Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this game was fun the first day, that's it

Comments

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by BizkitNL
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

Look, you lot can argue about this all you want, that's fine. But don't even try to turn your opinions into facts.

The FACT is: hundreds of people have been enjoying PS2 since Beta, even more do so now.

But I guess if you can't enjoy it, no one should? Heh.

What are you babbling on about?  What facts?  The fact also remains that some of us think the game sucks.  You don't have to agree.  No one is forcing you to comply with our opinion, and I don't know why you feel so threatened by those who disagree with you. 

Now who's babbling?

Blocked.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Look, you lot can argue about this all you want, that's fine. But don't even try to turn your opinions into facts.

The FACT is: hundreds of people have been enjoying PS2 since Beta, even more do so now.

But I guess if you can't enjoy it, no one should? Heh.

What are you babbling on about?  What facts?  The fact also remains that some of us think the game sucks.  You don't have to agree.  No one is forcing you to comply with our opinion, and I don't know why you feel so threatened by those who disagree with you. 

Now who's babbling?

Blocked.

Sigh.

Originally posted by redcapp
    Boring game IMO.  If I'm going to play an FPS, it might as well be something like CS.  The whole capturing/defending bases, going up against vehicles that your class can't damage, getting run over by teammates thing.. is not what I'm looking for.

Well, theyre definately different types of FPS games.

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412

The facts are this:

If you've never joined an organized outfit, you've only skimmed the surface of the game. The game has a die-hard fan base for this reason and no other game allows you to do what you can do in PS.

Originally posted by tkoreaper

The facts are this:

If you've never joined an organized outfit, you've only skimmed the surface of the game. The game has a die-hard fan base for this reason and no other game allows you to do what you can do in PS.

This doesn't change the fact that all you are doing is flipping the same static bases over and over and over again.  If Smed ever brings in those "sandbox" type open lands with player-built bases he talked about before, then there may be something to write home about.  

However, if you are enjoying this game, more power to ya.  I find it mind-numbing, clunky and slow, personally.  Your opinion may vary.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    This game screams team-based cooperative play.  I realized that the first day I was in beta.  While you can still enjoy yourself if you play solo, you will accomplish much more if you are playing in a group with some buddies and using vent, skype, or any other voice communication service.

The facts are this:

This doesn't change the fact that all you are doing is flipping the same static bases over and over and over again.  If Smed ever brings in those "sandbox" type open lands with player-builr bases he talked about before, then there may be something to write home about.  

However, if you are enjoying this game, more power to ya.  I find it mind-numbing, clunky and slow, personally.  Your opinion may vary.

Honestly, with that kind of narrow-minded view, you're never going to get anything more out of a FPS game based on war. It's a war... the point is to fight over territory until the enemy can no longer fight back. I don't see anything changing that... not even player made bases because even those bases will become the same "static bases" where all you're doing is flipping control.

Where YOU see just that, I see amusement that lasts for hours and it keeps me entertained. It's more than just flipping territory... it's WAR. Having the ability to organize a ton of people in a single outfit and getting stuff done is fun and exciting to me. I am part of a massive outfit and at any point of the day we have AT LEAST 3 platoons going, if not more. Each platoon is different (Air Wing, Armor, Infantry, Rapid Response, ect) and all platoons/squads organize together and communicate to do the impossible. No other game allows you to do this.

The game can only get better and it will really start to flesh out once more continents are created. The original game had 10 continents.

What you are experiencing is a L2P issue... and no, not the excuse elitists say, but the real definition of L2P. Learn to play (have fun in) the game. If you're going to continue to view the game in the same way you are now, you'll never enjoy it.

The facts are this:

This doesn't change the fact that all you are doing is flipping the same static bases over and over and over again.  If Smed ever brings in those "sandbox" type open lands with player-builr bases he talked about before, then there may be something to write home about.  

Honestly, with that kind of narrow-minded view, you're never going to get anything more out of a FPS game based on war. It's a war... the point is to fight over territory until the enemy can no longer fight back. I don't see anything changing that... not even player made bases because even those bases will become the same "static bases" where all you're doing is flipping control.

No they won't because the bases will be destroyable and there will need to be more gameplay dynamics added to allow for construction of the bases.  Hell, defending a base under construction so that it can be finished already sounds more fun than what we have now.  Smed agreees, look it up.

Where YOU see just that, I see amusement that lasts for hours and it keeps me entertained. It's more than just flipping territory... it's WAR. Having the ability to organize a ton of people in a single outfit and getting stuff done is fun and exciting to me. I am part of a massive outfit and at any point of the day we have AT LEAST 3 platoons going, if not more. Each platoon is different (Air Wing, Armor, Infantry, Rapid Response, ect) and all platoons/squads organize together and communicate to do the impossible. No other game allows you to do this.

I'm glad you enjoy it, but personally I think games like BF3 do a much better job of presenting static objectives.  The engines used in those games also feel much more substantial, and they have better physics.  Again, this is my opinion.  Yours may vary.

The game can only get better and it will really start to flesh out once more continents are created. The original game had 10 continents.

What you are experiencing is a L2P issue... and no, not the excuse elitists say, but the real definition of L2P. Learn to play (have fun in) the game. If you're going to continue to view the game in the same way you are now, you'll never enjoy it.

I've played shooters competitively for 15+ years, and I fail to see any complexity that requires substantial learning effort in this game.  I'll keep an eye on it.  I bought it in beta (Alpha Squad), and I'm hoping it developes into something more interesting after about a year of updates.

The facts are this:

No they won't because the bases will be destroyable and there will need to be more gameplay dynamics added to allow for construction of the bases.  Hell, defending a base under construction so that it can be finished already sounds more fun than what we have now.  Smed agreees, look it up.

I'm glad you enjoy it, but personally I think games like BF3 do a much better job of presenting static objectives.  The engines used in those games also feel much more substantial, and they have better physics.  Again, this is my opinion.  Yours may vary.

I've played shooters competitively for 15+ years, and I fail to see any complexity that requires substantial learning effort in this game.  I'll keep an eye on it.  I bought it in beta (Alpha Squad), and I'm hoping it developes into something more interesting after about a year of updates.

You're most likely always going to see better physics and stuff in those smaller games because they are a lot smaller. PS is a whole other monster and takes a lot more to run. You think it's bad now... it'll probably get worse if buildings become destroyable. I have very little game development experience so I may be totally wrong, but I did go to college for game development for a year and something such as that on a scale as massive as planetside is not easy by any means,

• thetimesthetimes Member Posts: 49
    Great game. Who would ever play a 15v15 fps again?

The facts are this:

You're most likely always going to see better physics and stuff in those smaller games because they are a lot smaller. PS is a whole other monster and takes a lot more to run. You think it's bad now... it'll probably get worse if buildings become destroyable. I have very little game development experience so I may be totally wrong, but I did go to college for game development for a year and something such as that on a scale as massive as planetside is not easy by any means,

Don't even bother with that guy. He talks about PS2 being nothing more than a base-flip game, yet he has played FPS games competetively for 15 years. FPS games that were nothing more than "win the round" :P.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

With regards to certs, my biggest problem is with the Nanoweave armor upgrade. Things that provide a numerical advantage over new players I feel is bad for a shooter. The flak armor and shield capacitor are a little less troubling, but I wouldn't complain if all three were done away with. 

I don't think they can be bought with station cash though, so I guess that doesn't really qualify as being pay to win.

Everything else I think is fine. I'm finding the starting guns are in some ways better than what you can get out of the shop with station cash or certs. A lot of people seem to be complaining about trademark empire weapons like the Lasher/chaingun not being as good as they hoped. Others say they work excellent as support weapons, which i'm guessing was the whole point from the start.

Anyways other than my beef with the Nanoweave upgrade and sucking terribly at flying any kind of aircraft, the game seems solid.

Originally posted by Wolfenpride

With regards to certs, my biggest problem is with the Nanoweave armor upgrade. Things that provide a numerical advantage over new players I feel is bad for a shooter. The flak armor and shield capacitor are a little less troubling, but I wouldn't complain if all three were done away with. 

I don't think they can be bought with station cash though, so I guess that doesn't really qualify as being pay to win.

Everything else I think is fine. I'm finding the starting guns are in some ways better than what you can get out of the shop with station cash or certs. A lot of people seem to be complaining about trademark empire weapons like the Lasher/chaingun not being as good as they hoped. Others say they work excellent as support weapons, which i'm guessing was the whole point from the start.

Anyways other than my beef with the Nanoweave upgrade and sucking terribly at flying any kind of aircraft, the game seems solid.

One thing you need to consider is that nanoweave armor is only +25% health at MAX certification which is a lot of points AND how low the TTK is in the game. 25% may seem like a nice chunk, but when you're dying in about 2 seconds already it doesn't do much at all. Certs can't be purchased with money so you are correct there.

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by KnaveSkye
    Am I the only one bothered by all these people complaining about how people are paying to win? Many of the items you can spend money on are sidegrades. I havnt played enough to know if some are unbalanced, but i think you are missing the big picture... People make games to make money.  If no one bought these cash shop items, then the game would shut down...its really that simple. How many years does F2P have to be around before people get this?

Maybe you are young, but when I started playing games you bought the game and that was it. No f2p model. You didn't have to worry if someone wanted to spend hundreds of bucks to get gear faster or become god mode. Most games required you to play before you got to advance.

That is the only peeve I have about f2p. If you do not get this, then you are a new generation that just doesn't know how games used to be.

Originally posted by mikecackle
    Originally posted by stygianapoth

I like all games really, and I was looking forward to a fresh new FPS. But the only way I can describe it... Tribes Ascend.

This pertains to the "f2p" system they have. Sure you can slowly and painstakingly (did I mention slowly?) get your gear and level up to new better armor and weapons. But the reason why games like these have a "pay to not grind" system is because people WILL and DO pay for this.

So now you are matched against people with the best upgrades because they have dispoable income. Personally I do not think this makes a great game.

On a more personal note, I hate team based games. I do not like having to be in a guild/clan whatever to have fun. I do not like teamspeak. I do not like following orders else I be kicked. I do not like snobby leaders that think they are god's best creation.

Besides that, this game has many bugs, crashes, and overall poor game development.

The reason why I got bored within 1 day is because it's the same thing. Defend this base. Attack that base. I mean that is it.

I personally like being a sniper, but you can't snipe aircraft or tanks. If you want to make certs as a free player you MUST go heavy infantry for the rocket launcher.

The other way to make certs is to capture a base. That is boring for me. I want to kill people and snipe them. But it's impossible as an infiltrator. Sure I've had my good runs where I sniped 10 with headshots before I ran out of ammo. But it's subpar compared to the other classes that can make way more bank.

I cannot see myself playing this game much longer unless I feel like a 20-30 minute FPS urge. It's just not worth it when people out there spend hundreds of dollars to upgrade every aspect of their infantry, vehicles, and aircraft, to become more "skilled" than you.

Did I mention sony made the game?

While I agree wiht the game being complete crap and P2W, your reasoning of not playing with a group is imbicilic.
     You don't want to play in a MMO environment in a team game, but you are playing a MMOFPS which was designed to be a team game... You are also on a MMO forum.... Hello earth to Johnny.. Come in Johnny..

I'm sorry you can't deal with others, but there are some amazing guilds out there, that train and compete and have fun in ways that can turn single games off for some people because it is that fun... Ashame you can't experience that because you just join a random spam pug group if idiots... You have to research guilds and not join anything in front of your face

But I get it, you just want all the adrenaline hype with instant action and no training or work... GIMME GIMME GIMME. This game is actually for you, only you have to insert quarters.. So not sure why you are here? Guess ya dont have any quarters

I don't understand the "quarters" reference. But I'll try to respond as simply as I can (if not stated above). I like to do my own thing, not follow someone. And if a single player cannot contribute, then why bother?

I like MMOs, I just don't like the mandatory grouping that so many have ingrained into the system.

Originally posted by jonesing22

On a more personal note, I hate team based games. I do not like having to be in a guild/clan whatever to have fun. I do not like teamspeak. I do not like following orders else I be kicked. I do not like snobby leaders that think they are god's best creation.

I stopped reading here. You're obviously playing the wrong game. I see a lot of other people on here raging and hating this game because they think it's so unorganized. Yeah if you just hop into the closest galaxy and get dropped off at the fight - don't expect organization. I've seen and been part of far more organized assaults in the 3 days this game has been out than the year I played in BF3.

My point was that a single player cannot contribute much, especially an infiltrator.

Am I the only one bothered by all these people complaining about how people are paying to win? Many of the items you can spend money on are sidegrades. I havnt played enough to know if some are unbalanced, but i think you are missing the big picture... People make games to make money.  If no one bought these cash shop items, then the game would shut down...its really that simple. How many years does F2P have to be around before people get this?

Maybe you are young, but when I started playing games you bought the game and that was it. No f2p model. You didn't have to worry if someone wanted to spend hundreds of bucks to get gear faster or become god mode. Most games required you to play before you got to advance.

That is the only peeve I have about f2p. If you do not get this, then you are a new generation that just doesn't know how games used to be.

Those games also didn't have the massive amounts of piracy that they do now. The game is FREE and no money is required at all... even to be competitive! Everything in the game can be earned free of charge and everything that can be purchased early are sidegrades not upgrades. The f2p model has become extremely popular and is the way of the future. Everyone can play which adds tothe populationand there are things people can buy if they like. Planetside 2 is extremely generious when it comes to this model because most, if not all, other f2p games are pay to win.

Originally posted by dariuszp

I like all games really, and I was looking forward to a fresh new FPS. But the only way I can describe it... Tribes Ascend.

You can't compare them in my opinion. Both are shooters. That's it.

Tribes and this game have the same f2p model. Basically the "pay to not grind" model. Most people pay, and unless you want to spend months to get up to speed with them, then it's not worth it.

This pertains to the "f2p" system they have. Sure you can slowly and painstakingly (did I mention slowly?) get your gear and level up to new better armor and weapons. But the reason why games like these have a "pay to not grind" system is because people WILL and DO pay for this.

Yeah, I purshased Alpha Squad (and AFTER I got beta invite !) because I think that developers who made games like P2 should be supported. But I don't understand your problems with F2P systems. I think it's quite good and I'm a person who overall HATE F2P.

Except exp bonus for subscribers (that is unerstable, they pay per month so they should have bonuses) only think you can unlock are additional weapons. And trust me - those weapons are not so great. Everything come with some kind of trade.

High fire rate == low damage and low accuracy

High damage == low fire rate or range

High accuracy == very slow firing rate

High range == pain in the a** while shooting things from far away + slow fire rate or low damage for better fire rate

So having next weapon is not so great since you can score REALLY high with what you have.

Maybe you weren't part of the generation that bought games when they came out? Everyone was on equal terms and you had to unlock stuff via the amount of time you put into it. This is why I cannot support ANY f2p game and will continue to not support them and point out their flaws. I DO NOT like this new way of gaming when it used to be much simpler. This model works great for companies cause they know there are rich people out there who will dump hundreds into the game.

So now you are matched against people with the best upgrades because they have dispoable income. Personally I do not think this makes a great game.

You see, you are wrong. You can unlock weapons but you can't unlock upgrades. And upgrades DO make difference. You can't upgrade armor or anything else. 

All money can do for you in P2 is:

- first place in login queue

- other weapons (not uber weapons, they just different)

- visual style change (new armor, new decals and camo - stuff like that)

That's probably everything. I did well in beta. My kill/death ration was more than 2 and at some point better than 3. Now it's higher than 2. Not because I have new weapon unlocked for money (and it's only thing I unlocked - weapon for heavy assault + 2 weapons for transport vehicle). 

But I have reference. I had problem with cash shop and I did not purchase anything in first 2 days. And in those 2 days I scored more than 300 points for unlockables.

If I would keep this up, I would unlock my weapon in another 4-5 days. But those were only free 2 days I had so I speed things up with money.

So my 300 points went into armor, unlockables for weapon (nightview + forward grip) and some things for my transport vehicle I usually use (others can spawn when I deploy it).

You are saying we can't unlock upgrades or armor. Nuff said.

So ? I'm lone wolf too. No one kick me or anything. Did you EVER played this game ? I'm lone wolf not because I dislike people or something. It's just because my playstyle. I love to sneak in and make a mess while using silencer. I can kill few people and score nice kill streak before they put me down. And I usually park nerby my transport vehicle to go back and do this again.

Just by carefull killing and constanly changing positions I can make a mess. Mess that will allow others to invide because of one or few lone wolfs who keep people in base because they search for us.

No argument here, I do the same.

Besides that, this game has many bugs, crashes, and overall poor game development.

Nope. I had problems with cash shop in first day but after that - no problems. Game don't crash, roon nice even while I have more than 50 people on the screen (once I put my transport vehicle near enemy base and peple just keep spawning and spawning to nerby hill). No bugs, hit points are OK, no falling from maps or other stuff. Game is well made.

I bet other people experienced the flashing "no terrain" bug. I have multiple times. I had some random crashes too but they seemed to have fixed that in the previous hotfix. It's not fun when the game bugs out and I have to restart. You are lucky you haven't experienced such things.

The reason why I got bored within 1 day is because it's the same thing. Defend this base. Attack that base. I mean that is it.

Yeah, it's MMOFPS with perma battlefield. What did you expect ? Player housing ?

Player housing in a FPS? LOL! Dude... get real. There needs to be a win objective, not just constant swining from base to base. You can't even invade the home base without a 10 second warning to get out or die. Do I need to say more? I mean it would certainly make half the population not AFK in their base if we could invade it. And yes there needs to be some reward for being the best faction.

I personally like being a sniper, but you can't snipe aircraft or tanks. If you want to make certs as a free player you MUST go heavy infantry for the rocket launcher.

Yeah right :P Are you trolling or something ? This game is sniper haven. They have cloak. They have high range (limited only by visual range) and serious damage. They can kill you with 1 bullet (headshot required). And on open space it's almost impossible to get close. Only with vehicles. And they can just cloak and move away before you get there.

Do you even read the forums or play infiltrator? Cloaking stands out more than being uncloaked lol (ok a little sarcasm there). Have you tried sniping someone with a head shot at 200m while they are moving? Open space = you die. Snipers are easy to spot especially with the spam 'q' command. Ever try running away while cloaked? That is the biggest complain right now about infiltrators, their cloak is balls. You obviously have no played one if you make such outlandish remarks.

Kill and relocate. Like true sniper. 

Let me know when you play one.

The other way to make certs is to capture a base. That is boring for me. I want to kill people and snipe them. But it's impossible as an infiltrator. Sure I've had my good runs where I sniped 10 with headshots before I ran out of ammo. But it's subpar compared to the other classes that can make way more bank.

Are you kidding ? Only one with ammo is engineer. And he is weak but helps with tanks. Heavy is great because of the shield and heavy machine gun but he have low accuracy compare to other classes. You need control your shoots. Mid range class overall. Easy to kill if you aim for the head and shield is off (and he must turn it on/off). Light is weak in defense but assault rifle is deadly and accurate. And jetpack allow him to move like no one else can. Sniper can move undetected and have great rifle but he require high precission shoots.

In other words I can score high with sniper just by taking good position and killing. I can't count how many times some guys were stuck one next to another near some corner. Cloak and throw granade between them (did that in beta - +10 kills!!!!) or cloak, flank them and snipe them.

Just because you bad does not mean game is bad. Sorry.

I love how you assume I am bad without knowing the other classes roles. You don't get xp just by kills. Engis and medics get points by repairing/healing (did you know that?). Other than that, you're trolling now.

I cannot see myself playing this game much longer unless I feel like a 20-30 minute FPS urge. It's just not worth it when people out there spend hundreds of dollars to upgrade every aspect of their infantry, vehicles, and aircraft, to become more "skilled" than you.

You can't upgrade every aspect. Did you even checked ? You can unlock weapons. Everything else (weapon upgrades, player upgrades, vehicle upgrades) can't be bought by money. And there are no overpowered weapons in the game.

So weapons that do more damage aren't better? And yes you can upgrade by tiers for your armor for instance. 1, 10, 30, 50, 100 certs, etc. You can't just buy one thing and have it fully upgraded, it's a tiered progression, hence people who spend money have the advantage early on without spending 100s of hours to gain certs as a free player.

Sony is a publisher. They didn't MAKE the game. There was studio that made first planetside - they made the game. Also you lack of knowledge make me think you didn't even PLAYED PLANETSIDE 2.

Also I must say that most of things you mentioned are WRONG.

Your grammatical errors make me think you never read a book or can even write. But I am not judging you by that alone because I can tell what you mean. Criticism is one thing, but outright trolling and not coming up with any good points because of the fact YOU PAY kinda diminishes your arguement.

Hope you read this :)

Maybe your problems is that you have no skills ? My friend was killed over and over (around 10 deaths for every kill he score) before he got used to the game.

You must be right though, I am unskilled. Did you not read anything I said above? (btw read above, cause I made a lot of counter-arguments).

I'll respond in kind like you did, check the quote above.

Those games also didn't have the massive amounts of piracy that they do now. The game is FREE and no money is required at all... even to be competitive! Everything in the game can be earned free of charge and everything that can be purchased early are sidegrades not upgrades. The f2p model has become extremely popular and is the way of the future. Everyone can play which adds tothe populationand there are things people can buy if they like. Planetside 2 is extremely generious when it comes to this model because most, if not all, other f2p games are pay to win.

You are not getting it. I'd rather pay 60 bucks that everyone else has to, rather than a f2p game where someone can spend hundreds, thousands, to become better. Does no one else understand?

You are not getting it. I'd rather pay 60 bucks that everyone else has to, rather than a f2p game where someone can spend hundreds, thousands, to become better. Does no one else understand?

What don't I get? You CAN'T buy power in this game... end of discussion. And to be fair I spent 100 dollars and was able to buy EVERY weapon in the game and still have thousands of station cash left. I didn't need all the weapons, but I bought them anyways because I could and I actually WANT to support the game. Take your 60 off the 100 and I only spent 40... something which is what your pay after 3 months of your typical subscription based game. I'd hardly call that a ripoff. 

What don't I get? You CAN'T buy power in this game... end of discussion. And to be fair I spent 100 dollars and was able to buy EVERY weapon in the game and still have thousands of station cash left. I didn't need all the weapons, but I bought them anyways because I could and I actually WANT to support the game. Take your 60 off the 100 and I only spent 40... something which is what your pay after 3 months of your typical subscription based game. I'd hardly call that a ripoff. 

1) i never said it was a ripoff, i just DO NOT SUPPORT IT

2) you spending 100 bucks doesn't mean you spent 40 bucks if i payed 60 bucks, it means you spent 100 bucks. period.

3) there are obvious demands to upgrade whatever class/vehicle/aircraft you play. if you think a 0% upgrade of health is = to 30%, then i don't know what you are trying to say.

overall, there are completely obvious upgrades that are necessary to kill better in this game. if you deny this, then you are not akin to the f2p model.

and yes obviously free players can get the same upgrades, but some players claim to get 200 certs or more a day. the overall point here is players who spend money can have the best upgrades for infantry, vehicle, and aircraft, for ALL CLASSES, and own people with no upgrades based on the situation.

are you not understanding?

money = win

maybe in 2 years everyone will have the same upgrades across all boards. the point of f2p that i do not support is.. exactly that... f2p but you have to spend to be better. what happened to spendig 60 bucks and progressing based on your skill?

that's what i hate about this game.

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by thetimes
    Great game. Who would ever play a 15v15 fps again?

Amen Brother!  :)

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395

Im sorry..but when I read "I hate team based games..." I had to vomit...

1) i never said it was a ripoff, i just DO NOT SUPPORT IT

2) you spending 100 bucks doesn't mean you spent 40 bucks if i payed 60 bucks, it means you spent 100 bucks. period.

how so? If the game weren't f2p you'd be paying 60 like you said. And I'd be paying 60 too... only I've chosen to spend 40 more. The fact is the game is free and you spent nothing. How is a business to make money?

3) there are obvious demands to upgrade whatever class/vehicle/aircraft you play. if you think a 0% upgrade of health is = to 30%, then i don't know what you are trying to say.

Have you even played the game? Vehicle and infantry UPGRADES can't be bought with money... only weapons which are sidegrades. There is nothing in the game that gives you 30% more health... fully CERTED nanoweave gives you 25% and its very expensive to max it out. This is purchased with certs which you CAN'T buy. What I did say is that 25% is not as big as it sounds. You can kill someone in 2 seconds... this gives you an extra half second to live.

overall, there are completely obvious upgrades that are necessary to kill better in this game. if you deny this, then you are not akin to the f2p model.

I do deny it because its obvious you know nothing about the game and there are no direct weapon upgrades. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

and yes obviously free players can get the same upgrades, but some players claim to get 200 certs or more a day. the overall point here is players who spend money can have the best upgrades for infantry, vehicle, and aircraft, for ALL CLASSES, and own people with no upgrades based on the situation.

I assure you that my KD ratio has not gone up due to owning all the weapons. I have simply increased my versatility on the battlefield and gave myself more options to work with.

are you not understanding?

money = win

maybe in 2 years everyone will have the same upgrades across all boards. the point of f2p that i do not support is.. exactly that... f2p but you have to spend to be better. what happened to spendig 60 bucks and progressing based on your skill?

that's what i hate about this game.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SPEND MONEY TO IMPROVE YOUR CHARACTER!

Everyone progesses the same way... weapons aren't progression. Getting a different weapon may do more damage but it will lose rate of fire which in turn allows you to kill at the same speed!

+Power = -Speed

+Accuracy = -Clip size

With every statistical change there is an equal opposite action... the weapons effectiveness remains the same, only the versatility changes.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

You know i love WW2 movies. Seeing the tanks rolling in with troopers coming in behind. Explosions, bullets zipping by, ground shaking, air battles for superiority, artillery, and the cool look of the battlefields. In movies or real life footaeg on a documentary, i just enjoy WW2 fights and the shear strategy used by both sides.

Well today, i was actualy in that fight! It was cool as sh*t. We weer up on a hill, about 12 of us, trying to hold out. 8 tanks, some sundies, and aircraft were just blasting our little base. Then the infantry started moving up. Within the next 15 minutes all hell broke loose. Seeing those infantry running up behind that tank column was a scary sight indeed. Reminded me so much of those WW2 movies.

Minus the haclkers running thru walls and one shot you from 5 miles away with a pistol its was still a glorious feeling.

But its stil just a shooter ;)