Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 1 Obsidian Armor to receive buffs.

Impulse47Impulse47 Member UncommonPosts: 159

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/21/arenanet-talks-about-guild-wars-1-progression/

<snip>

"In the spirit of rewarding players for their hard work and dedication in the world of Tyria, we will be adjusting the stats on some of the rarer armors (Obsidian, Vabbian, etc.) and weapons to be roughly 15% better than comparable max-level gear.  As we introduce more hard mode content, this equipment will give you the edge you need to conquer your foes.  We hope you are as excited about this as we are!"

</snip>

Comments

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    NVM misleading lol 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

I see what you did there. raises a good point.

gw2 is an impressive accomplishment and a good game, but its predessesor was actually more inovative. while gw1 is not an mmo it is a better game.

gw2 took several steps forward, but also many backward. such a combat progression by gear, probably to appeal to the masses. 

My blog: image

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Consensus

gw2 is an impressive accomplishment and a good game, but its predessesor was actually more inovative. while gw1 is not an mmo it is a better game.

gw2 took several steps forward, but also many backward. such a combat progression by gear, probably to appeal to the masses. 

I agree. I think Arenanet is trying to find a middle ground between GW1 fans that don't like gear progression and other players that come from games like WoW. The result is that the most hardcore GW1 fans will be angry, and the most hardcore WoW-like fans won't be satisfied.

http://www.unilim.fr/pages_perso/jean.debord/math/random/gauss.gif

Still, I beileve most players will be satisfied. (This is Gauss) :)

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    I  wonder if there are even many developers from the days when Guild Wars 2 was in early developement left.
  • Impulse47Impulse47 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Side note - I posted this exact same thread on the official forums and received a temporary ban. Satire seems to be a lost art around the new ArenaNet staff...
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by Consensus

agree 100%

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773
    Originally posted by ice-vortex
    I  wonder if there are even many developers from the days when Guild Wars 2 was in early developement left.

Patrick Wyatt and Jeff Strain left a long time ago - Way before Mike O'brian called in "Madam Nexon" for her services.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)