Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Planet Side 2 the MMO with the best graphics?

funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279

Huge world and awsome graphics. And I cant believe it is free to play. You don't even have to purchase the game. Just download it and play lol.

So, do you think Planet Side 2 has the best graphics out of all mmo's? And why do other mmo games(SWTOR Ilum) fail at huge, non-instanced, open world, epic pvp battles like what PS2 has?

Comments

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    PS2 is an MMO? Huh.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    i think Tera has the best graphic atm, better than PS2 but PS2 runs nice with hundrets of players around you and bullets flying everywhere
  • funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by grimgryphon
    PS2 is an MMO? Huh.

Yup. Because there are Massive Multiplayers Online. But it might be an MMOFPS. Still though, why cant the MMORPG's take note of this game and make open world pvp like this? And graphics look amazing too.

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by torborg
    PS2 is an MMO? Huh.

Yup. Because there are Massive Multiplayers Online. But it might be an MMOFPS. Still though, why cant the MMORPG's take note of this game and make open world pvp like this? And graphics look amazing too.

Do you think its worth the download in terms of gameplay? It's been taunting me on the Steam front page for a couple days now and I just haven't had time to pay attention.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I think the lighting and particle effects are especially good. But the polygon count, on everything; environment, vehicles and avatars, and the textures are pretty terrible. Animations are terrible as well. But because I can see people from so far away and hundreds of players on screen at once, it's understandable. (Yes, I do play the game in max settings)

It's definately not the MMO with the best graphics, it's not even close. But it can be an exhilarating game.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

PS2 is nowhere near to the best graphics but it does look good.

Also, i have no idea how many people does it support online so i dont know if its really an MMO (massively Multiplayer online).

Even MAG (Massive Action Game) for the PS3 isnt an mmo because only supports a maximum of 256 people online at the same time.

i would personally call PS2 an mmo if its able to handle at least 500+ people per server.

why cant the MMORPG's take note of this game and make open world pvp like this? 

that would be very very good

PS2 is an MMO? Huh.

Do you think its worth the download in terms of gameplay? It's been taunting me on the Steam front page for a couple days now and I just haven't had time to pay attention.

If you're looking for an MMORPG, its not one. It is an MMOFPS and yeah its free. Download it and try it out.  But its not like WoW where you can just chill and hang out in an inn. This is instant action lol. Its pretty cool. But not something I would play for hours and hours every day. Its got 3 continents with different terrain in case you get bored of the snow or desert.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    PS2 is an MMO? Huh.

If you want CoD or Battlefield 3 gameplay ramped up to a massive amount of people over much much much bigger battlegrounds and are ready for some serious and challenging all out warfare.. then you should get it installed. You can have some massive, long and impressive battles in this game.

Every single time I've played it, I played it for a lot longer than I had planned. Couldn't help myself.

Watch the official tutorial videos on youtube first though. Sticking it on the first time without seeing them can be very overwhelming for some people.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Originally posted by rojo6934

Also, i have no idea how many people does it support online so i dont know if its really an MMO (massively Multiplayer online).

Even MAG (Massive Action Game) for the PS3 isnt an mmo because only supports a maximum of 256 people online at the same time.

i would personally call PS2 an mmo if its able to handle at least 500+ people per server.

It supports 2000 people on a continent. And each continent is all one map, no instances. 

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Not bad, but not even close to best.
    Originally posted by madazz
    Originally posted by rojo6934

It supports 2000 people on a continent. And each continent is all one map, no instances. 

thanks for the information. In that case, yes, id call it an mmo

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    There is no way PS2 has the best graphics, best example is to look at the face models. they are horrible. 

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

Originally posted by Rayshe
    There is no way PS2 has the best graphics, best example is to look at the face models. they are horrible. 

I think the game world looks amazing. With all the huge structures and lighting and all that stuff. When the sun comes up and you're looking in its direction, you cant see anything. Its like real life.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Best game graphic wise in NA is TERA obviously, if you look at animations, character models and polygon count.

However theres a few in developement/released in Korea that are better than TERA.

Also PS2 isnt an MMO, and even if it was, TERA has it beat.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It is a mmo

It's just not a rpg

Kinda the otherway around to most recent so called "mmo"rpgs
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Rojo.
    It supports 6000 per server
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Sigh .. i kind of like the game.

However, the devs really needs to optimize the graphics engine. It is doing horrible frame rates even on decent machines (just go to their tech forums, and you will see the complaints).

I am still playing though .. the game is fun .. but it is really frustrating when enemies in my site "teleport" around because of lag and low framerates.

The graphics is no better than any console sci-fi shooters. However, that is not its strong points. ITs strong point is big battle with vehicles (allowing multiple players manning the vehicle) and territory control. It also let you teleport around so you are not stuck with walking endlessly in a big zone.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Ill give in to say that it has a pretty world, but i really dont think it has the best graphics. World graphics aren't everything, you need a balance. As i said above the player models are horrible, Also the Terrain itself is pretty bland. I did a tour in a airship to get a good look at the world, while it is pretty there is nothing really Special about it to make it stand out. Ill use Oblivion as a example. The world in Oblivion was beautiful, no debate there, but it was boring. PS2's landscape is the same, pretty but boring. Honestly i would put GW2 graphics above it.

Though i will admit that PS2 probubly has the best textures ive seen in a MMO barring the player models.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Great game if you get a kick out of being run over by your own tanks every 15 seconds.
  • CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378

Tera is good but only if you haven't played The Secret World maxed which currently wipes the floor with any other MMO.  Those gfx come at a cost of a eefy PC though.

Planet is the best of MMOFPS's though?

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

It seems pretty buggy still, I had to hard shut down the game 2 times already and only played maybe 2 hours. Going through the portal thing to get upstairs the graphics bugged out and I could see through the ground but couldnt move and was stuck. Also if you don't kick in money its gonna take you awhile to get anywhere in that game. I got to level 6 in 2 hours but not even close to having anything unlocked yet. If you drop money on it you can unlock alot of stuff. 

I personaly like BF3 alot better. Not a fan of the sci fi shooter games, also not a fan of F2P games.

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Definitely best mmofps with awesome graphic
  • zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    PS2 is an MMO? Huh.

Yes you know-MMO is Massively Multiplayer Online. I give you this information for free, if you don't believe just use google

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    have to say this game looks atonishingly good and runs really smooth on my pc.only problem i have is staying alive..i had to laugh i created my char,thought right,someone is going to get a can of whoopass,yeah me..i was dead 10 times in 5 mins rofl..its insane and so fast that i dont know wether or not an old timer like me will be able to keep up.