Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its time for a dungeonfinder

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I play a lot of offtimes, and then its incredible hard to find dungeongroups.

A good dungeonfinder mechanic would solve that problem.  On top of that it would make it easier for people to group up and make new friends.

Do you agree?

Would you use the Dungeonfinder?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    imo this is how you ruin a game..everyone standing around static like twats.i hate these dungeon finders..absolutely the worse idea to ever be invented
  • InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    No. That's what we have guilds for.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578
    Originally posted by kevjards
    imo this is how you ruin a game..everyone standing around static like twats.i hate these dungeon finders..absolutely the worse idea to ever be invented

Yeah afterall its better that a zillion people just stand around in LA while filling the chat box up with LFG and forcing everyone entering lions arch into an overflow..

Anet really needs to listen to the community on this one and add a functional and comprehensive dungeon finder asap..

Playing GW2..

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by dageeza

Yeah afterall its better that a zillion people just stand around in LA while filling the chat box up with LFG and forcing everyone entering lions arch into an overflow..

Anet really needs to listen to the community on this one and add a functional and comprehensive dungeon finder asap..

You want to ruin the community even more? with this function guilds would be dead and people will get an even better reason to write insulting things and swearing.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Yes... for this game I'd say it needs a dungeon finder. Its a very helpful tool when you don't have friends or guildies to play with. Just as long as it makes the player actually 'visit' the location first and has some ways to limit it I think. 
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

Dungeon finder will be implemented sooner or later this is something  MMOS really need these days. Nothing is worse than insane 'lfg' spam in chat.

I usually add spammers to my ignore list.... there that is how much i give a damn about your community spamming the chat channels.

• NavekNavek Member UncommonPosts: 71

Never used one in any game I've played, always had enough friends / guidmates on too do a dungeon  if desired, but tbh I dont do pugs if at all possible.

That said , no real animosity to the idea, theres lots  I would like to see introduced before it though.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I said they needed one at launch.  But waiting a few months is okay, I guess, to let people explore a tiny bit more.  But now...LFG tool, maybe you can't use it for that dungeon until you run to it and unlock it.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I think they should implement a dungeon finder when they revamp the dungeons to be more like fractals.

PUGs in this game are incredibly annoying with dungeons the way they are at the moment.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo

You want to ruin the community even more? with this function guilds would be dead and people will get an even better reason to write insulting things and swearing.

New times bro, either accept it or move on.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

I'd love to complete all the paths of all the dungeons, but I can so seldom be bothered with all the spamming and time-wasting trying to get a group organized for a dungeon. Especially since FotM launched and the population for every dungeon other than FotM has dropped by 90%.

If GW2 added a dungeon finder, I would use the crap out of it.

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94

this...whenever a MMO gets this put in i cancel my sub...

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

Dungeon finder will be implemented sooner or later this is something  MMOS really need these days. Nothing is worse than insane 'lfg' spam in chat.

I usually add spammers to my ignore list.... there that is how much i give a damn about your community spamming the chat channels.

You play wrong games thats all,go to dungeon and find players there,inside or outside.

Let's internet

• ShorunShorun Member UncommonPosts: 247

I don't know why people on these forums always bash mechanics that make a game more accessible.

A dungeon finder would be a great thing for rather casual gamers like me and if you don't want to use it, just don't use it. It doesn't hurt the gameplay in any way after all. Also, it clears the chat of LFG-spamming.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I play a lot of offtimes, and then its incredible hard to find dungeongroups.

A good dungeonfinder mechanic would solve that problem.  On top of that it would make it easier for people to group up and make new friends.

Do you agree?

Would you use the Dungeonfinder?

"I think a Dungeonfinder is something the game really needs and i would use it alot"

Its really not games fault that people cant find teams or friends,and that game doesnt need any kind of tool,its you people who needs looking for friend tools.

Let's internet

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Never really had trouble with finding groups.

What I will say is that their instancing system is below par compared to other games out there (which is surprising, as many of the other features outdo other games).

I've ran into trouble countless times with people being transferred to individual instances if they're not in the same overflow, or troubles with the dungeon ownership (it totally fucks up if the owner falls out). They took a better approach with the fractals, making it like their story quests where you check if you're ready to go.

But it's still a mess if you're not on the same overflow or if someone has to drop out in the middle.

Before they go around making a dungeon finder, they better fix all of that by using the readycheck approach for everything, regardless of overflow or location and by assigning a clear dungeon owner / leader role that can be transferred to another player when necessary.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Yes...dungeon finder is always a plus far as I'm concerned. Doesn't have to be of the insta port design. Granted I did get a chuckle out of this considering far as I'm concerned one of the huge letdowns of this game is the dungeons in general. Not one of the better things this game does in my opinion in any respect.

Amazing some still use the "no friends" retort. Says a lot more about you than those you direct it at.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

I agree!!!!

Take even WoW - has many bad sides but one of its best features is the Dungeon/Raid finder.

I simply do not get ppl who do not want them... if they are a feature and you do not want to use them - dont, and instead group up with your guild. For the rest of us with lives who want to play from time to time and do dungeons (and raids in other games) - why not give an easy dungeon/raid finder tool???? it will make it so much easier finding new friends (especially if they make it cross-realm)

Just my 2 cents...

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615

the game needs a better way of finding groups that much is certain, excluding guildchat/whispers you are only able to talk to max one area at a time, not including the overflows, which is max.. 200 people?

does it have to be a completely automatic system like wow? No, altough imo that'd be the best way.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Aye agree here

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    imo this is how you ruin a game..everyone standing around static like twats

Like..on a game forum where we microanalyze the universe in endless detail?

I'd have no objection to something modeled on a good grouping tool.  CoX for example.

Note: Grouping Tool.   Different from Dungeon Finders.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

This.

But whatever - I will stick to guild only groups anyway. [mod edit]

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I dont really care.

I mostly do dungeons with my guild but at times we add a PUGing player or 2 to fill the group (we are a small guild after all). So far have we never had to wait more than 5 mins to fill a group.

Then again, a dungeonfinder wouldnt really hurt me but I think there are better additions ANET could work on instead, the guildparts in GW2 needs improvements.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

Ummm, I have a suggestion. To help both people.

basically, player a, the person looking for a group, makes a ticket, which can be filled out on the board of explorers. This ticket will go on the board of explorers. This board can be brought up anywhere in the world, and the board is split based on what dungeon the ticket holder wants to do, his profession, and his build. He can then go out and explore the world. 

Player b is putting a group together, so all he has to do is go on the board mentioned earlier. From here, he mails his request to the person he is interested in by pressing a convenient button on the board. If they aren't busy, they can join the group. If not, they simply say no. 

Should player a want to take out his ticket, he simply has to go on the board and press remove.

this is my idea on about how the dungeon finder should work. This will bring people together by forcing use of the mail system, and provide a simple way to find people anywhere while at the same time allowing them to keep doing what they want without having to stand around like idiots. The waypoint system will allow for quick transport to the dungeons. So, there you go. 

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    I've made a paradigm change for GW2 and what is best for it. It's not a dungeon finder, it's removing all dungeons from the game and strenghten it's open world gaming even more. However to stay with the convo... I'm always a fan of dungeon finders, to me there isn't a negative.