Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

During my years on here I have noticed a few things

TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

When people "debating" on this site I have seen during years same kind of patten.

People use the word valid a lot

People tend to use the word facts a lot

People tend to use the word  opinion a lot

So with these three words why even have a debate when It's likeimage one side and the other image and the thread is locked or burried.

Is this what some of you called forum PvP?

Beacuse I don't see a winner.

In PvP there is always a winner

paradox much?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Comments

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Your opinion is not valid.   Fact.

Am I doing it right?

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Not a problem, except when they're reversed.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Your facts are valid in my opinion.

Opinions are not valid facts.
  • OrsonDiturnoOrsonDiturno Member Posts: 35
    Tho I feel your opinion is valid, I do not consider it as fact.
    Originally posted by OrsonDiturno
    Tho I feel your opinion is valid, I do not consider it as fact.

While I am unsure what Thor Industries, Inc. has to do with this thread on opinions, it is a valid listing on the NYSE, and that's a fact.

• HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

Your opinion is not valid.   Fact.

Am I doing it right?

RoFl!

Did the OP expect anything more then being trolled is the real question.

People like to argue. and maybe a topic dies, caps out, or gets locked... but we do take something from it. And eventually (the hope is) with revisiting it  we get better at making our arguments. One day their may be a clear winner. but, probably not...but it doesn;t matter because again... people like to argue.

Also I believe this thread to be off-topic.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

My personal favorite is when 90% is thrown around to solidify a pov.

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297

Actually, the fact is, while reading this thread I couldn't help notice the sexy Star Trek chick ad.   Now that's a fact!!!

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by Foomerang

My personal favorite is when 90% is thrown around to solidify a pov.

My favorite is when people use the word "we" like they represent some organized group that they are leading in revolt.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    ahh....Winning....duh....
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    All hobbies have their buzz words and in-words. Ours are quite accessible to the layman, which is good for newbies.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • Gassy_the_GoblinGassy_the_Goblin Member Posts: 16

The Curiosity Rover has discovered life on Mars, -opinion rumor.

Homer could eat the Curiosity Rover, -fact.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

There are a lot of people here that don't quite understand that. Nor do they understand if "my definition" differs from "the definition" then their "definition" is opinion not fact.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

There are a lot of people here that don't quite understand that. Nor do they understand if "my definition" differs from "the definition" then their "definition" is opinion not fact.

"definition" is like "insanity", society gets the deciding vote.  But on the Internet, definitions and facts are both...much more flexible...

I can imagine the poor guys on Oxford English Dictionary committees getting drunken phone calls in the middle of the night-- "Listen, I say Nigel is wrong, but he says he's right.  I got a fiver riding on this one!"

Maybe internet argument websites need a "bet adjudicator" system.  "Your CC is on file, put your money where your mouth is,  All decisions made by our moderation crew, and are final.  Whiners will be perma-banned."

Unadvertised feature: Pressing the "Go" button to reach the Bet Adjudication System instantly locks whatever thread you're in, as it has clearly reached the "shouting at each other" point.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by Torgrim

When people "debating" on this site I have seen during years same kind of patten.

People use the word valid a lot

It took you years to notice?

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

I think there's just a lot of "whining" going on, and there are too many "whiners". 

I swear I hate those words beyond all others.  image

And yes I'm "whining" about it.  image

This discussion has been closed.