Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have been a big opponent of this game for years but...

freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

I have been a big opponent of this game for years but I have just read the website for the new expansion and it is full of win; if not just for the ship balancing and new ships that should have always been in Eve, then there is the bounty system that really shines with the ability to choose limitations on who your bounty is paid out to.

This means wars are more manageable for both the soldiers and the corp/alliance/coalition leaders. Soldiers can get immediate compensation for their efforts and leaders don't have to sift through pages of mail and then manually send off money.

That type of mechanic means more fun for all. Well done CCP, well done. This mechanic, exactly as described, should be in every mmo from now on, with no exceptions!

Read the details about the new bounty system for yourself if you have not already: bounty system

The simple brilliance of this system is very elegant; and I was skeptical when I first heard about the bounty system changing. I'm jealous that I did not come up with the system myself. This forces me to acknowledge the fact that there is hope for CCP, where as, before reading the details of this system I was wondering if CCP was just a front for the International Weed Smokers Association movement or a bunch of coked out x pimps. I guess they still could be but no-doubt they were exceptional at their trade and do well on drugs judging buy the details of the new systems.

The only thing that could facilitate war payout more effectively would be a bounty payed out automatically from corps/alliances/coalitions to people who kill a non allied ship with in a designated perimeter or select systems.

The new balancing is great; the new frigates are essential. The new short warp mod should have been reality at release. All the content in the new upcoming patch concerning ships should have been in game from day 1. But better now then never.

Other features like ui refinements and Crimewatch are really necessary and the AI revamp could be good as well for added fun.

This patch if all goes well will be the best patch in the 10 year history of Eve; I think you all can agree on that.

Comments

• EluwienEluwien Member UncommonPosts: 196

DAoC - 00-06 - And every now and then
    WoW - Online since launch - and now back again.
    EVE - Online since 07 - and still on, and on, and on..
    WHO - Online 08-10
    LOTR-O - Online 06-08
    Also played : Asherons Call, EverQuest, EQ2, Dungeons & Dragons, Cabal, Dark & Light, GW, 
    GW2, LA2, Ryzom, Shaiya, SWG, Allods, Forsaken World, ArcheAge, Secret World, Darkfall, Rift, ESO, Tera.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Agree with poster above...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Hmm, I read a bit of the new patch notes and thought, I wonder why they thought a lot of this was really important/necessary. I just didn't see it. I'll have to go back and reread to see what I missed the first time.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

All right I expected more of a positive reaction to this patch then I see in this thread; so maybe if I explain why this patch is so good in my eye's, my enthusiasm will be better understood and you can tell me where I'm wrong.

First is the frigate revamp. This is awesome for at least 2 reasons:

1) New players will not feel so useless and will more likely stick around. Also it gives new ones a taste of the way better ships play which means the frigates are now training new ones better for latter game play. It makes a lot of sense to me; and even the new frigate mining ship is good because it will help players gain wealth as they progress. Very good stuff for Eve players and CCP.

2) PvP is an old friend of mine and better designed frigates means more bang for your ISK. More fun to be had with more frequent roams and new players can back up the vets better and that is awesome because it comes at the same time as the bounty revamp.

Now the bounty revamp is the big upgrade imo. If you ever fought in huge conflicts in big coalitions then you know the pain of trying to get people to take the initiative to get together for the fight. A lot of people myself included are worried that proper compensation will not be had for my efforts.

Well the bounty system can easily change that by making payouts easier and more quickly too because the bounty system integrates the theme of war more seamlessly into Eve's programing. The bounty system gives us better tools with time saving features. You can pick who exactly you want to get the bounty. So if you want your corp to put pressure on an organization you have real power to make it happen quickly.

Which is great because I do not want to be screwing around with paying or trying to get paid ISK when I could be shooting people. And that is the frosting on my cake. I like to play Eve as a game more than as a job.

But also the bounty system makes it easier for corps that would rather mine then fight a war dec. You can throw money at the problem literally, to make it go away. With the payout set to damage inflicted this could be a lasting solution for unwanted war decs for those that have the cash.

I also found that bounty hunting was largely not set up as a profession that I could do to try to make some cash. Now with the ability to throw a bounty on whole alliances I see real potential opportunities to sharpen my skills for. This gives me new incentive to try it.

But think of all the cash that will be thrown around with this system. It will be interesting I think.

I wanted to talk about Destroyers and Cruisers as well. I remember when I was trying to figure out what direction I wanted to go as a new player and I never gave destroyer real consideration because I wanted to use missiles as a Caldari pilot and there was no Caldari Destroyer that I could train for.

I feel that PvP would have been more easy to adjust to if I had that option when I was starting out and I think now I will skill for the new missile destroyer to see how it works in PvP because I heard they are really nice. I pretty much skipped over light missiles as there was nothing really interesting to do with them.

Cruisers are getting tweaked so that they work better which makes me more interested in flying them to aid my fleet. Some ships have been broken in their role for far too long. Now they seemed to be at least pretty well done. Every ship has a role or 3 that they are good for which is the point. If a ship is not measuring up then get rid of it or fix it; that makes sense.

AI is pretty much a bore and I welcome any change to the system to make it more interesting but I also hope payout for missions reflect the new difficulty of the AI.

The Crimewatch update is just necessary. I still do not understand when it is safe to shoot in high sec and welcome the clarity and am also happy to see that neutral repairers are going to be flagged and inherit their targets timer cool down. But also love the fact that I can open my kill rights to everyone. That really puts the policing in the hands of the community. I'm curious to see what develops from this.

[mod edit]

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    War Decs keep me from coming back to Eve. I get in a new small corp and were having fun then bam war dec by some 50 year vet and we die and or people quit. What fun :( This has happen each time I have come back. I stopped coming back.
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Zeppelin4
    War Decs keep me from coming back to Eve. I get in a new small corp and were having fun then bam war dec by some 50 year vet and we die and or people quit. What fun :( This has happen each time I have come back. I stopped coming back.

Wardecs are pretty trivial to evade.

Create new corp -> all move to new corp

That said, most corps don't get wardecced. It might be worth thinking about why you always seem to get decced. If you have any thoughts, I'd be happy to advise you on how to mitigate the risk.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Originally posted by freejackmack

New players will not feel so useless...

...until older player in Trasher vaporize them in 1-2 volleys.

You are praising changes just for the sake of being it a change, regardless of actual impact those change have or have not.

CCP is failing to deliver since 2008...

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

Originally posted by kovah

[mod edit]

Sorry, I'm not much of a forum warrior and don't read forum rules ever; so sue me?

Originally posted by Malcanis
    [mod edit]

Not a disguise, but I am fishing for buddies :) Wanna be my buddy?

Exactly, happend to every corp I have been in except like 2. It should be a bit more straight forword on how to best deal with this imo. There are ways though.

Wardecs are pretty trivial to evade.

Create new corp -> all move to new corp

That said, most corps don't get wardecced. It might be worth thinking about why you always seem to get decced. If you have any thoughts, I'd be happy to advise you on how to mitigate the risk.

It depends on how much a corp is bent on relieving their hurt reputation in my experience. It can be quite an ordeal when things spin up.

Originally posted by Gdemami

New players will not feel so useless...

...until older player in Trasher vaporize them in 1-2 volleys.

You are praising changes just for the sake of being it a change, regardless of actual impact those change have or have not.

CCP is failing to deliver since 2008...

Yes new ones will be damaged in PvP but frigates should at least be able to stand with the Eve vets and come out on top when they are properly trained to do the task they need to do. The cheap nature of the frigates does not mean they should not be able to fill at least one roll in combat and industry. The next patch seems to give new ones a better chance with better more defined and boosted performance in the ships that exist and create ships to fill gaps that were there.

There should be steps, clear paths were you are not stuck for weeks on end without being able to fly a ship that does what you are interested in doing. Tiers of roles is the best way. Tier 1 frigates should not be useless; they should be sought after for fleets. So frigates need to be effective and not just junk. I think that vets should want to use frigates more as well. I think more vets will take a look at the updated and new ships to see if they can fill a need or a want.

I agree that Eve lacks in some areas as I have said for years but this patch imo is one of the best things CCP could have done to start making the game better.

The cheap nature of the frigates does not mean they should not be able to fill at least one roll in combat and industry. ...Tiers of roles is the best way.

Frigates always had place in EVE and their use remains unchanged. Ships always had their roles, regardless of tiers. Only what has changed is a label, tier -> role.

Nothing you talk about is actually changing anything in game. It is just vain marketing speech.

It is still Winmatar online like it used to be for years and years...no balance improvement achieved.

Lol yeah OK, funny how it's only you that seems to be talking about "winmatar" with respect to the frigates. Everyone else is pretty keen on everything but.

The "tier" concept was obseleted years ago (ie when people stopped caring about the cost difference between a Caracal and a Moa), and it's been a millstone around ship balancing ever since. Even the bittervets on Kugu and FHC are excited about the reworked ships. (The Moa and the Thorax are gonna own btw)

Originally posted by MalcanisLol yeah OK, funny how it's only you that seems to be talking about "winmatar" with respect to the frigates. Everyone else is pretty keen on everything but.

Yet, Rifter is the most flown frigate for years and by a large margin. Killboard stats are very clear what races and weapon platforms are preferred. There is nothing to discuss.

You can lick CCP's boots as much as you want or you can play "I am bittervet from 3rd party forums that is l33t and knows it all" card but that won't change facts about the game.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Lol yeah OK, funny how it's only you that seems to be talking about "winmatar" with respect to the frigates. Everyone else is pretty keen on everything but.

Yet, Rifter is the most flown frigate for years and by a large margin. Killboard stats are very clear what races and weapon platforms are preferred. There is nothing to discuss.

You can lick CCP's boots as much as you want or you can play "I am bittervet from 3rd party forums that is l33t and knows it all" card but that won't change facts about the game.

Which is why ships get rebalanced. Besides anyone who played eve for a bit longer knows that it wasn't always "winmatar", Caldari, Amarr and Gallente had their, albeit shorter, sweet spot in time aswell. 

That being said Minmatar does indeed have some awesome ships lik, sleipnir, hurricane, rifter, thrasher and vagabond. All of which either get no buff or even nerfs with the coming patch while the other races get big boosts. The rest of minnies lineup is and was basicly mediocre anyway.

The battlefield of new eden will NOT be the same once retribution hits. Im very much looking forward to dozens of "new" viable ships to fly. Also i can finally tell new players that like amarr or caldari ships to go and train for them, cause they will still be viable in pvp.

Originally posted by Rocketeer

Besides anyone who played eve for a bit longer knows that it wasn't always "winmatar", Caldari, Amarr and Gallente had their, albeit shorter, sweet spot in time aswell. 

If you want to call +5 years of Minmatar dominating PVP a "sweet spot"..ok..

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

while i agree that the OP is buddyfishing i agree that the lower tier ship rebalancing is really a nice change.  and the winmatar ships might be getting a small nerf now, but the high and holy pve beast drake is getting it next.

the UI redo doesnt matter to me who has been playing since 2007  but to a new player i think it will be better to conceptualize combat in eve.

the bounty system stuff, well, doesnt really matter too much to me, the crimewatch doesnt effect me because i'm mostly in 0.0 but i think the changes there were a long time coming.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by itchmon

while i agree that the OP is buddyfishing i agree that the lower tier ship rebalancing is really a nice change.  and the winmatar ships might be getting a small nerf now, but the high and holy pve beast drake is getting it next.

the UI redo doesnt matter to me who has been playing since 2007  but to a new player i think it will be better to conceptualize combat in eve.

the bounty system stuff, well, doesnt really matter too much to me, the crimewatch doesnt effect me because i'm mostly in 0.0 but i think the changes there were a long time coming.

op has really blown it off 

• DalanoDalano Member Posts: 116

Rifters are pretty much junk now. Incursus, Merlin, and Punisher are all 3x better. 

Heck, even the new Atron and Condor are better. Slashers are the new Minmatar go-to frig, and they're pretty good, but not head and shoulders above the comp like the Rifter used to be.

Things are set to change even more next week with the revamped Kestrel and Tristan making the scene. The days of Rifter supremacy are gone. The only people who fly them now are diehards and folks who haven't gotten the memo.

A quick glance at the RvB killboards shows the current state of the frig metagame:

http://rvbeve.com/blue/?a=home

Playing: FFXIV, EVE

OK now you're just making a fool of yourself.. The T1 frigate range has just been completely and massively reworked. It's completely irrelevent what happened over the last few years, because balance conditions are totally different now.

And FYI Minmatar were widely considered the gimp race until the projectile ammo / tracking enhancer buff which was, IIRC in Dominion, 2 years ago. Not 5.

So if you want to talk "facts about the game" make sure you've got them right (maybe try logging in to check them?) before you walk into a wall like that.

Hope these independently verifiable data aren't too "bootlickey" for you.

Love,

Malc.

Minnies where mostly just really good at maneuverability and engagement control. It wasn't that you where winning so much fights with minmatar, it was more that you where loosing so few because you could always disengage and fly away(vagabonds going easily over 8km/s etc).

Minnies speed advantage had been declining for years, what with the nano nerf, scrams turning off MWDs and force recons webbing/scamming out to 40+km on a covert ops capable T2 cruiser hull ... That left minnies with good tracking guns with extreme falloff and fair damage, still arguable the most PvP centrish race, but the days where there where roaming gangs just made out of minnie ships where over. 

These days minmatar lives of the strenghts of a select few good ships that have just the perfect slot layout. For example the hurricane:

Spare highslots for utility after fitting full guns? *CHECK*

4 medslots for speedmod, web, scram and injector? *CECK*

6 lowslots with PG to spare for a heavy plated setup with local rep and damagemods? *CHECK*

Its the perfect mix of dps, utility and tank for either solo work or a a small - medium mixed gang. Thats not minnie being awesome, thats just a very good ship design that happens to be minmatar. Also the 720mm arties are absolutely gorgeous for medium+ gangs because the high alpha value with decent tracking of them combined with the short TTL(time to live) of focus fired targets mean maximum damage application.

What this rebalance will do imho is making more ships to be like the hurricane, i.e. actually giving them the slots/stats to do their job(not to mention giving them a purpose besides "fly me till you can afford the next tier thats better than me in every way, which means about 10 mins of missions and 2 hours of training"). Actually im thinking of trying RvB just because of these changes, im sure it will be a blast flying these new ships.

Originally posted by Gdemami   Originally posted by Malcanis   Lol yeah OK, funny how it's only you that seems to be talking about "winmatar" with respect to the frigates. Everyone else is pretty keen on everything but.
      Yet, Rifter is the most flown frigate for years and by a large margin. Killboard stats are very clear what races and weapon platforms are preferred. There is nothing to discuss. You can lick CCP's boots as much as you want or you can play "I am bittervet from 3rd party forums that is l33t and knows it all" card but that won't change facts about the game.
    OK now you're just making a fool of yourself.. The T1 frigate range has just been completely and massively reworked. It's completely irrelevent what happened over the last few years, because balance conditions are totally different now.

And FYI Minmatar were widely considered the gimp race until the projectile ammo / tracking enhancer buff which was, IIRC in Dominion, 2 years ago. Not 5.

So if you want to talk "facts about the game" make sure you've got them right (maybe try logging in to check them?) before you walk into a wall like that.

Hope these independently verifiable data aren't too "bootlickey" for you.

Love,

Malc.

Oh dear...

So let's "easily verify" those data and take a look at recent killboard stats - RvB as a representative of T1 frig warfare.

Total 85 frig kills for both factions.

Let's get only the top ship types:

Punisher 12
    Merlin 14
    Rifter 24
    Incursus 8

So Rifter makes it for almost same amount used as Merlin and Punisher together and you gotta wonder how many of those Punishers have AC fitted. Gallente as usual comes at short end of the stick.

Same story was before unneeded projectile buff, with AC and Rifters dominating rvb killboards. Projectiles were never "gimp" weapons. They were balanced and very popular.

And for long term stats?

Since 21/9/2009 til today:

200mm AutoCannon II 24413
    150mm Light AutoCannon II 23802
    Light Neutron Blaster II 16078
    Light Ion Blaster II 11748
    Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile 11367
    Medium Pulse Laser II 11207
    Dual Light Pulse Laser II 11080
    Caldari Navy Inferno Rocket 9696
    150mm Light AutoCannon I 9243
    Caldari Navy Scourge Rocket 7952
    150mm Railgun II 6653

40% of weapons used goes towards projectile platform in lifetime of rvb killboard.
    41% of recent kills goes towards Rifters in recent killboard(proly even more when counted in AC punishers and Merlins).

Completely whole new story :-)

Do I need to remind you the dev blog presenting weapons used since 2008/2007 or so portraying similar picture?

So yeah...

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Some of you are overstating the frigate changes.  The only thing they did that will have any significant impact is turn the mining frigates into logi ones so that low skill point pilots can try out logistics without investing the skill points and length of time it's currently required to even see if you'll like it.  

For those that don't really understand:  it's like rolling a priest in another mmo because you want to try your hand at healing, but you have to play for 3 months before you can actually heal instead of healing from level 1 to get a feel for it.  CCP is making it possible to be a healer at level 1 instead of having to wait the 3 months, basically.  

Aside from that we get one new mining frigate, but that's not new.  I think the op made the statement that this should have been in the game from the beginning; they were.  What do you think the mining frigates that are being changed to logi frigates?  Instead of 4 mining frigates there will only be one.  The mining frigate you'll see is new, but not mining frigates are not.  

The bounty system is a double edged sword.  It'll be nice for corps, and no better then the current system we least have.  

The flag changes (crimewatch) is a nerf to ganking and pirating.  

There's some good stuff coming but not a lot.  Not enough to be an expansion and definitely not "new" content; which a lot of us are getting a little annoyed at.   It's mostly tweaks; some of which ardently really needed.  Explosions?  Sounds?  UI elements changed?  

Meanwhile they're altering the order and priority in which NPC'S will attack players, but those npc's are still as pathetic as ever; still no real improvement in the difficulty of the majority of pve content, which is a joke.   They keep making the largest part if the game world safer in a game the depends on people getting blown up.  

Most of what they're doing you expect from any MMO; it's what isn't getting done that's starting to get to people.  Like the shelving of new content instead of the development of new content, in favor of just reskinning the predicting stuff for the last 2 or 3 years now.  While other large aspects of the game don't get touched, like industry, miming, pos's, null sec.  

Yay, new bounty system and flagging.  While other parts of the game, that even CCP admitted are broken go untouched.  

Edit:  I apologize for the horrible grammar presented in this post.  My nerves are bothering me pretty bad the past couple of days, and it's really hard to type.  I'm not going to fix it either.  I laughed when I read it; it's pretty bad. 

Originally posted by Uhwop

Some of you are overstating the frigate changes.  The only thing they did that will have any significant impact is turn the mining frigates into logi ones so that low skill point pilots can try out logistics without investing the skill points and length of time it's currently required to even see if you'll like it.  

For those that don't really understand:  it's like rolling a priest in another mmo because you want to try your hand at healing, but you have to play for 3 months before you can actually heal instead of healing from level 1 to get a feel for it.  CCP is making it possible to be a healer at level 1 instead of having to wait the 3 months, basically.  

Aside from that we get one new mining frigate, but that's not new.  I think the op made the statement that this should have been in the game from the beginning; they were.  What do you think the mining frigates that are being changed to logi frigates?  Instead of 4 mining frigates there will only be one.  The mining frigate you'll see is new, but not mining frigates are not.  

The bounty system is a double edged sword.  It'll be nice for corps, and no better then the current system we least have.  

The flag changes (crimewatch) is a nerf to ganking and pirating.  

There's some good stuff coming but not a lot.  Not enough to be an expansion and definitely not "new" content; which a lot of us are getting a little annoyed at.   It's mostly tweaks; some of which ardently really needed.  Explosions?  Sounds?  UI elements changed?  

Meanwhile they're altering the order and priority in which NPC'S will attack players, but those npc's are still as pathetic as ever; still no real improvement in the difficulty of the majority of pve content, which is a joke.   They keep making the largest part if the game world safer in a game the depends on people getting blown up.  

Most of what they're doing you expect from any MMO; it's what isn't getting done that's starting to get to people.  Like the shelving of new content instead of the development of new content, in favor of just reskinning the predicting stuff for the last 2 or 3 years now.  While other large aspects of the game don't get touched, like industry, miming, pos's, null sec.  

Yay, new bounty system and flagging.  While other parts of the game, that even CCP admitted are broken go untouched.  

Edit:  I apologize for the horrible grammar presented in this post.  My nerves are bothering me pretty bad the past couple of days, and it's really hard to type.  I'm not going to fix it either.  I laughed when I read it; it's pretty bad. 

I don't think you are very well informed about the upcoming changes tbh. For example the upcoming crimewatch will come with a significant increase to pvp timers, which will also be renewed on ships caught after logoff. How can that be a nerf to pirating?

Also the ship changes extent well beyong just adding healers and a mining frigate, bonused ECM frigates as T1 are a huge deal. 4 T1 frigs won't kill a BS pilot that knows what he is doing fitting wise today, after the patch though that might very well be a permajammed, neuted BS pilot wondering wtf is going on(especially marauders).

Its nothing less, and yes nothing more, than bringing the full spectrum of EvE warfare right down to the T1 hulls. Every group tactic that was previously only possible for very highly skilled(as in with a lot of SPs) players, will now have a lower SP variant that can be used by new players.

Also a new player was previously just told to "fit tackle", cause that was all he could do. Even if the gang had HICs, ceptors, AFs you name it. Now you can tell people to bring ECM, TPs, TDs(which will work on missiles) and lots of other funny things. And that new player in his t1 frig has a very fair chance of locking down a enemy key ship like an rook or a abaddon, he won't just be(slightly, maybe, if every other tackle disconnects at the same time) useful, he will actually win you the engagement.

For me thats pretty big, cause i always disliked the nobrainer of telling new players(wether to EvE or to PvP) to go tackle something. Also we have far to many pilots in EvE who are not proficent in ewar, bringing more of it to t1 hulls is a very good thing.

Originally posted by RocketeerAnd that new player in his t1 frig has a very fair chance of locking down a enemy key ship like an rook or a abaddon

What would be a point of ewar T2 frigs, and cruisers then if T1 frig can do the same job?

I think you are expecting too much...

And that new player in his t1 frig has a very fair chance of locking down a enemy key ship like an rook or a abaddon

What would be a point of ewar T2 frigs, and cruisers then if T1 frig can do the same job?

I think you are expecting too much...

Nope. The point is T2 is better but has horrible cost efficency.

And thats the whole point of EvE, a ECM module on a T1 frig ist just as strong as a ECM module on a T2 BS. For example a griffin with my crappy skills has about a 50% chance of locking down a kronos for 20 sec, per module. Thats base, without any modules/rigs/implants boosting it.

If i flew a rook instead, yes the chance would be better, about 60-70%, but then again i would also be primary in any kind of small warfare engagement because im sitting in a frail yet hittable t2 hull.

More T1 frigs that actually pose a threat outside of tackle is a major factor. Tackle places them inside neut range, meaning they get shut down easily. But a T1 frig sitting at 30 km and cutting your optimal range to a quarter on lets say an Legion or using ECM on your heavy hitter? God, thats real painful.

Example:

2 hacs, sacriledge and deimos fighting 2 BS. The hacs get aided by a new player in a impairor, ruining the BSs tracking to the point where they can't deal with the Hacs even webbed. Sacri and deimos attacking BS1, with sacri staying on BS2 to keep both tackled and webbed. The impairor stays away 30km from both BS.

Thats a horrible situation to be in for the BS. TDs on the Impairor are very strong(it gets up to a 50% bonus to them), and its pilot may be very young so not having caused alarm upon checking his info on in local(you wouldn't suspect a 1-2 month old char being a major issue in a fight between BS and Hacs). Currently such a situation would be ... unlikely since due to the tiering system a impairor has a 2/2/2 slot layout which is laughable since it means you have nothing in the meds if you want to run 2 TDs which the ship is meant for.

Probably not the best example, but im trying to show how a bonused t1 frigate can be a serious issue, not despite, but because its a t1 ship with a new pilot. Sure a curse would be alot better, but then again the 2 BS likely wouldn't have joined combat if it was 2 Hacs and a Curse they faced.

Nope. The point is T2 is better but has horrible cost efficency..

You stated that T1 frig can permajam BS or rook. So I am asking how better T2 ships are supposed to be? Perma-permajam?

The major issue of frigates you seem not to be realizing is their limited slot layout. T1 frigs should not ever be able to permajam anything as you imply because that ability comes from slot layout and if T1 frigs could still achieve that, it would either make T2 and larger ships pointless or OP.

That pretty much demonstrates the issue in your example. If newbie in rookie ship can disable BS, what would specialized ships do?

See above - they would be either pointless or imbalanced.

As said, those things might look nice on paper but making them work is entirely different story...

Nope. The point is T2 is better but has horrible cost efficency..

You stated that T1 frig can permajam BS or rook. So I am asking how better T2 ships are supposed to be? Perma-permajam?

The major issue of frigates you seem not to be realizing is their limited slot layout. T1 frigs should not ever be able to permajam anything as you imply because that ability comes from slot layout and if T1 frigs could still achieve that, it would either make T2 and larger ships pointless or OP.

That pretty much demonstrates the issue in your example. If newbie in rookie ship can disable BS, what would specialized ships do?

See above - they would be either pointless or imbalanced.

As said, those things might look nice on paper but making them work is entirely different story...

He stated that they "have a fair chance" of doing so. Not quite the same thing my friend.