Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

05 2013?

Comments

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    05 2013, we may see an american launch as early as thanksgiving time :)
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Love the whole show and look forward to playing ArcheAge.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Onomas
    05 2013, we may see an american launch as early as thanksgiving time :)

We should know more by 12/12 “ArcheAge Media Day”

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Usually West has to wait at least ayear after the Korean release.  So don't get much excited till summer/fall 2014
    Originally posted by Juaks
    Usually West has to wait at least ayear after the Korean release.  So don't get much excited till summer/fall 2014

i dont even know if  05 13 is even a release date. Just thought it was some important new news out of the AA camp that i should post here =-)

And not for nothing but im still worried that we havent seen the other 4 races. Dont even know what to make of that.

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409
    i was excited for this game, watched videos, then noticed where its released at, Then i no longer care about it as youll be lucky to see it in 5 years., looks to be fun, but not something that will hold my interest past 2 months.
  • SinellaSinella Member UncommonPosts: 343
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by Juaks

i dont even know if  05 13 is even a release date. Just thought it was some important new news out of the AA camp that i should post here =-)

From the linked article it seems to me that 05 2013 is the start of the Chinese beta.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Archeage is in a very unique place if it can launch by next year in NA. If it isn't until late or even after 2014 then I see the market drying up fast for it. EQNext and other sandbox style mmos will likely be out in western countries prior to it's release if delayed greatly in translation and distribution. If ArcheAge can release before competition, with a good translation and western friendly cash shop model I can see it getting a very solid playerbase. I almost applaud them for taking so long to develop the game and not rush it out but the NA market is at the beginning of a sandbox resurgence. Not many seem to be of the quality of Archeage but it also has to convince western audiences that it isn't an asian grind house mmo.

This game has some pretty amazing systems but is built on a traditional mmo backbone. I'd hate to see it ruined by pay to win features and endless grind.

You stay sassy!

Originally posted by Tamanous

Archeage is in a very unique place if it can launch by next year in NA. If it isn't until late or even after 2014 then I see the market drying up fast for it. EQNext and other sandbox style mmos will likely be out in western countries prior to it's release if delayed greatly in translation and distribution. If ArcheAge can release before competition, with a good translation and western friendly cash shop model I can see it getting a very solid playerbase. I almost applaud them for taking so long to develop the game and not rush it out but the NA market is at the beginning of a sandbox resurgence. Not many seem to be of the quality of Archeage but it also has to convince western audiences that it isn't an asian grind house mmo.

This game has some pretty amazing systems but is built on a traditional mmo backbone. I'd hate to see it ruined by pay to win features and endless grind.

Perhaps, but archeage does offer a lot of content and features.

Plus i dont mind some grinding. I cant stand getting to max level in these western mmo's in 3 days and then hear everyone cry about how bad the game is. Sometimes grinding helps you get use to your character and skills, and helps you get out and explore.

Grinding in a themepark is bad, i agree. but in a sandbox....... I almost want it.

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

Grinding is a part of every MMO, like it or not. What im experiencing in the past years, is that the wester type of grind seems to be worse and worse after every realease and the asian version of the grind is more tolerable.

Those who are following ArcheAge since a while, know that its pointless to talk about a 2013 western release, simply just accept the fact that the game won't come out sooner than 2014, not even the CBT phase for us...

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

They do not have to convince the western audience of anything. The game world does not revolve around the western player's every fickle whim. The asian market is far greater than that of the western market. AA will do just fine without the western wowbies.

BTW I am a western but I much prefer asian games vs this western garbage weve been spoon fed since 2004.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

Originally posted by toddze

They do not have to convince the western audience of anything. The game world does not revolve around the western player's every fickle whim. The asian market is far greater than that of the western market. AA will do just fine without the western wowbies.

BTW I am a western but I much prefer asian games vs this western garbage weve been spoon fed since 2004.

Ill + 1 this. the western market thinks that games begin and end with them. Seems to be the attitude the west has.

The latest is this f2p vs p2p topic. seems that the western crowd of MMOers not only want everything in game quick fast and in a hurry but now they want if for free to boot. The entitlement crowd. There a very loud bunch lol.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

They do not have to convince the western audience of anything. The game world does not revolve around the western player's every fickle whim.

Well it should. We invented mmo's. We invented the computers that run them. We invented the electrictricity that powers them.

But on the other hand, all the US developers are all afraid to make anything new. Thay all just make bad WOW clones. So let the Koreans have this game.

Originally posted by ghoul31

They do not have to convince the western audience of anything. The game world does not revolve around the western player's every fickle whim.

Well it should. We invented mmo's. We invented the computers that run them. We invented the electrictricity that powers them.

But on the other hand, all the US developers are all afraid to make anything new. Thay all just make bad WOW clones. So let the Koreans have this game.

May have invented most of that, but we also sold it all away for quick cash ;)

Asian mmo developers are finaly doing something that westerners couldnt do....... grow a set of ba**s and stop copying WOW.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• EdelbertEdelbert Member Posts: 67

If ArcheAge can release before competition, with a good translation and western friendly cash shop model I can see it getting a very solid playerbase.

No. If it goes the way of a f2p title with a cash shop based model it will be an instant death just like all the other failures of that origin.

Originally posted by Edelbert

If ArcheAge can release before competition, with a good translation and western friendly cash shop model I can see it getting a very solid playerbase.

No.

No? could you please explain?

"cash shop model". was that what the NO was for?

Originally posted by ghoul31

was the term entitlement crowd used yet in this thread? I think i was =)

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I hope that it's at least 1-2 years before EverQuest Next. I'm sure it will be, but I can't wait for EQNext! This game looks great, too.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Plus i dont mind some grinding. I cant stand getting to max level in these western mmo's in 3 days and then hear everyone cry about how bad the game is. Sometimes grinding helps you get use to your character and skills, and helps you get out and explore.

Grinding in a themepark is bad, i agree. but in a sandbox....... I almost want it.

We have only seen one race. We don't knwo about the others - we don't know if it will be be cookie-cutter starting areas or not. Let us wait and see.

We don't want the hype engine to get too high only to hang the game because it doesn't live up the the unrealistic hype from fans. We have been in that place before.

Originally posted by botrytis

We have only seen one race. We don't knwo about the others - we don't know if it will be be cookie-cutter starting areas or not. Let us wait and see.

We don't want the hype engine to get too high only to hang the game because it doesn't live up the the unrealistic hype from fans. We have been in that place before.

Its goin to get over hyped no mater what.

And weve seen 4/8 races.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

Ill + 1 this. the western market thinks that games begin and end with them. Seems to be the attitude the west has.

The latest is this f2p vs p2p topic. seems that the western crowd of MMOers not only want everything in game quick fast and in a hurry but now they want if for free to boot. The entitlement crowd. There a very loud bunch lol.

Loud perhaps, but as they don't have any financial 'clout' there no reason for MMO developers etc to give them the time of day, let alone listen to their rants, as they have nothing to offer games developers anyway, except mostly, abuse. So why shouldnt games developers tailor make their games to the needs of the players etc, who are willing to pay for it. Should be obvious really. image

• AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85

Ty for the post.......Its appreciated

This game can't come soon enough.............