorry..but when I read "I hate team based games..." I had to vomit...

Can you explain this more instead of a one sentence explaining how you vomit? If you have to rely on teams to get anywhere then you obviously love being in a team. Myself, I like being solo. What is so hard to understand? Why does being in a team make you better than me? Why can't being solo make me better than you?

I am looking forward to your response.

1) i never said it was a ripoff, i just DO NOT SUPPORT IT

Why didn't you responsd to this point?

2) you spending 100 bucks doesn't mean you spent 40 bucks if i payed 60 bucks, it means you spent 100 bucks. period.

how so? If the game weren't f2p you'd be paying 60 like you said. And I'd be paying 60 too... only I've chosen to spend 40 more. The fact is the game is free and you spent nothing. How is a business to make money?

Well they could start by releasing a solid game that costs 60 bucks instead of this f2p fad that has been happening the past few years. Do you not understand how games were 10 years ago? (probably too young to remember)

3) there are obvious demands to upgrade whatever class/vehicle/aircraft you play. if you think a 0% upgrade of health is = to 30%, then i don't know what you are trying to say.

Have you even played the game? Vehicle and infantry UPGRADES can't be bought with money... only weapons which are sidegrades. There is nothing in the game that gives you 30% more health... fully CERTED nanoweave gives you 25% and its very expensive to max it out. This is purchased with certs which you CAN'T buy. What I did say is that 25% is not as big as it sounds. You can kill someone in 2 seconds... this gives you an extra half second to live.

Then why do ALL upgrades have (SOE cash) next to the certs? You obviously can buy all upgrades with SOE cash. So I am afraid you lose this argument.

overall, there are completely obvious upgrades that are necessary to kill better in this game. if you deny this, then you are not akin to the f2p model.

I do deny it because its obvious you know nothing about the game and there are no direct weapon upgrades. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

So your starter weapon that does less of everything is as equal to the 1000 cert weapon that does better in every aspect? Doesn't make sense to me... but hell I am just trying to be rational.

and yes obviously free players can get the same upgrades, but some players claim to get 200 certs or more a day. the overall point here is players who spend money can have the best upgrades for infantry, vehicle, and aircraft, for ALL CLASSES, and own people with no upgrades based on the situation.

I assure you that my KD ratio has not gone up due to owning all the weapons. I have simply increased my versatility on the battlefield and gave myself more options to work with.

So the fact you have a better advantage has nothing to do with the items you bought for real money/

are you not understanding?

money = win

maybe in 2 years everyone will have the same upgrades across all boards. the point of f2p that i do not support is.. exactly that... f2p but you have to spend to be better. what happened to spendig 60 bucks and progressing based on your skill?

that's what i hate about this game.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SPEND MONEY TO IMPROVE YOUR CHARACTER!

not in the long run, but most people already spent hundreds to get ahead and be "better"

Everyone progesses the same way... weapons aren't progression. Getting a different weapon may do more damage but it will lose rate of fire which in turn allows you to kill at the same speed!

here's something you may not realize.... more damage > everything else

+Power = -Speed

power = power

+Accuracy = -Clip size

accuracy control of your mouse

With every statistical change there is an equal opposite action... the weapons effectiveness remains the same, only the versatility changes.

like i said above, power > everything else.

My point was that a single player cannot contribute much, especially an infiltrator.

I'm not trying to be mean. You really need to get past the new player confusion point, so you can understand what's going on.

I'm not trying to be mean either but you obviously never played an infiltrator.

Originally posted by knapu
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Skyrim (Bioware)

Diablo 3 (Blizzard)

Dead Island (Techland)

not to turn this into a diablo 3 thread but just wanted to point out you obviously missed the bug that gave certain characters GOD MODE (yes, that means YOU CANNOT DIE BY ANYTHING, even in hardcore mode).

So please don't post again unless you have knowledge of the game you are talking about :D

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567
    Originally posted by Kenze

there's no organization whatsoever in this game that i can find people are just running around willynilly shooting anything that moves.. Ive died more to friendly fire than enemies. Any i dont know about the rest of you buy i find the minimap to be useless. no filters and the icons once you get near an outpost are so large and cluttered together you cant tell one from the other.

Find a large outfit and roll with them. I stumbled onto a full one, they were the most coordinated death machine I've ever seen in both games. Coordinating Gal drops, AMS positions, splitting up each squad to best their tactics. 

Here's what happened in one hour with them. Two gals, one dropped heavy's over the inside of the base while the second dropped light/supports to deal with the generators. Right after that base was captured, our squad was in charge of the AMS positioning on our next base run. We placed it on top of a bridge overlooking the base. We all equipped light assaults and jumped off the bridge and jetted into the capture room while our second squad, full of engi's, tanks, and MAX units drew the attention to the front of the base. Our third squad, the rangers, picked up what ever class was needed, most went medic and supported us capturing.

Our outfit was even instructing other platoons around the continent; once you find a group like this, you'll enjoy every inch of planetside 2.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

I like all games really, and I was looking forward to a fresh new FPS. But the only way I can describe it... Tribes Ascend.

This pertains to the "f2p" system they have. Sure you can slowly and painstakingly (did I mention slowly?) get your gear and level up to new better armor and weapons. But the reason why games like these have a "pay to not grind" system is because people WILL and DO pay for this.

So now you are matched against people with the best upgrades because they have dispoable income. Personally I do not think this makes a great game.

On a more personal note, I hate team based games. I do not like having to be in a guild/clan whatever to have fun. I do not like teamspeak. I do not like following orders else I be kicked. I do not like snobby leaders that think they are god's best creation.

Besides that, this game has many bugs, crashes, and overall poor game development.

The reason why I got bored within 1 day is because it's the same thing. Defend this base. Attack that base. I mean that is it.

I personally like being a sniper, but you can't snipe aircraft or tanks. If you want to make certs as a free player you MUST go heavy infantry for the rocket launcher.

The other way to make certs is to capture a base. That is boring for me. I want to kill people and snipe them. But it's impossible as an infiltrator. Sure I've had my good runs where I sniped 10 with headshots before I ran out of ammo. But it's subpar compared to the other classes that can make way more bank.

I cannot see myself playing this game much longer unless I feel like a 20-30 minute FPS urge. It's just not worth it when people out there spend hundreds of dollars to upgrade every aspect of their infantry, vehicles, and aircraft, to become more "skilled" than you.

Did I mention sony made the game?

A level 1 can kill a level 30. It's all about player skill, which is something you can't buy. And you don't like teamwork? Most people do. As social creatures, we team up for bigger rewards.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

actually i love this game, it's just that i mainly suck at FPS, like, i havent been able to kill a single enemy and i died like 5x already

so this game acutally is good for one stop entertainment like before you go to bed, just goes in, kill, infiltrate, stay maybe for an hour or less, then log out

well it's good that its free, so far i love this game, yeah but it's just that i suck so i really couldnt do much but die a lot XD

So What Now?