Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I shared my opinion and broke the rules. WTF!!

Comments

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

Read the CoC before complaining.

• Do not post petitions, “I demand an answer” threads, conspiracy threads, or comments about circumventing the rules.
    ...and you made a conspiracy thread.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    So you make a conspiracy thread that won't really lead to any constructive conversation just unfounded speculation and then you come here and try to sell it as just an opinion.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Like others have said. Speculation based on what?

Speculating is fun but now is not the time. Especially on their official forums. Do it elsewhere ;-)
  • n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    So you make a conspiracy thread that won't really lead to any constructive conversation just unfounded speculation and then you come here and try to sell it as just an opinion.

.. and then I read your signature and I am confused. copy/paste?

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773
    Originally posted by Kyleran

You seem to have overlooked the moderator's reply, that your comment "What?" was basically useless and off topic, and yes, such comments are moderated regularly on official company forums, which is why I normally hang around here instead.

Hmm no. I saw the reason and it is their forum = their rules.

However I would probably also respond with: What? if someone in the WoW forums thanked the Blizzard team for giving us SWG.

If I was banned for that, I would just do like I did with this: Have a few laughs and shrug it off ;-)

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    There's been enough of this that I have not, and will not post on the GW2 forums.  I'll just post here thanks.  Sometimes I read links to the forums that are posted here which I appreciate, but I won't be participating over there.  It just sounds like too much trouble and not worth any frustration that might come of it. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    I never called any of their staff out, I simply implied/queried if they had moved on to new projects as they have not been heard from in a long time, and seems that Anet have not responded to any concerns that a lot of players have brought up, I understand that their policy says that staff and Anet should not be called out in making any posts, but it was a genuine query, and I thought it would get confirmation from moderators to that initial post, but no they just infracture me and delete the thread.  Seems to me they just don't give a To*s anymore, after all their beta events and interviews pre-launch teling us all how great their game is and that we will all love it, we couldnt get enough of them at the time.
    " but it was a genuine query,
    and I thought it would get confirmation from
    moderators to that initial post,"
    WHAT? You cannot possibly be serious. Can you see how naive this sounds?
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Doesn't surprise me.  Remember, Anet never really wanted official forums to begin with.  Must be some truth to your post.
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188

You are not the only one who was infracted for sharing thoughts, pointing out what u dont like etc, They just don't like bad opinions. If u wrote u love the game and ArenaNet, the topic would still float there. As much as i like the game (well after introducing Ascended gear not so much as before) i hate ArenaNet behaviour. Yes they should close troll threads, but they also closed a lot of good threads with good feedback. Anyways, I just stopped to visit their forums, to not curse my blood anymore with their actions. I'll just stick to the game and see what steps will they make, if take more trademil route or (GOD PLEASE NO) they introduce trademil to PvP, i'll just quit. 

I never was a fanboy, i liked the concept of the game, but unfortunately they forsaken their philosophy and took the bad path, that other failure MMOs have taken...the standard MMO route ;), very very dark future.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by biggarfoot

I was infractured for the post below and they swiftly deleted it.  This is what Anet has come to?  give an opinion whether I was correct in that opinion/thought doesnt really matter.  What really is annoying though is that they have threads on the first page that are probably a lot more provoking than what I created.  The Moderator note is even more laughable from my perspective.

Forum Moderator

This is an automated message. Your post in Original team not running this game anymore?was infracted.

Your original post in Original team not running this game anymore?:

I sat down and had some real thinking about recent events both ingame and in the forums. The severe lack of communication from both Colin and Brian and the recent sale of shares to Nexon in NCsoft. Nobody from Arenanet seems interested to put to bed players fears about hot subjects in the forums.

Would you think I’d be right in thinking then that Guild wars 2 is no longer controlled by the same people who brought us this game? Have Colin and Brian and their team been given a new project to work on, and that the game is now under the influence of someone from Nexon or some other body that has their own ideas and what they want to do with this game?

No need for tin foil hats on this one, just a general feel I have about this game now, and feel its going to go in a different direction that I was sold on, well it already has imo.

Moderator Notes:

Threads of this type are against our forum Code of Conduct. Please refrain from making such threads, as it does not assist members with support issues and concerns.

• The topic was moved.

If you believe you have received this infraction in error or wish to make an appeal, please send an e-mail to [email protected].

EDIT: To be clear this was from the official Guildwars 2 forum not from other fan sites or MMORPG.com.

And the problem is...?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by botrytis
    • Do not engage in staff call-outs. Using the words “ArenaNet” or any staff member’s name will not expedite the answer to your query.

On page 2 you can read this and still people are bickering on to page 4.

OP did in fact called out the staff members by name.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

I can't believe there are still people out there prepared to defend ANet.

Sure it's their forums, and sure there are rules, but good people break bad rules everyday.  The actual topic is much more important than the breaking of some arbitrary rule on a forum.

As for OP...sucks man...but nothing will come of the frustration gamers have with this game and company unless they fully ban the game and company.  Otherwise, it's business as usual.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Roxtarr

Am I the only one who things that the OP's post was just a 'clever' way to say that "Nexon took over and the game sucks now?"

no you arent the only one. I do too. Developers like to say things in between words, so they know when players are speaking the same way.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Dude you cant speak bad about this game or the mods on MMORPG.com forums.  I gave a negative review of my experience and got warned too.  I didnt use deragatory language or anything and still got warned.  I wrote them a nice letter back telling them to go screw themselves
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Razperil

You broke their forum Code of Conduct, plain and simple. Opinions, etc, etc, etc, are all held accountable no matter if you think you did no wrong. These rules are in all forums so I suggest you read them again to make sure you do not receive another infracture.

P.S- Your opinion on your topic could have caused problems. You honestly do not know for sure if the original team is gone. You got what was due for doing it. Live with it like we all have when we get infractures, warnings,  and bans for having opinions as well. It's really good advice :)

Having a crazy overbearing code of conduct is no excuse.. for having a crazy overbearing code of conduct.  What else would the issue be?  That they infract people randomly?

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by madazz
    If that is the whole story, than that is pretty bad.

no it's not.

Game forums are about discussing games. He essentially created an inflammatory post about arena net, NC Soft and the workings of the company.

I would have removed it as well.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

Whats more tragic is the idea that you bought the marketing spiel from these people and are now disapointed with the end product so....somehow those people aren't running the game anymore? Someone got rid of them and their prue and noble ideas were corrupted? Or, honestly, are you just a victom of overhype and it's just too hard to believe these people promised something that didn't fufil your wildest expectations?

I'll give you something, thats a whole new spin on the GW2 deluded fanboy defense. 

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Still a million times better than gw2guru forum, so yeah :D.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Why would a company want to leave negative posts on THEIR forum? Thats great for business!

God some people are just stupid. Like the OP.

Originally posted by Omnifish

Whats more tragic is the idea that you bought the marketing spiel from these people and are now disapointed with the end product so....somehow those people aren't running the game anymore? Someone got rid of them and their prue and noble ideas were corrupted? Or, honestly, are you just a victom of overhype and it's just too hard to believe these people promised something that didn't fufil your wildest expectations?

I'll give you something, thats a whole new spin on the GW2 deluded fanboy defense. 

Reminds me of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

Denial stage?

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by niceguy3978
    Originally posted by Vannor

Read the YELLOW highlighted line - you called out staff and it got deleted and then banned. Plain and simple.

So that forum rule gives ANet to power to remove any post that even mentions the company or staff no matter what it's about, yeh that's much better. (psst, it's not really better, it's much worse; no more free speech).

If the OP did get that post deleted then it's bad. The post clearly shows they don't really know if the GW2 team is different for anyone that can actually read english. It was used as a way to exaggerate their point.. a way of saying 'this isn't the same game anymore'

Plus, the moderators notes don't even make any sense.. unless it was in the wrong section.

There is no free speech on forums, they are private entities not run by the government.  I promise, the government isn't going to prosecute him for calling out anet.

I know all that.. doesn't make it morally right though, which is the point.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • azonic69azonic69 Member UncommonPosts: 103

Nexon a great company ? You probably have never had to deal with their support. I have an open ticket with them since  june 19th, that's 5 months and still no reply.  I updated my ticket once 2 months ago, and guess what they never even bothered to even reply to it. And i'm not the only one that has been having issue with such a long wait time. 

They might be the second biggest gaming company of the world but they still utterly fail, if Nexon has any say in how Anet and NcSoft are run I can predict a catastrophic customer service.

So yeah great company.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

Read the YELLOW highlighted line - you called out staff and it got deleted and then banned. Plain and simple.

So that forum rule gives ANet to power to remove any post that even mentions the company or staff no matter what it's about, yeh that's much better. (psst, it's not really better, it's much worse; no more free speech).

If the OP did get that post deleted then it's bad. The post clearly shows they don't really know if the GW2 team is different for anyone that can actually read english. It was used as a way to exaggerate their point.. a way of saying 'this isn't the same game anymore'

Plus, the moderators notes don't even make any sense.. unless it was in the wrong section.

There is no free speech on forums, they are private entities not run by the government.  I promise, the government isn't going to prosecute him for calling out anet.

I know all that.. doesn't make it morally right though, which is the point.

good luck finding the "morally right" when it comes to big business, and that doesn't make them all evil either. 

A government has to give rights to people like the freedom of speech, as well as the inherint right to be mentally challenged. People can be stupid, dumb, confused, challenged, ignorant, bias, psychotic, depressed, niave, PMS'ing, or any of a laundry list of other mental states, and they still have a legal right to freedom of speech.

However, a company also has a legal right to maintain, remove, and edit the content which is put onto their website. As a matter of fact, they are obligated to. If their website is not removing racism (for example) they can suffer consequences for inaction.

So complaining about a company editing their website is silly and pointless. It's their party. You may have the right to speak, but you do not have the right to force people to listen, nor to use their medium to voice your opinion. It is a priveledge, not a right, to be able to post on anybody else's forums.

As for the OP's post, I would have removed it and flagged his account.  Bringing up an aquisition of shares that is 5 months old and representing it as a recent change in events is misleading. And then questioning the efforts of the employees and their direction, sure sounds like an attempt at disruption to me.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.