Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a large body of testers working on this game?

odienmanodienman Member UncommonPosts: 61

Or is release going to be the first times its released to a large player base?  I've heard mostly not which I have a hard time believing.  

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    They prefer to let the paying customer base do most of the real testing

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Originally posted by Kyleran

^ This....

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by odienman

Or is release going to be the first times its released to a large player base?  I've heard mostly not which I have a hard time believing.  

same game same server structure just redone It should be fien but iw ould hope they would do a stress test just to make sure

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    it wont be like the first launch that is for certain
  • JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

aparently someone (kokane?) posted screenshot which had UW beta forums in it and got banned, other people reposting pic got banned so I never actually saw it myself. could be a troll, but seems like there is a beta going on but it kind of must be very small since no one is talking about it.

some of us recon the upcoming release will be a staged release, sort of like an early acess for pre-orders except that it will be for existing DF players and mean some stress testing without putting off lots of new players with server crashes and such.

its theory craft but would kind of make sense. either way I dont predict a solid release, possibly worse than DF1's release even though they said they learn from past mistakes.

My blog: image

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Kyleran

hehe this

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

This came up on occasion with the original Darkfall game prior to release. 

Where was the beta test? 

Aventurine claimed they had some sort of system that used a large number of advanced bots to test the game.  As you can imagine this didn't go over very well with the player base.  Everyone just thought it was a big joke. 

Perhaps the advanced bots are at it again ....

~Hairysun

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

Its good and bad.

Bad because of the obvious gazillion bugs and glitches not yet reported. Good because all the exploiters will be at even ground with the rest of us for a time atleast.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by Hairysun

This came up on occasion with the original Darkfall game prior to release. 

Where was the beta test? 

Aventurine claimed they had some sort of system that used a large number of advanced bots to test the game.  As you can imagine this didn't go over very well with the player base.  Everyone just thought it was a big joke. 

Perhaps the advanced bots are at it again ....

~Hairysun

DF 1 had a beta and it was pretty big yes. A very populated world and people bound to chaos stones around the world

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by naljeja

I'm certain you're talking out your backside. 

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by naljeja

Based on what?

Optional PvP = No PvP

Unholy Wars NA/Euro will be the beta for the future Asian release. 

• odienmanodienman Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Hmmm, I didn't get a chance to play DF1 but I heard it was pretty piss poor at the start.  I also am itching to play, not sure if I should wait a few weeks.  
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Hmmm, I didn't get a chance to play DF1 but I heard it was pretty piss poor at the start.  I also am itching to play, not sure if I should wait a few weeks.  

They haven't started to sell it to the general public yet and likely won't until the oringial supporters, those who bought DFO, get a chance to play first. As someone already stated, its a staged release to prevent the kind of mess that DFO expereience. The primary reason why DFO was such a crappy launch is that AV simply didn't have the resouces to support the number of people trying to play the game. IF they mass marketed the game, the same issue would happen. They only have two server that can only support 10k concurrent users. That means, each servers total population can only be around 15k-25k total (not everyone plays at the same time). 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

Originally posted by xpiher

They haven't started to sell it to the general public yet and likely won't until the oringial supporters, those who bought DFO, get a chance to play first. As someone already stated, its a staged release to prevent the kind of mess that DFO expereience. The primary reason why DFO was such a crappy launch is that AV simply didn't have the resouces to support the number of people trying to play the game. IF they mass marketed the game, the same issue would happen. They only have two server that can only support 10k concurrent users. That means, each servers total population can only be around 15k-25k total (not everyone plays at the same time). 

Yet DFO was also a staggered release and have they lowered their ideal server population?  Most MMO shoot for 5x and AV has said the same. 

Originally posted by Hancakes

Yet DFO was also a staggered release and have they lowered their ideal server population?  Most MMO shoot for 5x and AV has said the same. 

its 10k per server concurrent

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    nvm, wrong topic..

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by Raxeon

No kidding image I'm talking total server population, which AV has said was 50000. (Ideally)  Not the 15-25k in which I was replying to.  Server population is different than its max connection support, but thanks for your input. image

• wreatchwreatch Member UncommonPosts: 54

Unholy Wars NA/Euro will be the beta for the future Asian release. 

This is likely truth.

Do not go into the light

Originally posted by Raxeon

No kidding image I'm talking total server population, which AV has said was 50000. (Ideally)  Not the 15-25k in which I was replying to.  Server population is different than its max connection support, but thanks for your input. image

miss understood you then

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

I know what the ideal is. The issue is that there is only 2 servers per region. Assuming everyone goes to the server their region is located at, the total server capacity is going to be lower because the time zone spread is lower. Hopefully, 50k number is possible. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• odienmanodienman Member UncommonPosts: 61

I know what the ideal is. The issue is that there is only 2 servers per region. Assuming everyone goes to the server their region is located at, the total server capacity is going to be lower because the time zone spread is lower. Hopefully, 50k number is possible. 

This means thats it will be a pretty tight knit community with everyone knowing who is who, can't wait.

Correction, there are only TWO servers for a global player base.  Its not like only North Americans play on NA or only Europens on the other.