Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Dev Journal] WildStar: The Ravaging of Arboria

2»

Comments

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Nice story. even If I dont like the art style I will probably give this game a try once it comes out.

• TithenonTithenon Member UncommonPosts: 113

I've sort of been following this game off and on for a while, now, and I have to say that it looks very interesting to me.  Now that I know the developers are actually attempting to put story to game, unlike so many other previous MMORPGs, I will have to pay a bit more attention.  I've been a role-player for 29 years, dice and paper, baby, and I'm always on the lookout for games that concern themselves with story more than looking pretty.

The only warning I have about this game is this, and it comes in the form of a question: the back story is great, but how much of the fallout from the back story will make it into the game?  This is where the problems come in with most games, great back story, no substance.

• desirieldesiriel Member Posts: 98
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Originally posted by psiicat
    I can not help it and those who know me know I hate when people say this but with the pic you have here with those pointy ears and blue hair... cough WoW clone..

The art and bright colors sure made me think that on first impression also.....

And the most damned copy-clone I've seen so far (and God only knows if we haven't seen enough of them). At least graphically. We don't know anything specific yet and Wildstar could be a wonderful game but all news and screenshots are ringing a "Red Alert" alarm in me.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by desiriel
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    I can not help it and those who know me know I hate when people say this but with the pic you have here with those pointy ears and blue hair... cough WoW clone..

The art and bright colors sure made me think that on first impression also.....

And the most damned copy-clone I've seen so far (and God only knows if we haven't seen enough of them). At least graphically. We don't know anything specific yet and Wildstar could be a wonderful game but all news and screenshots are ringing a "Red Alert" alarm in me.

Well, you can also check some gameplay here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiOseZt_dDo

At first glance, it looks like WoW meets SWTOR, with some bits of GW2 thrown in. The devs are trying hard to create a setting and a story, since it's a new IP, of course. As always, we should pay attantion to features that are not announced or emphasized, since that's what usually breaks the game. Good features of the game will always be marketed and hyped, but missing or broken ones will make people quit or hesitate to try the game.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    I quite like the cartoony look of wild star.  I've never really liked the more realistic art style of games, and this seems a step up as far as cartoony graphics goes compared to wow.
  • lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    there is a fault in the lore " humans helping other species"? humans even dont help eachother :P
  • KalstarkKalstark Member Posts: 63

and it starts with a W, for sure a wow clone 

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Not hyped at all about this. I guess the reason is, that this game seems to target a younger audience.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

REALLY looking forward to this game. Hey, if it is a WOW clone then all the better! We have had too many of the "look at me - I am different" lately. It already announced housing (not in WOW) and Paths (also not in WOW) so it will be a WOW clone just as all the other AAA titles released in the last year. LOL. I see Carbine taking a page from Blizzard. Take the best from all the other games and polish it. That is what I am hoping for.

Plus, I just have to have a toon that looks like Sarge!

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    If that picture is anything to go by race at least aren't gender locked.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

NCSoft.....I don't trust 'em.   Let the game make less than they think it should, or be messed up by their intereferance, or  them needing a quick write off on the books, and they might just kill it.  

I certainly intend to never give NCSoft any money again.  Regardless of game quality, you just can't trust them.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    @ Arglebargle

I hope they are not expecting big sub numbers for the game, and as such I think it should go guild wars 2 route with cash shops and all.. If it goes sub and charge $15 a month, it will be in trouble after maybe month 3 because once again most will agree that it isn't worth $15 a month..

One of the problem with the mmo market is that its becoming too crowed for games to stay afloat, but nice for gamers because no sub and more choice..