Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your PC game of the year (If you had to vote today)?

Comments

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Other: The Secret World without any close runner-up.

REALITY CHECK

• MisatoTremorMisatoTremor Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Other: The Secret World

Misato - TankDoc for Life
  • BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Diablo III has definitely given me more entertainment than any other PC game this year. Guild Wars 2 was the runner-up - I have gotten a lot of fun from it, and it could have challenged for the title if it wasn't released so buggy, and if they had moved the game in a positive direction post-release (like D3 did) instead of a negative one.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    Originally posted by fenistil
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    You left out The Witcher 2 Assasin Of Kings.

It's great game and I say if someone did not play it yet - then it should, but The Witcher 2 was released in 2011 and OP lists 2012 games onlu I think.

Lol i thought it was 2012 may, damn time is moving fast.

Yeah, and as you get older it keep moving faster and faster :)   

The Witcher 2 released in 2011 for PC and then again as Enchanced Edition in 2012 for both PC and Xbox.  Maybe that's why :)

Of course holders of first W2 release could patch to EE for free. Great thing, conisering many other companies would just do paid DLC from it.

@few post up

Dark Souls. Yeah this one also.  Hope next Dark Souls game will have much better PC port though.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Really enjoying Natural Selection 2!
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Changed my mind now I'm in an outfit

Planetside 2
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Had to go with Borderlands 2. I finished my first playthrough over the holiday, and I'm having a hard time walking away and starting any of the other games on my bucket list.

Farmed the Warrior for 2 days, just because I could. image

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I'd say planetside 2 - Not because i think It's that amazing, or better then other games

But because it Took risk doing something that others have been incapable or to afraid of doing.

I'd vote firefall instead, but thats not out yet, i don't think beta counts.,

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    Its hard for a lot of people to vote clearly, as a game they are playing right now is going to feel 'amazing'.  It's hard for me to choose. ME3 is way up there.  Xcom is pretty amazing.  Was BF3 this year? I can't recall.
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I'd have to go with Dishonored at this point.

Borderlands 2 has really started dragging for me, as TVHM is one of the most tedious and frustrating things I've ever experienced (enemies have way too much HP) and I'm frankly regretting buying the season pass at this point since I've pretty much set the game down out of frustration and disgust.

X-Com, while good, is a game I just can't get motivated to play. I don't know why, but I put about 9 hours into it and haven't picked it up since. I'll probably get into it at some point but right now I don't have enough experience with the game to make it my GOTY.

Dishonored is well polished and fun, with lots to explore and do. Fun powers, fantastic aesthetics, lore-rich and interesting setting, top notch level design, etc. My first playthrough clocked in at 27 hours and I didn't even find / see / do everything which was possible. My only complaint is that you don't get to visit much of Dunwall overall, which sucks because the setting really is very interesting. I'd love to see this setting revisited, perhaps in a more open fashion.

So yeah. Dishonored it is for me. Hands down. Unless Gearbox nerfs enemy HP in BL2 TVHM, then I'll reconsider it.

Edit: For online game, I'm going with Hawken. Fantastic and surprisingly atmospheric mech shooter which IMO blows MWO clean out of the water in terms of proper mech 'feel' (much stompier and more powerful feeling, despite being a good deal smaller). Plus they're using their own IP (so no restrictions) and seem to be doing a hell of a lot more with it (graphic novels, live action film, etc.). Very glad I got my MWO founder's package refunded (although BIG props to Pirahna for refunding it with no real hassle).

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Planetside 2 ,even tho theres grazy  Dishonored,Botanicula,Mark of the ninja etc,but still when those games are dead im still playing PS 2 ,it seems right now.

COTY (cash shop of the year) : SWTOR ,it shows why subscription model is brilliant.

Let's internet

• ConsequenceConsequence Member UncommonPosts: 358

Tought call. I would go with Xcom on that list. 

Path of Exile is about to go into Open Beta, and I think that will be a huge game. But, I guess the official release may be in 2013. No idea how that is counted. 

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Hitman Absolution - was long overdue
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Mass Effect 3. It is an amazing game and story!
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Forum:
    I don't think planetside vs swtor shows f2p is better than sub. I would quite happily sub planetside.

It shows bioware forgot the MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER part of mmorpg.

Incidently how cool would a planetside like starwars game be. Instead of continents you could have planets, one could be hoth, and instead of tanks and fighters you had atats and snow speeders.
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    ME3 because Im a fan. TSW is second place. Amazing game
  • DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

From what ive played so far. Not counting AC3, Hitman, or FC3. Borderlands 2 would get my GOTY

For mmos TSW would egt it.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Xsyon..Hands down the only true MMO out today.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Dishonored, I had a lot of fun, loved the art design, enjoyed the setting.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    GW2 for me.  I have played that game more than any other this year.
  • lqw6843128lqw6843128 Member UncommonPosts: 40

The Walking Dead (but it's not quite like a game)

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Gonna have to be the oddball out here and say the Lotro expansion Riders of Rohan.  Best expansion I've played in years, still has me logging in weeks after hitting cap and has reinvigorated my love for LOTRO yet again.  All the rest on the list I played and finished in about 2 to 4 weeks and just haven't felt the urge to play again.  Seems most games and expansions lately in the genre tend to do that to me.  I crave the days of Legend of Zeldas, FF7s, Dr. Mario, Phantasy Star 2 for Sega, Kingdom Hearts and so forth.  Games that blew me away and still sit with me today in nostalgic beauty.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    the secret world and a very close second gw2..oh dear i forgot riders of rohan as well..lets say i cant choose between RoR and TSW..with gw2 in 3rd..love the mounted combat in lotro and the story and investigative missions in TSW
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Have to vote for what I have had the most fun with.  Mass Effect 3. I was one of the rare people who liked the original ending, but when the patch was released the new ending made me skip.......Ok! But in a manly way, like Rockey! Alright? Anyway apart from the fact the game itself is awsome, just all the controversy, the amazing discusions, the outrage, the unprecidented fan pressure for a more rounded ending. For me, and in the very real Highlander sense of the expression......There can be only one.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

For MMOs, Planetside 2

For regular games... probably Dark Souls. It really is just a breath of fresh air. My god.