Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I shared my opinion and broke the rules. WTF!!

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

Glad botrytis is the last person left defending GW2 and this company management is getting the heat it deserves.

I was banned twice and i've had a topic locked/deleted under "trolling" when it was about 2000 words and provided suggestions to make WvW better.

Is their WvW so good that me stating it has an un-countable number of flaws considered trolling to them? Can they not fathom that their game has problems?

What I was trying to point out - their forum, their rules. Don't want to follow them, get banned. It is pretty easy really.

Originally posted by biggarfoot

I was infractured for the post below and they swiftly deleted it.  This is what Anet has come to?  give an opinion whether I was correct in that opinion/thought doesnt really matter.  What really is annoying though is that they have threads on the first page that are probably a lot more provoking than what I created.  The Moderator note is even more laughable from my perspective.

Forum Moderator

This is an automated message. Your post in Original team not running this game anymore?was infracted.

Your original post in Original team not running this game anymore?:

I sat down and had some real thinking about recent events both ingame and in the forums. The severe lack of communication from both Colin and Brian and the recent sale of shares to Nexon in NCsoft. Nobody from Arenanet seems interested to put to bed players fears about hot subjects in the forums.

Would you think I’d be right in thinking then that Guild wars 2 is no longer controlled by the same people who brought us this game? Have Colin and Brian and their team been given a new project to work on, and that the game is now under the influence of someone from Nexon or some other body that has their own ideas and what they want to do with this game?

No need for tin foil hats on this one, just a general feel I have about this game now, and feel its going to go in a different direction that I was sold on, well it already has imo.

Moderator Notes:

Threads of this type are against our forum Code of Conduct. Please refrain from making such threads, as it does not assist members with support issues and concerns.

• The topic was moved.

If you believe you have received this infraction in error or wish to make an appeal, please send an e-mail to [email protected].

EDIT: To be clear this was from the official Guildwars 2 forum not from other fan sites or MMORPG.com.

You named staff in your post - what did you expect would happen? People know who you are talking about - give it a rest.

You are not a martyr - you wanted to push buttins.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Randayn

I can't believe there are still people out there prepared to defend ANet.Sure it's their forums, and sure there are rules, but good people break bad rules everyday.  The actual topic is much more important than the breaking of some arbitrary rule on a forum.As for OP...sucks man...but nothing will come of the frustration gamers have with this game and company unless they fully ban the game and company.  Otherwise, it's business as usual.

Your mistake is in not realizing that those who run the site get to decide what is a good or bad rule and what the consequences will be for those who break them. Have to learn to such it up when the hammer falls or just spend your time elsewhere.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by NBlitz
    Originally posted by Omnifish

Whats more tragic is the idea that you bought the marketing spiel from these people and are now disapointed with the end product so....somehow those people aren't running the game anymore? Someone got rid of them and their prue and noble ideas were corrupted? Or, honestly, are you just a victom of overhype and it's just too hard to believe these people promised something that didn't fufil your wildest expectations?

I'll give you something, thats a whole new spin on the GW2 deluded fanboy defense. 

Reminds me of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

Denial stage?

Well lets hope those who are disapointed can, 'accept', the game for what it is and hold those responsible to account. Who knows, maybe in the future, the inital diagnosis might be wrong...:P

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    You called out specific developers and didn't expect your topic to be locked? Are you really that naive? 
  • rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426
    Originally posted by LacedOpium

What a bunch of hogwash.  Try typing "Nexon" in Urban Dictionary and see how many "Nexon is a great company" results you get.  I'll save you the trouble.  None.  They are just like, if not worse than EA.  They are going to ruin the MMORPG industry with their P2W cash shops, treadmills, and their overall greed. Mark my words.  

What a bunch of hogwash. try typing "anything" in Urban dictionary and see how many "words match their meanings" and doesnt have some idiot tying in "derp durp" with the results you get.

Example, MMORPG page 5 "Otherwise known as nerds who need to get a life OUTSIDE of their computer rooms.
    Often have trouble with women."

OMG, its on urban dictionary so it must be true!

But I do thank you for providing an actual example of something they did which should be easy if they are remotely close to EA...come on...one example...you can do it little nicky.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Oh looky....another Meme of the Month thread about GW2.

Just like on all the other threads complaining about posting things that are against their policies:  It's their forum, their rules.  If you break the rules on their forums, then you have to suffer the consequences.  While you or anyone else may not like those rules or punishments, or think they are unfair, their rules are their rules.

Here's an idea:  All of you who seem to have such a hard time using those forums within their rules, make up your own forum so you can complain and speculate about every little negative thing about the game or ArenaNet.  Oh, wait, that's why you come here....

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    I guess one time purchases has a worse service than those surviving on a month to month payment plan. They already have your money. Lesson learned?
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by rdrakken

What a bunch of hogwash.  Try typing "Nexon" in Urban Dictionary and see how many "Nexon is a great company" results you get.  I'll save you the trouble.  None.  They are just like, if not worse than EA.  They are going to ruin the MMORPG industry with their P2W cash shops, treadmills, and their overall greed. Mark my words.  

What a bunch of hogwash. try typing "anything" in Urban dictionary and see how many "words match their meanings" and doesnt have some idiot tying in "derp durp" with the results you get.

Example, MMORPG page 5 "Otherwise known as nerds who need to get a life OUTSIDE of their computer rooms.
    Often have trouble with women."

OMG, its on urban dictionary so it must be true!

But I do thank you for providing an actual example of something they did which should be easy if they are remotely close to EA...come on...one example...you can do it little nicky.

*laughs*

Relax dude.  Your fanboism is disturbing.  Since that lil tidbit of reference wasn't good enough for you, how about a few Trustlink reviews?  Here I'll even provide you with the link ...

http://trustlink.org/Reviews/Nexon-America-Inc-205961941?nxid=15

If thats not good enough, how about a few reviews from Nexon's own employees.  Do you think they might know a bit more than you about the Nexon?  Here you go ...

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Nexon-Reviews-E143099.htm

Would you like more?  We can do this all day if you want.

Let me give you a bit of advice, rookie.  Before coming on a forum proclaiming things you know nothing about, you would be well advised doing a bit of research before hand. 

*laughs some more*

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Didn't Nexon only buy like 15% of NCSoft?  They'd need a lot more to change the way business is run there.

If the lead devs aren't working on GW2 it's probably because they are working on a new project for ANet.

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Roxtarr

Am I the only one who things that the OP's post was just a 'clever' way to say that "Nexon took over and the game sucks now?"

sucks now?? It sucked when it was released and hasent gotten any better. Only reason why i got GW1 aws cuz i won a beta key back in the day and got a free copy for the copetition i took part in for it. Played it for a total of 1 month adn i have no idea where it is now....was a horrible game then and left a bad taste in my mouth...that is why i do not support Anet. They are the next Fun Com

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    The sad part is people get flagged for even dumber crap on this site. It all comes down to how bias the particular mod viewing you is.
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    The sad part is people get flagged for even dumber crap on this site. It all comes down to how bias the particular mod viewing you is.

Specially towards the ones who blog here, since their articles brings in visitors. I've personally whitnessed it more than once. If you are a blogger here you are golden

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Am I the only one who things that the OP's post was just a 'clever' way to say that "Nexon took over and the game sucks now?"

I'm confused.  Are we getting Nexon and NCSoft confused?  So far as I've ever known, NCSoft is in this venture with ArenaNet, not Nexon.  Has that changed???

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by just1opinion

I'm confused.  Are we getting Nexon and NCSoft confused?  So far as I've ever known, NCSoft is in this venture with ArenaNet, not Nexon.  Has that changed???

Nexon purchased about 15% of NCSoft's stock during the summer so some folks feel they are now calling the shots for GW2 and other titles managed  by NC.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Back in June 8 of this year, Nexon bought $685 million in shares of NCsoft (I beleive that number is right) and they are now the largest shareholder in the company. ArenaNet has an agreement giving them certain control over the Guild Wars franchise because the technology used to  code GW is patented by the developers themselves, not Arenanet and therefore not NCsoft.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by eyelolled

Back in June 8 of this year, Nexon bought $685 million in shares of NCsoft (I beleive that number is right) and they are now the largest shareholder in the company. ArenaNet has an agreement giving them certain control over the Guild Wars franchise because the technology used to  code GW is patented by the developers themselves, not Arenanet and therefore not NCsoft.

Can you show where they have control? I would like to read that.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    In what section of the forums did you post it?

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Nexon purchased about 15% of NCSoft's stock during the summer so some folks feel they are now calling the shots for GW2 and other titles managed  by NC.

15% sounds insignificant to those of us who just understand the basic math of what 15% means, but AFAIK, that's actually pretty substantial, when it comes to shareholding and that sort of thing.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  This isn't the sort of thing I usually pay any attention to.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

The idea is Nexon and NCSoft are trying to aquire Valve - then that will be the joint venture  That was in Sept. now Valve said it was not true.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/27/report-nexon-and-ncsoft-trying-to-acquire-valve

http://venturebeat.com/2012/09/26/will-asian-online-game-publishers-nexon-and-ncsoft-buy-blockbuster-publisher-valve/

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/nexon-acquires-14-7-minority-interest-ncsoft/

It sounds like Valve is more interested in tGW2 technology rather than control. at 14.7% there is not alot they can do.

Also they bought the shares from the CEO - http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun/08/entertainment/la-et-ct-nexon-pays-687-million-for-14-percent-of-ncsoft-20120608

Looks like they want to do joint ventures - http://www.thisisgame.com/en/2012/11/02/mabinogi-2-is-the-first-joint-project-for-nexon-and-ncsoft  share the risk.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Can you show where they have control? I would like to read that.

I knew you were going to ask me that.  I remember reading it when they were talking about how they can update the servers while they are running, rather than have "patch tuesdays" where everything is taken down.  Someone had posted a link here but that was prerelease, and I would have to dig to find it.  Maybe some kind soul might know it, or be able to find it easier than me....

EDIT: I can only find the link to the patent http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2012/0058827.html but not to the thread where they were discussing the ownership of the patents, and the liberties resulting from it.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Tawn47
    I think the MMORPG moderators should start shutting down the often repeated threads like this by people who clearly cannot read forum rules.   Did you honestly think you could write that stuff referring to particular members of staff and think it was a perfectly reasonable and acceptable post? 

Welcome to MMORPG.com, where the norm is to come in here and whine when you get shut down on other sites. For the record, I rarely use the GW2 site because I know they are heavy handed with their moderation so the few times I have posted I have made sure to stay in the ROC. It is not limited to GW2 either, I have seen people have these experiences when going to sites dedicated to one game. I have given my share of negative feedback on their site going back to beta testing and have yet to get an infraction. I can promise you that if I do, I won't go stand on a soapbox in another forum and shout my injustice to anyone who will listen.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

Pretty standard stuff - mods were cracking down on anything they perceived as a complaint prior to Lost Shores. Lost Shores was such a total pooch screw the mods had to allow ppl to vent for awhile so for a week or so we saw a lot of complaints in the forums, but many of these (including the massive merged one) are now deleted and its back to business as usual.

I suspect the nexon ppl have issued strict directives to nuke any threads calling them out in any fashion - this is where the game is headed now. I expect things to get worse before they get better - but then again a lot of players are leaving over the gear treadmill issue (true perception or not - ppl feel deceived) so perhaps only fanbois will be left in the near future in which case the GW2 forums will come to resemble The Secret World forums - nothing but love and praise.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863
    For the OP, conspiracy threads aren't allowed. Plain and simple.

For most infractions, however, it's the result of outsourcing their moderation to non-English-speaking countries. You can see a lot of awkward wording if you look for it, in particular the repeated "We proceed now to lock the thread."

They have a lot of trouble understanding the context of posts. Generally, if you quote someone, they assume you're being aggressive. If your post contains even a simple "I disagree," you could get an infraction. The thing is, their moderation is also inconsistent, so you pretty much take your chances every time you address another user in any way.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426

Would you like more?  We can do this all day if you want.

Let me give you a bit of advice, rookie.  Before coming on a forum proclaiming things you know nothing about, you would be well advised doing a bit of research before hand. 

*laughs some more*

Let me give you a bit of advice, rookie. Before coming on a forum proclaiming things you know nothing about, you would be well advised doing a bit of research before hand. Perhaps that is why you keep linking proof Nexon ruins games by never actually talking about the games they have ruined, link to proof of games they have ruined...or even come close to staying on topic.

But I do thank you for the "company" review and a link where former employee's talk bad about them which we all know, is something to go by. Perhaps in your next post you can prove to me Nexon ruins games by giving a link to Nexons company christmas party where everyone was given a cheap $2 gift.

*would laugh more but instead died a little inside from the mass stupidity being shown by fellow humans*