Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!
«1

Comments

  • KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 3,012Member Uncommon
    There will always be aimbotters in shooters just as there will always be gold farmers and botters in MMO's, nothing new there. The article is over a month old so nothing new there either image
  • IkedaIkeda Largo, FLPosts: 2,204Member Uncommon

    All this shows is that apparently you are new....

    Welcome to the INTERNET.

    Watch out, there are scammers out in the real world too.  Better not walk outside!

    SWTOR: F2P or Premium? Want Galactic Strongholds early? http://www.swtor.com/r/LbMdN7 Use the referral for 7 days of subscriber access. Unlock your GS today!

  • GrayImpactGrayImpact NetherlandsPosts: 983Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ikeda

    All this shows is that apparently you are new....

    Welcome to the INTERNET.

    Watch out, there are scammers out in the real world too.  Better not walk outside!

    Pretty much this.

     

    If this surprises you you are seriously new to the internet.

  • TheHavokTheHavok San Jose, CAPosts: 2,398Member Uncommon
    Is it really that surprising?  Like people already mentioned, all games have hacks.  What you need to be concerned about it how fast will SOE block the hacks and how good is their security.
  • TealaTeala SomewherePosts: 7,430Member Uncommon
    They didn't stop it in PS1, what makes anyone think they'll stop it in PS2?

    image
  • spizzspizz BlackForrestPosts: 2,587Member

    Does the game even has some kind of cheat detection ? And if what type of hack prevention has Planetside 2, maybe somebody did read about it.

    I would not be surprised if the game would have no cheat protection at all, fits into the server performance chaos currently.

  • 123443211234123443211234 seattle, WAPosts: 244Member
    Its pretty obvious that at this point they can't do anything about it.  Maybe in the coming weeks they will work on detection, but its unlikely.  This game is f2p which means even if they are able to ban someone that person can simply make another account for free and start right back up again.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Posts: 1,005Member Uncommon

    I was thinking about updating my graphics card just to play planetside 2 because its the only game I can't run on this pc for some reason even in lowest settings.

    However after Beta, I logged into the game to make a character, and I just logged back out, and I will tell the community why.

    1. The character Models SUCK!, Absolute Force Online, Another F2P game currently in Beta has better character Skins, and models for that matter.

    It is shameful what some of these MMO companies do I would be ashamed to even be on the PlanetSide Dev Team, and that is no joke, how much money was spent making planetside 2 and then failing to make characters look decent, or add customizeable armors, or anything like this.

    Aimbots will be in everygame which is true, but how much effort is sony really putting out there against Cheaters, PlanetSide 2 worth playing absolutely not in my eyes in the current state it is in.

    Planetside 2 is no more than playing a 30 minute game in Absolute Force Online of capture the point, they really didn't do a good job.

    I understand every game has its Fan Base, and those who like it will play, but I don't.

    Honestly I think PlanetSide 1, was developed better than PlanetSide 2, given the year it was developed in.

  • EdelbertEdelbert Bad BramstedtPosts: 67Member
    Originally posted by Renoaku

    It is shameful what some of these MMO companies do I would be ashamed to even be on the PlanetSide Dev Team, and that is no joke, how much money was spent making planetside 2 and then failing to make characters look decent, or add customizeable armors, or anything like this.

    Don't know what you're talking about, there are customizations and the character models look great.

  • tank017tank017 Glendale, CAPosts: 2,192Member

    Had to deal with a Lightning today hopped up on god mode..

     

    kept going when its HP was spent,moving right along and blowing everyone away.

     

    had people hitting me through walls too.

  • OnomasOnomas Rock Hill, SCPosts: 1,128Member Uncommon
    They should just release a planetside 2 hack for everyone, this way everyone will be on an even playing field again. And the hackers can get back to sucking so bad again that they needed to use them in the first place.
  • ReklawReklaw Am.Posts: 6,474Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Renoaku

    I was thinking about updating my graphics card just to play planetside 2 because its the only game I can't run on this pc for some reason even in lowest settings.

    However after Beta, I logged into the game to make a character, and I just logged back out, and I will tell the community why.

    1. The character Models SUCK!, Absolute Force Online, Another F2P game currently in Beta has better character Skins, and models for that matter.

    It is shameful what some of these MMO companies do I would be ashamed to even be on the PlanetSide Dev Team, and that is no joke, how much money was spent making planetside 2 and then failing to make characters look decent, or add customizeable armors, or anything like this.

    Aimbots will be in everygame which is true, but how much effort is sony really putting out there against Cheaters, PlanetSide 2 worth playing absolutely not in my eyes in the current state it is in.

    Planetside 2 is no more than playing a 30 minute game in Absolute Force Online of capture the point, they really didn't do a good job.

    I understand every game has its Fan Base, and those who like it will play, but I don't.

    Honestly I think PlanetSide 1, was developed better than PlanetSide 2, given the year it was developed in.

    If it was a MMORPGFPS then I would definitly expect more character create options at the start, but it aint that, it's a MMOFPS and has plenty of custumisation options during gameplay. I will admit at first I was slightly dissapointed when I noticed I could only get 4 type of faces, but then again in a shooter like this I will see more player backs then I will ever see a face upclose. What makes the customisation worth it in PS2 is it's armor and weapons look.

    Where in Absolute Force the only vehicle I saw was a helicopter, where PS2 has all sorts of vehicles. The ingame effects also are far more realistic to view then what I have seen in pretty generic effects seen in Absolute Force.

    I'd say that if you are a FPS fan and are enjoying Absolute Force Online that you really should try PS2 again and give it more time. In AFO when you jump into the game it feels familair like every other shooter out there, nothing special to think of, just jump in and start shooting.

    In PS2 you need to first get to know the game abit more before you get the fun out of it. Pure talking based on my own experiance with both, where as said in AFO you jump in and act like it's your common shooter. My first attempts at PS2 where pure fail cause I got instant killed when I entered the battlefield. But havn't given up and had more attempts with several being succesfull and was able to see the scope of the game. Which in my opinion goes so much deeper then AFO.

    Oh and to be on topic I think I am somewhat immune to cheaters, I just feel sorry for Wanna-Be-Gamers that feel the need to use cheats in order to be good at something like a game .

  • ZinzanZinzan NorthPosts: 1,351Member

    This is why the beta selection process in games should be more stringent, but it's not.

    All these cheats were developed and tested during beta so the second the game goes live it's riddled with them.

    What is annoying is the same cheats that were spotted and reported in beta still prevail.

    As others have said, PS was a cheaters paradise, PS2 is no different and i don't think i can name a single FPS or mmorpg that hasn't had some form of hacks, exploits or cheats from pretty much launch day.

    Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

  • ZinzanZinzan NorthPosts: 1,351Member
    Originally posted by Onomas
    They should just release a planetside 2 hack for everyone, this way everyone will be on an even playing field again. And the hackers can get back to sucking so bad again that they needed to use them in the first place.

    Many cheats and hackers don't do it to appear good at the game, a lot do it simply to grief others, just because they can hack the game or simply for kicks. The notion of cheating to get good scores is a bit 1990's.

    The reason your idea is not workable is it destroys the game, you want everyone sniping enemies from the other side of the map for example? Not good, what would be the point in playing?

    Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

  • OnomasOnomas Rock Hill, SCPosts: 1,128Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Zinzan
    Originally posted by Onomas
    They should just release a planetside 2 hack for everyone, this way everyone will be on an even playing field again. And the hackers can get back to sucking so bad again that they needed to use them in the first place.

    Many cheats and hackers don't do it to appear good at the game, a lot do it simply to grief others, just because they can hack the game or simply for kicks. The notion of cheating to get good scores is a bit 1990's.

    The reason your idea is not workable is it destroys the game, you want everyone sniping enemies from the other side of the map for example? Not good, what would be the point in playing?

    sarcasm ;)

    Its a FPS, and two things that are associated with fps is 1) you will die 2) there are hacks.

    No getting around that. There are websited dedicated to making and updating hacks. Soon as a anti-hack software goes live its usualy broken in less than a week. I gave up on shooters for the longest time due to it. But since there are no good real mmorpg's i picked it up again.

  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,436Member Uncommon

    Cheating/hacking usually only exists because the game allows it on the client side.Devs don't really care either,they rather the players police the game,than take an active interest in THEIR own game.

    I realize some code is tough to run and check server side,the lag would be incredible.I am sure their coders are smart enough to think of ways,again IF they really care.To get anything done in life,yo uhave to put pressure on the developer to care,otherwise they won't.

    if i was going to pick a couple devs i would NEVER trust for caring,SOE and NCSOFT are two at the top.Free to play devs are definitely not going to care.


    Samoan Diamond

  • CalmOceansCalmOceans BergenPosts: 2,273Member

    While someone eventually figures out how to hack the game usually, I have never seen a game hacked so fast that came from a brand new engine.

    Banning the individual players, while good, is pointless unless you stop the hacks or go after the sites that distribute them.

    This being a F2P game makes it so much worse, F2P games suffer much more from hacks than P2P games.

  • AsboAsbo ManchesterPosts: 796Member Uncommon

    Shame that people feel the need to cheat but such is life. If they need to do that to get their kick so be it but that should not stop honest people from playing any game imo.

    Bandit

    Asbo

  • lotapartylotaparty taxila canttPosts: 514Member
    Originally posted by Teala
    They didn't stop it in PS1, what makes anyone think they'll stop it in PS2?

    true true

    image

  • ForumPvPForumPvP KingstownPosts: 871Member
    Originally posted by CalmOceans

    While someone eventually figures out how to hack the game usually, I have never seen a game hacked so fast that came from a brand new engine.

    Banning the individual players, while good, is pointless unless you stop the hacks or go after the sites that distribute them.

    This being an F2P game makes it so much worse, F2P games suffer much more from hacks than P2P games.

    They need to separate subscription servers from free™ servers ,like fast.

    Add admins to p2p servers atleast 1 per server.

     

     

    Let's internet

  • CalmOceansCalmOceans BergenPosts: 2,273Member
    Originally posted by ForumPvP
    Originally posted by CalmOceans

    While someone eventually figures out how to hack the game usually, I have never seen a game hacked so fast that came from a brand new engine.

    Banning the individual players, while good, is pointless unless you stop the hacks or go after the sites that distribute them.

    This being an F2P game makes it so much worse, F2P games suffer much more from hacks than P2P games.

    They need to separate subscription servers from free™ servers ,like fast.

    Add admins to p2p servers atleast 1 per server.

     

     

    Yes, it would help probably.

    I think the people who hack these games are a very small bunch of people, if they took it serious and went after them with legal action they might accomplish something, but I think this game will be hacked over and over if it's so easy to make accounts and it doesn't require a box purchase either.

  • tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 2,532Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Teala
    They didn't stop it in PS1, what makes anyone think they'll stop it in PS2?

    What make you think they can stop it. As far as i know there have yet to be one company who have managed to stop these kinds of cheats completley wihtout putting in draconic systems that blocks as much legit stuff as it blocks cheats.

     

    Either you have a smooth game or a cheat free game... Can't have both.

  • hfztthfztt GlostrupPosts: 839Member Uncommon

    For anyone wondering why CCP did not make DUST 514 for the PC. This is the reason.

    This kind of shit is just way harder to pull of on a console.

  • Z3R01Z3R01 NYC, NYPosts: 2,426Member

    Aimbot? bahh...

    And my friends wonder why i prefer single player fps games.

    Playing:

    Waiting on:

  • dariuszpdariuszp PrzeworskPosts: 182Member
    Originally posted by ForumPvP
    Originally posted by CalmOceans

    While someone eventually figures out how to hack the game usually, I have never seen a game hacked so fast that came from a brand new engine.

    Banning the individual players, while good, is pointless unless you stop the hacks or go after the sites that distribute them.

    This being an F2P game makes it so much worse, F2P games suffer much more from hacks than P2P games.

    They need to separate subscription servers from free™ servers ,like fast.

    Add admins to p2p servers atleast 1 per server. 

    You know, I bought Alpha Squad package for 40$. I also don't mind paying for this game. Hell, I donate overall 50$ so it's almost like I bought it or payed 3 months worth subscription.

    Still I think that going P2P would be a VERY bad idea. Why ? Because crowded maps are EXACLY what we need in this kind of game.

    Cheaters ? To hell with them. If I notice one I will report him ASAP. And this is everything we can do. Report cheaters, make them unwelcome. Leave everything in developers hands. They know what they do.

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.