Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrible forum moderation at eve online.

alexander78alexander78 Member Posts: 2

SOLVED: I was banned because my brother was banned with his user "Boss Gay", he had trolled the CCP staff and had a lifetime forum ban, so they banned me because we share same ip. I will repetition it after i have activated my account with my creditcard, since i can prove then that we are two different persons.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi

I made an account at eve online after i was invited by my brother. I decided to take part in the forum community to ask questions about the game. I was known as "Capsuleer 872" ingame and i replied in this thread to other player:

http://eve-search.com/thread/175026-1/page/1#12

ME: Can you insure your ship? 

OTHER PLAYER: And yes, you can insure your ships. (It's a sandbox, you're gonna lose a ship one way or another.)

ME: Unless you stay docked.

OTHER PLAYER: And we just found another obvious troll.

ME: What leads you to that conclusion dear?

OTHER PLAYER: Your face.

ME: I didnt get my mothers genes, you cannot blame me for that now can you?

For this thread i replied in i got this email:

SUBJECT:  banned from EVE Forums permanently

Your posting privileges have now been permanently revoked. You have either received numerous warnings or grossly violated the EVE Online forum rules and are no longer able to participate in the EVE forum community.

The EVE Forum Moderator TeamYour posting privileges have now been permanently revoked. You have either received numerous warnings or grossly violated the EVE Online forum rules and are no longer able to participate in the EVE forum community.

The EVE Forum Moderator Team

I didnt get even one warning, nor did i do anything wrong.

I was like wtf??? I have never been banned from any forum in my entire life or even had an infraction! I sent a support ticket about this, still have not received any answers. How can forum moderation be this strict? I don't see i did ANYTHING that would offense the rules. I bet the moderator just didnt like my avatar, but i like to make my avatar look like it was judge your self. Now my question is have anyone else had problems with eve online forums?

Alexander

Comments

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Nothing wrong with your avatar ...

"Removed some off topic posts. Keep it on topic, thank you."

Is the mod quote though, nothing thats left in that thread would lead to even a warning, not even to mention a permanent ban.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Now thats interesting.  I'd be tempted to say there must be more involved, but CCP isn't the company it once was. I spent almost 6 years in EVE, and finally left because I disagreed with the direction the game was headed.  

Their forum mods have been fairly even handed over that time, but I keep hearing rumors that they have become really heavy handed in the last year or two.  But it is a private forum, and if they wish to behave in that fashion, thats entirely up to them. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469

wrong people in wrong places

are everywhere

u fine they nuts

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
    Originally posted by Wraithone

Now thats interesting.  I'd be tempted to say there must be more involved, but CCP isn't the company it once was. I spent almost 6 years in EVE, and finally left because I disagreed with the direction the game was headed.  

Their forum mods have been fairly even handed over that time, but I keep hearing rumors that they have become really heavy handed in the last year or two.  But it is a private forum, and if they wish to behave in that fashion, thats entirely up to them. 

Rumors eh? Thats some new slang for baseless slander these days? :D

TBH there are so many people butthurt Ex eve players i take things with a grain of salt ... 

• alexander78alexander78 Member Posts: 2
    I keep you guys updated, soon as i get answer to my petition i will post screenshots here. Let's see how this goes.
  • smokefinsmokefin Member Posts: 48
    I too got banned from eve online forums for "trolling", i did not see my post as trolling. Cancelled all my 4 accounts there. They had good moderation before, but now the mods are absolutely crazy and ban people from right to left. I did not get any warning either, best avoid eve online forums if you play. Eve is good game but the forums are guarded by crazy power tripping mods, if you look at the different forum sections 20% of all posts are locked on first 4 pages. Tells alot =)

Cool cat

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Another innocent victim.

Benson? Another mint julep please.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430
    if you feel you have been wronged, you can contact customer support. either they made misstake or know more than meets the eye. i have never had issue with moderation, and all my complaints have been resolved favorably.
  • A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Just by looking at your post history, it's pretty clear you are just trolling. Don't get butt hurt if people report you in multiple threads and moderators ban you. You know you were just asking for it. 
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Rocketeer

TBH there are so many people butthurt Ex eve players i take things with a grain of salt ... 

I used the word rumor for a reason... ^^  On the other hand, "baseless slander" has a very specific meaning, and implications reaching beyond mere speculation... 

Perhaps it might be best if we leave it at that?

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Thanks for the post, nail in the coffin for me with Eve, hopefully a new mmo space sim will come out one day,  CCP is a joke.
    Originally posted by Rocketeer

I used the word rumor for a reason... ^^  On the other hand, "baseless slander" has a very specific meaning, and implications reaching beyond mere speculation... 

Perhaps it might be best if we leave it at that?

Personally i think thats a fine line, i used slander because unlike rumor it has a clear negative pov. Though im not a native english speaker, so i'll be more than fine with leaving it as it is. That being said there is nothing wrong with baseless slander, aslong as its entertaining.

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by Drolkin
    Thanks for the post, nail in the coffin for me with Eve, hopefully a new mmo space sim will come out one day,  CCP is a joke.

lol the only mmo that can rival eve online is star citizen and that wont be until 2016 or 2017. perpetume is eve clone but its wack, atleast in my opinion.

Originally posted by Drolkin

Gotta agree with you, i coulda some how played but after i got banned from forums i wount anymore. I hope op cancels his sub too.

Cool cat

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

For some reason it seems one of the players suspected you of not being a new player, but perhaps thought you were really an alt account of your brothers.  (and the forum moderator agreed) As such, they may have banned you thinking "he" was trolling the forums pretending to be a new player.

Your character wasn't an alt character on your brother's account was he? If so, that definitely would have got you banned.

Edit: You should know, CCP has become very protective of new players and take action against those they feel might be harassing them, both in game and in the forums.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

For some reason it seems one of the players suspected you of not being a new player, but perhaps thought you were really an alt account of your brothers.  (and the forum moderator agreed) As such, they may have banned you thinking "he" was trolling the forums pretending to be a new player.

Your character wasn't an alt character on your brother's account was he? If so, that definitely would have got you banned.

Edit: You should know, CCP has become very protective of new players and take action against those they feel might be harassing them, both in game and in the forums.

They seem to become some protective they have started to ban them apparently.

Cool cat

Besides trolling and asshattery IS against most forums rules, we all do it from time to time anyway if the odd mood strikes us ... but rules are rules. If your not ready to deal with the consequences, don't do the deed.

Apart from that Kyleran is maybe spot on, using alts on forums to troll might lead to an perma forum ban for that alt. 

OP Clearly has his own account or would he start petition process from his bros account?

Cool cat

• tinywulftinywulf Member Posts: 106

The game isn't really worth it anyway, far too many scammers in the game.

TBH the forum banning saved you alot of time wasted inside of that  hole.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by smokefin

They seem to become some protective they have started to ban them apparently.

So they're taking inspiration from various governments then?

"We will ban you in order to prevent you from being trolled and / or insulted on our forums. It's for your own good. BTW you owe us money."

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Originally posted by Hokie

Ohh come on people hes trolling you and testing your IQ at the same time. You all have failed at both.

Lets look at the facts.

1. CCP only changes players names to Capsuleer xxx when they have an offensive name.
    2.  If his bother invited him he would have already known the answers to all those questions he asked. I havent played EVE in years yet I still talk it up on how hard core it is, his brother would have done the same.
    3. We all know no matter what game it is no one would have been banned for what he said. we not getting the whole story or its been modified.
    4. CCP in its ban response confirms #3, which is further supported by #1
    5. Hes an "alt" (of his brother). We know that CCP is filled with alts and that the players love making them. This is supported by #2.
    6. Almost everyone who plays EVE has a sadistic and a masocistic streak to them. This is a fact.
    7. Its obvious he was fullfilling a masocistic desire to be punished. Supported by #1 - #6.
    8. Hes not really pissed off about what happened because he actually posted in the EVE specific forum here, and not in the General disscussion forum where it would get more views. Reinforcing #7
    9. This is an alt account on MMORPG.com. Supported by #8 and  #5
    10. He is also trying to fullfill his desire to be punished on here by making a troll thread. This is supported #6 and #7
    People stop being a victim of the forum trolls. Wise up you turkeys.

You are correct, I fell for it (and wasn't aware of rule number 1 above).  Nothing further to see here, as nothing really is as it seems.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by Hokie

Ohh come on people hes trolling you and testing your IQ at the same time. You all have failed at both.

Lets look at the facts.

1. CCP only changes players names to Capsuleer xxx when they have an offensive name.
    2.  If his bother invited him he would have already known the answers to all those questions he asked. I havent played EVE in years yet I still talk it up on how hard core it is, his brother would have done the same.
    3. We all know no matter what game it is no one would have been banned for what he said. we not getting the whole story or its been modified.
    4. CCP in its ban response confirms #3, which is further supported by #1
    5. Hes an "alt" (of his brother). We know that CCP is filled with alts and that the players love making them. This is supported by #2.
    6. Almost everyone who plays EVE has a sadistic and a masocistic streak to them. This is a fact.
    7. Its obvious he was fullfilling a masocistic desire to be punished. Supported by #1 - #6.
    8. Hes not really pissed off about what happened because he actually posted in the EVE specific forum here, and not in the General disscussion forum where it would get more views. Reinforcing #7
    9. This is an alt account on MMORPG.com. Supported by #8 and  #5
    10. He is also trying to fullfill his desire to be punished on here by making a troll thread. This is supported #6 and #7
    People stop being a victim of the forum trolls. Wise up you turkeys.

You are correct, I fell for it (and wasn't aware of rule number 1 above).  Nothing further to see here, as nothing really is as it seems.

Personally it was #6 and #7 that did it for me. image

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by tinywulf

The game isn't really worth it anyway, far too many scammers in the game.

TBH the forum banning saved you alot of time wasted inside of that  hole.

Scammers isn't a problem.

People falling for it have a problem though

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

Oh and set up the account today knowing thte mods are off work, and it will be monday before they come in and clean up the threads. 

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I like how people somehow use someone elses bad forum experience to explain problems with the game itself hahaha,  

Forum moderators are human, as such idots exist amongst them.   Its nothing to do with the game or even the developers and happens in all games.

Wait for the petition reply and stop crying.