Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Expansion Poll

DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

I see a lot of talk about MOP being the best expansion but to me i still think BC was.

As times have gone on for me each expansion just got worse overall

I would like to know which you think is the best...

Only vote for the one you think is top dog in your opinion.

Comments

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    It's a no brainer.... TBC is the best expansion, everything after that was a pure garbage.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• AlucardlbAlucardlb Member Posts: 83

Honeslty i just got back to the game after taking most of cata off. And i see alot of BC in this new exp and its very nice. Tho with how much the game has grown and all the new things to keep you busy i do feel this exp is better than BC was. I feel alot of the love for BC is nastalgia or just people who really miss the game when 5 man heroics were 4 hour nightmares for most people. and raiding painfull, having to attune people for Hijal >_< god after that first Kael Thas kill no one wanted to go back to that hell hole for the rest of the guild.

The new systems in play really open up the content for alot of the people and its good for people like me who once did raid 4-5 days a week since vanilla, but now we are married and have lifes but still want to see the progression of the games story. Also, with the new Challenge modes for the heroics, you have those classic BC hard instances back. So This exp is a good mix of the old and the new.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by DonY81

I see a lot of talk about MOP being the best expansion but to me i still think BC was.

As times have gone on for me each expansion just got worse overall

I would like to know which you think is the best...

Only vote for the one you think is top dog in your opinion.

My opinion, as I said elsewhere, is that TBC is the best expac and quite a bit ahead of Cata, which is the next and just a bit ahead of MoP and Wrath as last. Of course that is not set in stone since I have not digested everything in MoP yet.

Why do I like TBC so much? Well, I disliked intensely the Hellfire Peninsula area, but all of the other zones were great from an environment point-of-view as well as the storylines and variation. TBC gave us the most varied zones of any expac since it seemed like it was a virtual world addition to the original world that was very much in keeping with Blizzard's design ethos of that time.

The talent trees were also very good and the expac added so many nice things to each class.

The dungeons were also the most varied and interesting and I liked how each similar themed dungeon was basically divided into three or four parts (for example Hellfire Citadel area has several dungeons). I think this was to overcome the original, awesome dungeons that might have been just a little too long to play in one sitting for most people.

Finally, TBC also gave us the first heroic dungeons but you had to please factions (both a plus and a minus) in order to get in. Challenge-wise, TBC was right on par for almost anything you could choose to do.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

I never tried MoP, but I have

BC > WOTLK > Cata

• TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162

Hmm, for me that depends.

For gameplay TBC was the best. The felreaver was just awesome, especially watching it chase after another player. The zones were very interesting in aesthetics.

For lore Wrath gets the prime points. The overall presence of the Lich King was very well done. The side stories were kinda neat too.

After those two, meh.

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369
    BC > WOTLK>>>>>>MOP >>>>CATA
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

I liked BC, shame they dont release any content in those regions anymore.

WOTLK, was fun for a few hours, didnt like the scandinavian theme, got boring VERY fast.

Cata, as a casual player, didn't know what to do...

Mop, Asian theme is even more boring then WOTLK, graphics are nice but again, it gets boring fast and if you dont like Asian stuff you end up on the 'cancel subscription' button VERY fast.  + everything feels more like a powergrind, not to mention the catering to little kids with pokemon and farmville.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"