Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What killed your WOW account?

Comments

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463

I've played all of it except MOP.

However, the pointlessness of the gear-based progression became really apparent in WotLK and Cata and I only played both those expansions for about 2 months each. The gameplay in of itself was not enjoyable enough for me.

Now I only play games which I find inherently fun. Currently TF2, GW2 and Zoo Tycoon 2 (Background game while watching TV ha).

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I never played WoW but I had 3 friends who all quit over MoP (or so they say). The funniest part of it was one of them had paid for a years subscription to get Diablo III and ended up quitting some time in June, and he still has a month or more to go of subscription so he can play a B2P game.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

Well, in Cata:

First my friends slowly left.

Then I stopped caring about raids.

I stopped caring about boring dailies.

I stopped caring about PVP.

I left.

Then I came back 8 months later, to check out LFR. I made a dungeon crawling solo Paladin up to level 60.

I deleted the alt and left permanently afterwards.

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by Enigmatus
    Well, in Cata:First my friends slowly left.Then I stopped caring about raids.I stopped caring about boring dailies.I stopped caring about PVP.I left.Then I came back 8 months later, to check out LFR. I made a dungeon crawling solo Paladin up to level 60.I deleted the alt and left permanently afterwards.

It's basically already at the late-WOTLK or Cata stage.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Played during WOTLK for a couple months. I saw enough.
  • BrueskieBrueskie Member UncommonPosts: 42
    All the crossrealm stuff. My favorite thing about these games is the server communities, especially on PVP servers. Wow really is a lobby game now, no hyperbole.
  • spascospasco Member Posts: 2
    year subscription to Playboy
  • VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246

Sorry I just had to interject with a lol. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria banner around this page:

"BEST EXPANSION YET"...PC World. 

PC World. PC World!!! A company that sells shit, mediocre computers and has virtually no gaming involvement whatsoever. Is that how deep into the barrel they had to scrape to find positive endorsement?! Really?

Traditionally you can always tell how crap a movie is going to be by the quality of the endorsement on the poster. For example if it proudly boasts tabloid newspapers like the Daily Mirror or Heat magazine singing its praises it's a guarantee it's gonna be bad. I think PC World is now the gaming equivalent of that.  

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by docshady

This is obviously for those who no longer subscribe to World of Warcraft, such as myself.

What killed your wow account?  Real life?  Another MMO?

Once Cataclysm hit, I grew tired of the game.  rehashed mobs, recycled instances, a toxic community.  I personally felt I paid 40 bucks for a downgrade.  I dabbled with it for a while but totally lost interest in it when A friend introduced me to Company of Heroes.  It was shortly after I discovered how good that game is that I canceled WOW.

How about you?

the day they released pets and mounts on cash shop . 

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by spasco

haha . good one <3 ^_^

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

pretty much real life to be honest .i ran a guild who was on a RP server and been only semi hardcore(only 2 raids a week) actually got  most of the horde first and a few server first.

i had to leave  during  TBC time to attend to real life and when i returned some  months later the guild had lost most of the people i was close to and fell in a state where it was actually run by a loud mouth teenager who used to be the back up tank for the secondary tank(lol) and in a poor state.

I started to rebuild it ,ironically me and a few guys inherited it as a hurriedly build guild by a  raider from another server who created the guild to try be top dog and could not get it hardcore and quit and we rebuild it then as a semi hardcore raid guild.

But without the friends it was not same and i left only to come back in cata to solo for 2 weeks and quit.

guess mmorpg is only as good as your friends .

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336
    Ingame mechanics that try to dictate my time table and create addiction.

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Pretty much same as OP. After BC the game just went downhill. Really bad development past BC content.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by docshady

This is obviously for those who no longer subscribe to World of Warcraft, such as myself.

What killed your wow account?  Real life?  Another MMO?

Once Cataclysm hit, I grew tired of the game.  rehashed mobs, recycled instances, a toxic community.  I personally felt I paid 40 bucks for a downgrade.  I dabbled with it for a while but totally lost interest in it when A friend introduced me to Company of Heroes.  It was shortly after I discovered how good that game is that I canceled WOW.

How about you?

I quit 3 weeks after I hit 85 in Cata.  I found myself doing more of the same, farming gear to go raid so I can farm gear to do the next content raid.  That style of MMO is so 2004 and I grew as a gamer wanting something more.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by bingbongbros

What killed your WOW account?

Hackers, at least according to my email every other week.

Really? How did that happen? Never happened nor to me or any friends or people I know.

Mah, I guess because I do not click on every mail I get that warns me my account is under investigation and "click here".

Originally posted by cukimunga
    Level 50, I just got bored with the game. 

Always wondered how is this possible. I got bored usually before any maxed out alt, but in swtor, wow, rift, ... i have ALL possible combinations maxed out and was always fun to level and compre them all. Maybe you should try to find another game.

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757

There were a couple different times for me. The first was BC. Making raids smaller, the direction it just went. Was in the top guild on the server, but BC just destroyed it.

Came back later with wotlk. I enjoyed my time for a bit. Found a few friends from the old days and had some fun. Did a lot of different things than before. Even got mount obsessed, went back and did a lot of grinding and got 100 mounts, hehe. Kind of wish I did all that on something other than a rogue though. Really wished they added in housing so I could have all the mounts lounging in the yard.

Eventually quit because of crap like gearscore. Ugh, just hated what people turned into.

Did try it later on,next couple expansions when I got free time or really cheap, but it has been simplified too much for my taste, streamlined, and just not the same. Not bad experiencing some new content, but endgame stuff is just not as fun as before.

• Spartan212Spartan212 Member Posts: 55
    The group finder.  Just made my server community vanish.  I understand it's convienience, but it really ruined grouping for me
    Originally posted by Spartan212
    The group finder.  Just made my server community vanish.  I understand it's convienience, but it really ruined grouping for me

I can agree on that, definitvely have decreased socialiying. But on the other hand, I like to say if somebody want to socialize, should do it far far from keyboard, with real friends.

Also I have been subbed much longer in i.e. wotlk with lfg than would otherwise. Before was 10 hours lfg-ing to play 1 hour, with lfg tool was like playing 10 hours and 1 hour lfg-ing. Amazing. Because of time schedule i could never afford to raiding, despite I play in media 5 hours per day, but in smaller chunks of time. Guilds? Working only if you have real friends in. Otherwise is just for show.

Is lfg bad thing? Not for me, is one of best things ever invented for mmo's. Despite this mean less "socializing".

• RudyRaccoonRudyRaccoon Member UncommonPosts: 475

Two things killed WoW for me, the number 1 problem with WoW is that it has a Toxic community like the OP already stated. The biggest majority who play this game are not normal sane people, they rather give you grief than help you out like a normal person would. F*** Trolls and F*** Jerks.

The other problem with WoW is account hacking, I just so happen to be a victim of this myself. I came back to the game once to recover my account which was banned but because I left it for too long, most of my stuff I had (gold, special items like pets) it was all gone forever since Blizz can't recover stuff past a month. Bull***!!! I swear, I did not get my account details stolen from emails, I'm not that stupid. Then Blizz come out with those stupid Authenticators making logging in more of a choir, give me a f****** break...how is this suppose to make the account safer???

To my guess, since I haven't subcribed to WoW for a long time, it's probably been hacked again by now.

Also I never understood why we needed this Gearscore garage although I've never leveled a character past level 63 to experience this problem.

WoW should have been Warcraft 4, not an ass-ridden online playing Barriens Chat game with the worst account security ever...

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    You level way too fast and because you level way too fast you don't even get to enjoy the experience. Once you reach max level the only real option for pve is to gear grind which I find pretty boring.
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    You level way too fast and because you level way too fast you don't even get to enjoy the experience. Once you reach max level the only real option for pve is to gear grind which I find pretty boring.

Agree on that. Have less problems as I'm altholic and have now 7 lv. 90, 3 lv. 88 and monk 66 ... having a blast with all alts. But leveling is so fast one must skip to many quest chains. Ok, can do at any time, but it is not fun doing quests lv. 85 when you are 90. In this regard I prefer GW2 where level of player is adjusted to questing area.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

gearscore and getting kicked out of dungeons for that killed my wow account.

i am wow-free since WOTLK expansion.

GW2 will keep me busy for at least another year (maybe two).

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by spasco

new content every month......makes me wonder.... :)

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Lack of challenge and no socalising