Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forum Suggestions?

13»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I finally found the most precise way to describe the problem with this site,rather than posting 100 examples.

Would this site lie or mislead users,then turn around and finger point??I feel the answer is an obvious YES,that is the problem,users are disrespected OFTEN here but staff never take blame and isntead like to remain anonymous.How can users here send in complaints ,if they don't even know what mods are acting improper?They seldom take part in this site,usually only to finger point,yes sometimes they do ,but not often.

Rules are put together very shotty and seem like agenda rules,like protecting advertisers for one."Game attacks" does not say you can't bullshit or lie about a game in a positive manner,ONLY in a negative manner,so the agenda seems rather obvious ,does it not?

Tons and tons of content here on this site has been disguised advertising,it is one thing to advertise,however trying to MISLEAD users here is VERY disrespectful.

Has this site become a full out advertising site or is it still a game discussion/information site?I sort of get the feeling,some people are looking for bonuses/raises for getting and supporting more advertising.It really seems like advertising is the MAIN agenda here,NOT gaming.it was NOT always like this,it used to be a much more respectful gaming site,so where in the staff chain has this site gone south?

Reviews are  misleading/adverts, things like "Awesome" all the time to even the most simplest ideas like being able to pick a hair color or having more than one choice of class.Is it really that AWESOME when expecting the very basic? We probably know who i am talking about?It is not always adverts,but trying to mislead users into thinking everything is 100% perfect ,for the sake of possible/future advertising dollars,is also just as bad/wrong IF you care as much about the users as the advertisers?

point is this site has no qualms with misleading users,if it can make a buck,but is ever so quick to point a finger at ridiculolus things,is not only immature it is very disrespectful.Advertising SHOULD be labelled as adverts,not disguised content.Example making a FAMILY gaming thread just to support adverts from Kings Isle is misleading adverts,especially when the topic dissappears soon after.Review then re-review then another review for Trions game is rather shallow.Every content topic points at Rift when there is another 1000+ games on the market.Even Wow the biggest game on the net is not mentioned nearly as much.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Deleted User

I think the forums would be much better off without discussions of politics and/or religion.  Even in the off-topic forums.  I know a lot of folks will disagree, but Ive never seen a positive outcome on either topic.

Well, if they would (say) establish a RandP board solely for the purpose of 'anything goes' unmoderated brawling, it would tend to move a lot of the er, forum pvp, er to a central location away from the primary board, yes?

But ya, R and P is available in so many other venues.  Kind of pointless in general here.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by Wizardry

point is this site has no qualms with misleading users

Do you imagine that any Fan Board that features Polling and Popularity Ratings does?

We're selling people simple answers to complicated questions.  They come here for "what's the game rating?", same as Gamespot et al.

Those simple answers are, in nearly every case. insufficient or wildly inaccurate, for any given user.  But the users continue to come seeking the simple answer gold, anyway.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• KiraRebornKiraReborn Member Posts: 10
    This is quite a great forum for gaming compared to others i've been on though to really get the name out there more i feel the site needs more game walkthrough info. Examples: it could use complete walkthrough guides on certain popular games and certainly more free-bee code hand outs like what wizard101 did not too long ago would bring in more players to sign on. Still in regards to the sheer valume of what the site has to offer its very impressive. Keep up the great work :)
  • KiraRebornKiraReborn Member Posts: 10
    ya know Wizardry has got a point i'd have to agree with about staff members and its a common annoyence on most forums despite whoever's at fault wether it be member or admin the responsibility has to take fault on both sides to be fair as a legitimate site to its users/members. Besides, when you make admins invincible the site loses members when they get fed up and leave and thats not good for anyone.
    Originally posted by RJCox

So I wanted to start a thread to get some ideas from the community at large about the forums here. Not necessarily the layout or functionality of them, thats something for another time really. I'm mainly interested in hearing feedback about how they're handled.

Actually, I love being moderated; it's a sign that it's being done.  Moar please, particularly on weekends.

BUT I'm unsure that, as (unpaying) customers we have or should have any say regarding ideas for the site.  It just promotes an unrealistic set of expectations, an entitlement complex.  Management from the wrong end.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Eh... I think things are fine the way they are. Leave well enough alone.
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

There are formatting differences between when posting a comment directly below an article and when clicking the forum thread and posting a reply there.

Please make it the same.

For example. If I post a comment directly below an article, a return doesn't create a white line. If I post a reply in the forumthread beloning to that article's comments, a return does create a white line. Why is this different? Also it causes format problems, because a lot of edited comments get excessive white lines for some reason.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    please can you stop monetizing the forum in favor of publishers ?

• explorequotesexplorequotes Member Posts: 1

thanks for this discussion...
    I really love it !!
    keep it up good work !! :)

Regards,

Dushyant Vaghela,

http://explorequotes.com/