Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game looks great, little worried because why isn't this game on sale yet?

I am worried because the game is 3 weeks from launch.  Why is it not available for preorder?  Other then the blog videos there is no advertising.  The game looks amazing and finally made it more streamline but the darkfall website is beyod basic, we have no information on how we are going to obtain our free copy being a former darkfall owner, and there is no way for people interested to purchase the game yet.  Some people are going to be strapped for cash during the month of December (not me but just thinking from a financial perspective) and the earlier you get the pre-order ability out the better for AV.

Anyone else Hyped, will be playing this for a long time if they hold true to what they have been advertising.

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    i dont think they are doing pre orders cause the people that bought it before are first in line i think could be wrong but we get it for a sub price no reason for us to buy it
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

The game is only being advertised to the people who already own it because AV only has 2 servers that can only sustain 10k concurrent players, which means an avg of about 15k players from multiple time zones, or about 30-50k total. They probably won't sell it to the general public for at least the first month.

To the poster above me, you will have to buy it. DFO didn't go sub only until development for that game stopped completely. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

Originally posted by xpiher

The game is only being advertised to the people who already own it because AV only has 2 servers that can only sustain 10k concurrent players, which means an avg of about 15k players from multiple time zones, or about 30-50k total. They probably won't sell it to the general public for at least the first month.

To the poster above me, you will have to buy it. DFO didn't go sub only until development for that game stopped completely. 

NOT if you purchased the original client its only sub price

Originally posted by Raxeon

You weren't clear in your post. I thought you were saying that others wouldn't have to buy the game. My mistake. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

You weren't clear in your post. I thought you were saying that others wouldn't have to buy the game. My mistake. 

sorry im not feeling very well atm : (

• EtheomEtheom Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Indeed the reason why it is not for sale is because all you must do is have bought Darkfall. If you have bought Darkfall 1, all you must do is subscribe to login and download the new client once it is released. Patience my friends, this is going to be the best mmo sandbox to date!

• ThebozzThebozz Member UncommonPosts: 117
    I'm confused if you bought darkfall you get the updated darkfall for free... how is this not an expansion?
    Originally posted by Thebozz
    I'm confused if you bought darkfall you get the updated darkfall for free... how is this not an expansion?

it was suppose to be but it wouldnt of had all the improvemeants this game is getting so they decided to keep improving it thus (new game) was the better option

• ThebozzThebozz Member UncommonPosts: 117

it was suppose to be but it wouldnt of had all the improvemeants this game is getting so they decided to keep improving it thus (new game) was the better option

So they never would have updated darkfall to the point they are updating darkfall without charging people for the new game they are calling a new game, but giving away to those that bought the old game?  Still doesn't make sense.  It is like they have withheld updates from darkfall in order to say new game, but really it is just a massive update to old game.  It is even being sold like an update to the old game, because it isn't being sold to those that bought the old game.

So they never would have updated darkfall to the point they are updating darkfall without charging people for the new game they are calling a new game, but giving away to those that bought the old game?  Still doesn't make sense.  It is like they have withheld updates from darkfall in order to say new game, but really it is just a massive update to old game.  It is even being sold like an update to the old game, because it isn't being sold to those that bought the old game.

ffxiv is being rebuilt but we actully get are 30 days free back df is pretty much doing the same thing except we have to pay a sub still to play uw.

all it means is both companys arent going for a money grab

It doesn't make sense to you. Heres why its being called a new game. Think of how different GW1 and GW2 are in terms of game play and some core design features. While the difference between DFO and DF:UW isn't that drastic, enough core features have been changed or altered to make it a new game. Furthermore, another resaon why its a new game rather than an expansion is because the core code has been fundementally altered as well. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• TeilkTeilk Member UncommonPosts: 15

Based on what they have shown and described so far, it does indeed look like an entirely new game. Kind of sucks for those of us who have played for years, had a fatty bank and so on, since we lose all the time that we put in to the creation of our awesome characters, but on the flipside, DF 1 was dying a slow and painful death.

The new order of things looks like it will give a few carebear aspects, user friendly GUI, enhanced crafting system and a defined role system that will likely go a long, long way when it comes to attracting "normal" MMO gamers and encouraging long term play. While it may seem "dumbed down" for those of us that got used to and embraced the "hardcore" aspect of the game, the overall changes are dramatic enough that it should attract a lot of newer players, as well as some of the older ones that got fed up and left before.

As for why it is not on sale yet, I am going to guess that while AV is happy to accept the community wrath (and subsequent publicity) that comes with missing an announced date, be it for interviews or release,  they are wise enough to know that puling the same stunts after you have taken money leads to an entirely different outcome. 

• NoctieNoctie Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I want to buy this game but if they wont let new players preorder and play on launch day then i prolly wont bother, making a new char when everyone is already high lvl and knows the game sucks.
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

You are not the only one who is confused sometimes Tasos calls it a "expansion" or "patch" also in interviews but always adds how it is a "new game".

Its a marketing stance , all this hype wouldn't have been created without all this  "new-ness" .

Beside that  now he could shutdown the server for a month without much explanation ..i would say it was a win-win for Tasos to call it a "new game" ..for the customers tho ...well Av don't care about them...

You are absolutely right, they indeed withheld updates from the game and for the paying subscriber for like 2 years...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

WTF??? Really???

I cannot buy or play this game unless I have the original????

This is the dumbest decision I could think of (from a marketing point-of-view)

To hell with you - players and game - you don’t want me and I don’t want you

I will play other games who do want my money and time....

Just my 2 cents...

• LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Noctie
    I want to buy this game but if they wont let new players preorder and play on launch day then i prolly wont bother, making a new char when everyone is already high lvl and knows the game sucks.

^this

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104

What makes you think you wont be able to play on launch day? obviously you can play the game like everyone else only exception is you have to buy the client if you didn't play the original version.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Originally posted by Kaminaxius

What makes you think you wont be able to play on launch day? obviously you can play the game like everyone else only exception is you have to buy the client if you didn't play the original version.

Because there is a very strong possibly that they will do a limited launch, just like the first time around and if I was them I might consider making the new game available first to the returning player base and then to new subscribers later if initial server performance is going to be a concern. Remember, it appears they are going live without a stress test, it would be only prudent for them to carefully monitor and control the rate in which players join the game, especially if they get unexpectedly greater demand.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Shaike

WTF??? Really???

You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. You are creating false rumors.

Let me tell you the truth, as simple as it is:

You will be able to play the game at launch. If you did not play Darkfall 1 (if you did not buy the game) you WILL have to buy the game to play Unholy Wars. It's that simple! There is nothing else to worry about. If you have bought DF1, you can download and play Unholy Wars. If you have not bought DF1, all you must do is buy the game and boom! You're playing.

Calm down and be patient.

Originally posted by Kyleran

Because there is a very strong possibly that they will do a limited launch, just like the first time around and if I was them I might consider making the new game available first to the returning player base and then to new subscribers later if initial server performance is going to be a concern. Remember, it appears they are going live without a stress test, it would be only prudent for them to carefully monitor and control the rate in which players join the game, especially if they get unexpectedly greater demand.

Let me remind you Kyleran:

The original limited launch was due to AV originally having VERY low resources to build this game (small company). They now have the EU-1 and NA-1 server ready for Unholy Wars and each can easily hold the player base. Remember, AV has many new resources to work with on this day in 2012. All is well, friend.

• NoctieNoctie Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Im still wondering if AV ever said anything about the launch being for old players ONLY or if people just enjoy making up unfounded rumors because i've been told that many times yet noone seems to have a real source.
  • NatrisNatris Member Posts: 38
    Im still wondering if AV ever said anything about the launch being for old players ONLY or if people just enjoy making up unfounded rumors because i've been told that many times yet noone seems to have a real source.

There was no official statement from AV that stated this. People are just speculating.

Indeed it is pure speculation. Patience, friends. All will be revealed.

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I really doubt they would do this again as they already stated in that av doc that missing out on all those subscribers they did at first release cause of selling limited was the biggest mistake they ever made. Please stop spreading rumours before anything has been stated from AV.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Shaike

WTF??? Really???

With the attitude you're exhibiting, you probably shouldn't play Darkfall: Unholy Wars anyway.  One death and loss of all you have on you would more than likely be enough to leave.  Save yourself a few $ and play something else.