Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall Unholy Wars: User Interface Presentation

Comments

• Adhesive33Adhesive33 Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Now that looks like a UI my 2560x1440 screen can appreciate. 
  • corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    Originally posted by bingo69
    Hmmm did they remove the  UO style of looting?

looks like they going cookie cutter and mainstream now and dont care about the initial vision anymore. Just steal impressions with some shallow changes and nothing of substance behind it...

yep looting was used to be  a tactical element , i guees now you can press "loot all"...

because there's SO much "depth" to repetitive drag & drop fests

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• KshahdooKshahdoo Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by Kaminaxius
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden Originally posted by bingo69 Hmmm did they remove the  UO style of looting?
    looks like they going cookie cutter and mainstream now and dont care about the initial vision anymore. Just steal impressions with some shallow changes and nothing of substance behind it... yep looting was used to be  a tactical element , i guees now you can press "loot all"...
    yeah cause dragging items from one box to the other involved hardcore tactical knowledge and skill..rofl

Try to loot someone in combat - and you are as good as dead. But there always are some greedy idiots, so yes, it's about tactics.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    They are doing it right this time around, can't wait to try.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    The new UI does look pretty crisp and clean and a big reason why I'm going to give DF:UW a try this time around.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Looks very promising.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Kshahdoo

Originally posted by Kaminaxius

Originally posted by bingo69 Hmmm did they remove the  UO style of looting?
    looks like they going cookie cutter and mainstream now and dont care about the initial vision anymore. Just steal impressions with some shallow changes and nothing of substance behind it... yep looting was used to be  a tactical element , i guees now you can press "loot all"...
    yeah cause dragging items from one box to the other involved hardcore tactical knowledge and skill..rofl

Try to loot someone in combat - and you are as good as dead. But there always are some greedy idiots, so yes, it's about tactics.

And how is that a tactic? imageI guess pulling my pants down before going to the bathroom would also be a tactic?   Looting during combat in any MMO (pve/PvP) is a no-no regardless of the system used.

Anyway, DFs system added nothing and only really impacted the noobs/bads.  If a system can be exploited to get an edge, it will be. 

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Under which rock crowl suddenly so much Edie Zitrons ?  Darkfall had and still has with UW other problems then changing something that was working and almost epic, the drag and drop inventory...

Dunno if you all are aware then now with this inventrory you can see only a partial potion of your bag (limited to 14 items if i am not mistaken)..chew on that ...

About  looting in combat being a no no, the drag and drop helped to expose those who did it. More important i had the freedom to organize my backpacks how i liked them ...no freedom now ..like with everything else less and less and less sand in the box...

i cant believe AV gave in to Zitron working on things irrelevant to gameplay features like graphics, animations and backpacks...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Under which rock crowl suddenly so much Edie Zitrons ?  Darkfall had and still has with UW other problems then changing something that was working and almost epic, the drag and drop inventory...

Dunno if you all are aware then now with this inventrory you can see only a partial potion of your bag (limited to 14 items if i am not mistaken)..chew on that ...

About  looting in combat being a no no, the drag and drop helped to expose those who did it. More important i had the freedom to organize my backpacks how i liked them ...no freedom now ..like with everything else less and less and less sand in the box...

i cant believe AV gave in to Zitron working on things irrelevant to gameplay features like graphics, animations and backpacks...

do you want a game with population or do you want a dead game ala darkfall? alot of people dont like that older type of system BUt i didnt mind it  plus we dont know nothing about it yet drag and drop can still be in

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Looking good.
  • CocophishCocophish Member Posts: 10
    I loved the UO drag drop style inventory system. I'm sorry to see it go. It had it's issues but added a tactile element that did apeal to a fair amount of players. I'm not so much of a fan boi that I can't see the advantage of the change and not give it a chance before raging.
  • MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    At 2:17 in the video you can see an option to "Purchase Boosters" in the bottom left hand part of the UI. There seems to be four (4) stages to these booster. Is this some form of micro transaction or is that an in game gold price?
    Originally posted by Mykell
    At 2:17 in the video you can see an option to "Purchase Boosters" in the bottom left hand part of the UI. There seems to be four (4) stages to these booster. Is this some form of micro transaction or is that an in game gold price?

AV hasn't ruled out cash shops. :(

• LacidiousLacidious Member UncommonPosts: 33
    There is not a cash shop currently implemented  nor will there be one near term.
    Originally posted by Lacidious
    There is not a cash shop currently implemented  nor will there be one near term.

Thus... AV hasnt ruled out a cash shop. image

• LacidiousLacidious Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by Lacidious

Thus... AV hasnt ruled out a cash shop. image

A little tightly wound, aren't ya?  Relax man, it's a game, not real life.  Go out and get some fresh air.

They are making a f2p version for the Asian market. It makes scence that the background work for a cash shop would be build in. It dosn't mean the EU or NA servers will follow that model anytime soon.
    Originally posted by Cocophish
    They are making a f2p version for the Asian market. It makes scence that the background work for a cash shop would be build in. It dosn't mean the EU or NA servers will follow that model anytime soon.

Agreed, but "soon" could be next month or next year.

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282
    I loved the UO drag drop style inventory system. I'm sorry to see it go. It had it's issues but added a tactile element that did apeal to a fair amount of players. I'm not so much of a fan boi that I can't see the advantage of the change and not give it a chance before raging.

I also loved the drag/drop style of looting. Sad to see it go. At least that's what it looks like from the video.

Something that gives DF a good population should be considered. If only so more people try it and learn that full loot pvp is bloody amazing!. Too many people simply will not try it with a sub and full loot.  We have to do something that stems the tide of fail mmos like all the other companies are spewing out.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Hopefully it's never. If they go with a cash shop, I go bye bye. I don't care how great an mmo is, if my sub fee isn't enough to access all content, my money goes into someone else's pocket.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Is it me or does UW look like its tailored for a Console?

"With the Darkfall's sequel launch later this year, Aventurine will have the opportunity to become a successful franchise. The Company also develops casual games for online and mobile use and is in the process of designing a cross-platform (online, console, mobile) social game code-named AV-1.0."

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Mykell

Boosters are the stat titles from DFO and are purchased with player points. Its not microtransactions. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Sweet.

I just can't wait.

This time around it looks like AV have a winner

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Is it me or does UW look like its tailored for a Console?

"With the Darkfall's sequel launch later this year, Aventurine will have the opportunity to become a successful franchise. The Company also develops casual games for online and mobile use and is in the process of designing a cross-platform (online, console, mobile) social game code-named AV-1.0."

Yep, watching the vid that was my first impression as well.

Oh and yeah, I like UO style looting and would like to see it stay. Meaning it saddens me seeing DF go away from certain roots.

Surely for people who want instant loot, a script could be coded ingame - to avoid unfair advantages and requirement for scripting knowledge (and that is not just for looting but skills as well).