Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TSW - New to Game..Concerned about Dungeons

Ok, so I am not so much concerned about dungeons as I am my ability to find groups for the lower-tier dungeons. No one is advertising in the lower zones and the group finder is not that useful. I have tried forming groups (healer spec) and no luck..we always come up short a tank..or people start dropping because the wait is so long (wait to form a full group)

I am also concerned about getting gear to participate in end game..I havent seen too many people advertising for normal mode dungeons that drop QL 10 gear..everybody seems to be advertising for nightmare and lf people with 4k dps or 4k heals...

so my question is..for a late-comer to the game..is there now a grand-divide between new players coming into the game and access to the end-game?

Comments

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    What you experience now is pretty much a trend you often find in MMOs, but could be more so in TSW since of pop drop (though not so much on endgame, and as you say, people recruit there). At least theres only one server so that you can play with "anyone". My suggestion would be to find a guild that recruits new players. Surely the true and loyal guilds to TSW wants the population to grow and support the game, they should have recruitment threads on official forums.
  • spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172

find a cabal or advertise in agartha

I have helped many through normal/elite dungeons as tank

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    most people look for dungeons in Argatha..thats where most hang out for grp at.you should not really have a problem with finding anyone there.
  • brackatchabrackatcha Member Posts: 24
    I have no problem with putting in my time and grinding gear..but as you pointed out the population issues seem to be exacerbating the problem of end-game access.
    Originally posted by kevjards
    most people look for dungeons in Argatha..thats where most hang out for grp at.you should not really have a problem with finding anyone there.

even for the normal mode polaris, and so forth?

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

Agartha is the best place to find people to group for dungeons -- and if you advertise clearly what you're looking for there's more than likely folks who are in the same boat -- looking to do normals.

There's also quite a few friendly cabals recruiting, so it may make sense to take a look over at the forums.  Here's a good place to start:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

The community is really friendly, so just state up front what you are looking for, and I'm sure you'll find some groups.

Originally posted by Ortwig

Agartha is the best place to find people to group for dungeons -- and if you advertise clearly what you're looking for there's more than likely folks who are in the same boat -- looking to do normals.

There's also quite a few friendly cabals recruiting, so it may make sense to take a look over at the forums.  Here's a good place to start:

The community is really friendly, so just state up front what you are looking for, and I'm sure you'll find some groups.

thanks, I did not think that the lower level folks (like myself) would be advertising in Argatha, will give it a try

Originally posted by brackatcha
    Originally posted by Ortwig

thanks, I did not think that the lower level folks (like myself) would be advertising in Argatha, will give it a try

I would also encourage using the forums.  There's a newcomers thread there as well; lots of people new to the game there:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Here's a good post from the forums -- this is for starting up a team from Agartha:

"A couple of little tricks I've found for getting into those Normal dungeons:

1) Don't be afraid to start the group yourself rather than waiting on an invite.
    2) Healers and Tanks are always in very short supply. It isn't all that hard to go back a Zone or two and build up the necessary AP/SP to make a secondary set of items/skills just for Dungeons, at least at the Normal Level. Just be honest with your companions if you are very new to those rolls and still at the low end of the learning curve. I know I always offer to leave the group, no hard feelings, if they want to wait for a more experienced Tank. Most people don't have a problem with it at that level, as they are only just learning themselves and it makes you a much better catch for PUG Dungeon groups, which means more invites more often."