Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wizardry Online: New Wikia Site Reveals Character Information

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Wizardry Online Wikia site has been updated with tons of new information about classes in the game as well as new information about the chat system that will be featured. The new details will emerge when the site is officially updated at 3 pm PDT/6 pm EDT.

Fighter characters are easy to play due to their high HP and excellent balance between attack and defense. By leveling up, Fighters can specialize in either attack or defense. However, Fighters cannot learn magic and are not skilled at avoiding magic attacks.

Difficulty: Easy

Survivability: High

Play Style: Tank and/or Melee DPS

Available Alignments: Lawful, Neutral, Chaotic

Ability Requirements: STR 8

Check out the Wizardry Online Wiki.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    hum wow, i can do all that with my warrior?...that's so incredibly cool...oh and what happens when i do end up dieing?....my character is gone for good?!! screw dat....
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    my aligment is chaotic good >.< sometimes true neutral/ lawful neutral

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

When you die you have 12 minutes to get to a Guardian statue to rezz before you turn to Ash, when you get there it has a percentage of success, for you soul level( which is about your first 7-7 levels ) you have an automatic 100% success rate, afterwards the percentage is based on how long it took you to get to the statue and a few other factors but you can sacrifice items in your inventory to increase the chance of success up to 100%, if you fail to rezz you are turned to Ash and then can still try again, if you fail a second time you are lost and thats perma death. Its really not as unforgiving of a rezz system as people make it out to seem, especially with the 100% rate for the first while to give you time to learn the ropes and figure out how to not die, but at the same time still having the hardcore aspect and chances of losing it all( Your character level and Soul level are different though, and your Soul stuff carrys over to your next made character, so you dont lose everything that you have banked or your progress in the storyline ).

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184

The game is doomed.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

Thats not even the worst part...

When you level you can actually lose stats... (You gain 1 point of STR, you lose 1 point of VIT) leveling is a TOTAL RNG depending upon your roll of the (figurative) dice you can have better or worse stats of another character of equal level.

I mean hell I played the original Wizardry games back in my C64 days, they were very unforgiving and you had to carfully plan parties etc. But when you try to impliment a system like this in an MMO with PvP etc. well it just doesn't fly. 

Losing stats for progressing.. never a good thing.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Wighty

When you level you can actually lose stats... (You gain 1 point of STR, you lose 1 point of VIT) leveling is a TOTAL RNG depending upon your roll of the (figurative) dice you can have better or worse stats of another character of equal level.

I mean hell I played the original Wizardry games back in my C64 days, they were very unforgiving and you had to carfully plan parties etc. But when you try to impliment a system like this in an MMO with PvP etc. well it just doesn't fly. 

That's how the wizardry series has always been but It usually depends on the age of the character.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879
    why does every asian game have to have some childlike character race?

the game tut is really irrtiating  it takes to long to get to the meat and the character models are awful.

the one thing that needs fixing asap is the game lighting its over the top and every time i revive i have to remeber to look away from my screen strong flashing bright lights are a no no

man i have to say i really like that idea because its  a true rpg idea. like if you have someone in your party whos a old blind mage.  the old blind mage would have  low accuracy, low vit, but in return he has high wisdom and can cast  the most powerful spells much earlyer than other mages.

but for an mmo i don't think it works but consideirng how this game works who knows its to early to tell if it will be accepted or patched out

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

I love that this game already.

All the gamer types I hate seeing in MMOs just complain out of fear, and that's hopefully a good sign that they'll stay away from it completely.

a yo ho ho

• alloinalloin Member UncommonPosts: 135

People still need to get used to change, the permadeath is not new, but it makes the game way more interesting. Old skool mmo's used to be like that all the time.

All commercial mmo's have been dumbed down to 1-3 tab target button smashing, even a 5 year old can beat the hardes bosses.

Getting penalties for playing bad, or choosing bad teams makes you put more effort into it and makes pvp much more interesting.

I'm still waiting for my beta key though, so can't say anything about the game itself, love the concept though !
    We are all satoshi!
  • elf8blisself8bliss Member UncommonPosts: 304
    Is anyone else pissed that they turned one of  the greatest roleplaying games ever written in software into cheap anime crap.
  • picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256

Furthermore, they managed to make the easiest things completely unnecessary complicated with the probably worst UI I've ever seen. And while people ride on the permadeath feature (which is perfectly fine to me, also the "hard" attribute, nothing wrong with that) they just forget that a game has to be fun in the first place. This is no fun rather than a big headache. What a wasted opportunity...

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by picommander

Furthermore, they managed to make the easiest things completely unnecessary complicated with the probably worst UI I've ever seen. And while people ride on the permadeath feature (which is perfectly fine to me, also the "hard" attribute, nothing wrong with that) they just forget that a game has to be fun in the first place. This is no fun rather than a big headache. What a wasted opportunity...

The ui is fine for me, in fact this is like any other game out there. The game is fun too, maibe you dont like it but i do and many people do too so, this is a matter of opinion.

The only thing who bother me is the animations, they are horrible, but that no game breaker for me.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by elf8bliss
    Is anyone else pissed that they turned one of  the greatest roleplaying games ever written in software into cheap anime crap.

Anime? can you elaborate what you mean by that?

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Deitylight

That's how the wizardry series has always been but It usually depends on the age of the character.

I am well aware of how the single player variants were, as I played (and still own) every one of them. While yes Wizardry was a very harsh world back then it became more forgiving especially 7 and 8.

If we want to talk about Wizardry at it's core this is a very poor interpritation of probably one of the greatest SRPG franchises. Where are my Ninja's Samaurai, Psionosicts? Where are my  Dracon, Felpurr, and Rawulf among others... Instead I have some friggin anime pikachu style race and a few of the standard races for the original.

This is just some bastardized asian misinterpretation by a few hacks who probably purchased the rights to the franchise at a fire sale. What a shame...

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

I am well aware of how the single player variants were, as I played (and still own) every one of them. While yes Wizardry was a very harsh world back then it became more forgiving especially 7 and 8.

If we want to talk about Wizardry at it's core this is a very poor interpritation of probably one of the greatest SRPG franchises. Where are my Ninja's Samaurai, Psionosicts? Where are my  Dracon, Felpurr, and Rawulf among others... Instead I have some friggin anime pikachu style race and a few of the standard races for the original.

This is just some bastardized asian misinterpretation by a few hacks who probably purchased the rights to the franchise at a fire sale. What a shame...

That's only because the western fans of Wizardry sold it out to play more forgiving sprpgs like The Bard's Tale, Ultima and Might & Magic. Truth be told the japanese fans are the only reason we are still talking about Wizardry to this day. Sir-Tech made 9 Wizardry games with the last being in 2001.  The japanese: 38 with the last one being what you are bashing now. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. At least it's closer to the spirit of Wizardry than how some other IPs end up becoming in the hands of their original creators...

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

Yes>...Huge fan of Wiz 7 and 8 but this is just pure garbage......I'll be shocked if anyone pays a dime for this game.

• PsyentistPsyentist Member UncommonPosts: 46

@Kalafax Dont bullshit man, you have no idea how it works.  Its 12 hours, not twelve minutes.

Anyway, this wiki article is most assuredly a breach of NDA.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Psyentist

@Kalafax Dont bullshit man, you have no idea how it works.  Its 12 hours, not twelve minutes.

Anyway, this wiki article is most assuredly a breach of NDA.

I wouldn't say he's BSing, rather he just misinterpreted the counter you see when you die. Since everything else is in HH:MM:SS format, when the game displayed XX:XX, I also assumed at first it was minutes and seconds.

As for the wiki, that information is supported by SOE, with a good bit of the content either provided by or approved by SOE.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• nhatnhat Member UncommonPosts: 166

Eh the franchise is more popular in JP so they're making it. The Wizardry simply isn't popular here anymore so don't blame another country for making the game, blame your country.

• nhatnhat Member UncommonPosts: 166

Eh the franchise is more popular in JP so they're making it. The Wizardry simply isn't popular here anymore so don't blame another country for making the game, blame your country.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by nhat

well to tell the truth the last 3 parts was more like space travel with swords and all, the way it shows here is more the medieval part like the first 3 plus the 5th. so pretty much you could have to choose 8 classes, most of time you make fighter priests mages and thief, with the basics of elfs humans, dwarfs gnomes and hobbits, then after you lvl a little bit you could change class to lord, samurai, bishop, ninja and the ninja was always evil so unless you cheat in some way or change his alignment to good(or you play with all evil chars not my thing though :) )

but also, note then the soul system with the char, in the soul you can like save some loot (and most of time is not rare drops) you guys will grind, you can repeat the requests for soul points and xp/money, also teh equipment lvl is locked on the soul so you can lvl a char pretty fast in higher lvl dungeon with good gear also all story of the game is linked to the soul, also any criminal act is linked to the soul so you can't have a pk char and log off to play another(unless you make another soul).

still I need to check and see how the class change will work I know the old magic system is there and you can learn that spells with mages and clerics only, we need to see how and what each class carry, also we need to know if the 10 points limit on each stat is here or not.

also I guess with the perma dead if your char is lost i'm pretty sure they will sell a CS items to bring the char back, its kinda on the help files this one.

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Bunzaga1Bunzaga1 Member UncommonPosts: 1

I was looking for a game with the balls enough to implement perma death, similar to DayZ, only Midevil style.  Glad someone did it!

Looking forward to the release.