Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Retribution Features Site Now Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

CCP has announced that the full feature site for EVE: Retribution is now officially open and ready to help players gain a greater understanding into December 4th's expansion. Find out more about Crime Hunting and bounties and much more.

• Open up the possibility of a new “profession” in bounty hunting allowing players to hold their enemies responsible for their actions

• Simplify the interstellar law and punishment system known as Crimewatch

• Rebalance all Tech I frigates, cruisers and destroyers in a massive effort that should refresh gameplay at all levels

• Add a fresh and dynamic soundtrack with all new sound effects

• Bring four new destroyers, a mining frigate and salvage drones into the players hands,

• Overhaul combat UI and NPC AI, making them respectively more intuitive and more interesting

• And a whole lot more

Take a look on the EVE Online: Retribution site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• lvluplvlup Member UncommonPosts: 33
    looks fucking sick
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I look forward to the bounty system finally throwing a wrench in the gears of mining terrorists in EVE.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    I look forward to the bounty system finally throwing a wrench in the gears of mining terrorists in EVE.

Not just the Bounty System, but Kill Rights, as well. :)

"In the kill rights view, you can now make your kill rights (the kill rights you have on other characters) available to others. You do this through the utility menu at the right of the kill right entry.

We’ve added an option for people to limit who the kill right is available to. Now when you make a kill right available, you can choose to restrict access the kill right to a specific corporation, alliance or even character. You can still make it open to anyone if you wish. When you make a kill right available, a notification is sent to the target of the kill right informing him that the kill right has been made available (and to whom if that is specified).

You can also revert your choices here and cancel the availability of your kill rights, using the same menu. Currently there are no restrictions on how fast or frequently you can cancel kill right availability or make them available again.

To be able to spot better those you have kill rights available on, we’ve added a new icon to the overview and the chat channel. You can set these to show those in your vicinity (overview) or system (local chat channel) that you can activate kill rights on. Note that there is also a bounty icon already in existence that is now more viable to show than before."

Source: http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73578

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    BH can be a new role in eve ... not bad

BestSigEver :P

• SeanalexSeanalex Member UncommonPosts: 45

Must fly Corax forevers, Mini Drake for the win!

Played - EQ 1/2, WoW, SWG, SWTOR, GW 1/2 UO, STO, CO, DCUO, AO, Rift.

• ZheketriZheketri Member UncommonPosts: 23

Roaming soloists and packs of bounty hunters in high sec looking for kill rights to buy and bounties to claim.

It all depends on how skittish these pilots with kill rights against them are... as well as how many killrights will be available to pursue. Of course, the bounty system has much greater application than this, but it's this notion in particular I'd like to see come to life.

The Corax with the Das Boot score in the background. The potential revival of so many ships that have been languishing unused. Even the inevitable screams of salvagers (ninja or otherwise) as NPC vessels open up on all targets.

These seem like such small things within the scope of the game, but really so much for those who can appreciate them.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Good to see them revamp the bounty system.  Might just switch to a bounty hunter corp, might be a lot of fun.
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

Best entry in the Q&A :-)

Q: I'm often totally oblivious to my surroundings. Will Crimewatch help me, too?

A: CONCORD wishes you the best in your endeavors.

Optional PvP = No PvP