Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Firefall -- this MMO is full of WIN !!!

FromHellFromHell NY, NYPosts: 1,311Member

Just wanted to say I tried the stress test beta, game is amazing!

 

Graphically top notch and runs smooth like butter with everything on high (GTX 580) - Unreal engine rocks

World Immersion (Awesome lighting fx and day/night change, world size is huge)

Everything interactive, moving parts, very realistic approach

Fun missions, fast paced shooter with JETPACKS!

The gliding over the world is beautiful, and has a great mechanic (airflows, wind)

Great way of story telling

Fun PvP maps, very action oriented and fast paced

 

Conclusion: Will definitely play on release

 

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s
.


.
The Return of ELITE !
image

«1

Comments

  • GrayImpactGrayImpact NetherlandsPosts: 983Member Uncommon

    While the game is definitely fun, it seriously lacks content, granted this is beta, but It's going to need a lot more to stay interesting.

     

    After you finish your quests the only things to do are

    -Thumping ( Placing a mining machine and defending it while it gets attacked as you dig for recources, It's.. Grinding )

    -PvP, speaks for itself ( It's pretty much grinding )

    -And grinding up your tech/talent tree by killing things for experience.

    -Going after those.. evil patrols or whatever. ( which is pretty much grinding )

     

    Granted, grinding in this game is more fun then in others, but i think thats only because It's a shooter rather then what I'm used to and it felt new for a bit, i think that's something that'll quickly wear out.

     

    Keep in mind that regular PvE updates are incoming very soon according to the timeline on the loading screens

    http://i.imgur.com/HZDvl.jpg

     

    While i loved the game for 5 hours or so, once i ran out of quest i very swiftly got bored, the world is beautiful, graphics are amazing and everything immerses you quite well, but besides that I'm really curious to see whats next, i don't want to become founder quite yet, i just don't see anything there at the moment.

  • RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,090Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by FromHell

    Just wanted to say I tried the stress test beta, game is amazing!

     

    Graphically top notch and runs smooth like butter with everything on high (GTX 580) - Unreal engine rocks

    World Immersion (Awesome lighting fx and day/night change, world size is huge)

    Everything interactive, moving parts, very realistic approach

    Fun missions, fast paced shooter with JETPACKS!

    The gliding over the world is beautiful, and has a great mechanic (airflows, wind)

    Great way of story telling

    Fun PvP maps, very action oriented and fast paced

     

    Conclusion: Will definitely play on release

     

    i havent played it much but it looks like its decent

  • FromHellFromHell NY, NYPosts: 1,311Member
    Originally posted by Agoden

     

    Keep in mind that regular PvE updates are incoming very soon according to the timeline on the loading screens

    http://i.imgur.com/HZDvl.jpg

     

    While i loved the game for 5 hours or so, once i ran out of quest i very swiftly got bored, the world is beautiful, graphics are amazing and everything immerses you quite well, but besides that I'm really curious to see whats next, i don't want to become founder quite yet, i just don't see anything there at the moment.

    Yeah I read the PvE content is coming so are the episodic campaigns. If they really do it as episodes, like TSW, this will be awesome.

    The only thing which I didn´t like very much are the character faces, don´t know but somehow they look a bit ugly. Hope this is work in progress...

     

    Anyway, this title feels very innovative and fun, just got the founder package to play some more of the beta when the public stress test weekend is over.

     

     

    Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

    Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s
    .


    .
    The Return of ELITE !
    image

  • gordiflugordiflu BarcelonaPosts: 757Member

    I was afraid this game would be Global Agenda 2.

    I was wrong. That's good. From what I have seen so far, I will probably play GA fpr PVP and Firefall for PVE. It's also good that you have plenty of oportunities and reasons to group up with other players. It does feel like some developer is finally encouraging group playing without enforcing it.

    Edit: the only thing I don't like is the cartoony graphics, but anyway graphics is not precisely the most important thing when I choose a game.

  • EladiEladi ArnhemPosts: 1,100Member Uncommon

    I hop into beta once a while but sofar i cant say im realy excited, probaly due to the lack of someting to do and social structures. also the development time is... long, this can be a good thing but there has not realy bin any "real" progress in months. all are still  grining the same old.

    I keep a eye on it for the pve stuff  but for real shooter action i just go for PS2 at this time.

  • ubermutubermut dallas, TXPosts: 188Member
    I'm about 3 days in and agree it lacks a serious amount of content, however, the core gameplay rocks and is very smooth and fun.. and on top of that they are not wiping character exp, its kind of a rolling launch from what I understand.  So even though there isn't all that much to do, its still a great fun open world with core features and  you can level up your battleframes while you wait for more to be introduced.  Plus the timeframe looks very promising.  Will keep my eye on this for sure. 
  • SiveriaSiveria Saint John, New BrunswickPosts: 1,200Member Uncommon
    I dunno, I found the game quite boring to be honest, it felt like tabula rasa minus all the parts that made tabula rasa decent. Its still in beta so it can only get better but the game is going to need some major changes if it plans to hold peoples interests for more than a short time.

    Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

    A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

    or

    B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

    Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

  • FromHellFromHell NY, NYPosts: 1,311Member
    Originally posted by ubermut
    I'm about 3 days in and agree it lacks a serious amount of content, however, the core gameplay rocks and is very smooth and fun.. 

    no surprise, as the PVE content is yet tome according to current timeline

    http://i.imgur.com/HZDvl.jpg

     

    also, dynamic events? hell yeah

    Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

    Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s
    .


    .
    The Return of ELITE !
    image

  • KuinnKuinn MestaPosts: 2,093Member
    Originally posted by Agoden

    While the game is definitely fun, it seriously lacks content, granted this is beta, but It's going to need a lot more to stay interesting.

     

    After you finish your quests the only things to do are

    -Thumping ( Placing a mining machine and defending it while it gets attacked as you dig for recources, It's.. Grinding )

    -PvP, speaks for itself ( It's pretty much grinding )

    -And grinding up your tech/talent tree by killing things for experience.

    -Going after those.. evil patrols or whatever. ( which is pretty much grinding )

     

    Granted, grinding in this game is more fun then in others, but i think thats only because It's a shooter rather then what I'm used to and it felt new for a bit, i think that's something that'll quickly wear out.

     

    Keep in mind that regular PvE updates are incoming very soon according to the timeline on the loading screens

    http://i.imgur.com/HZDvl.jpg

     

    While i loved the game for 5 hours or so, once i ran out of quest i very swiftly got bored, the world is beautiful, graphics are amazing and everything immerses you quite well, but besides that I'm really curious to see whats next, i don't want to become founder quite yet, i just don't see anything there at the moment.

     

    Every mmorpg is about grinding something, otherwise the game would end at some point after the non-grind scripted content is finished.

  • KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 3,012Member Uncommon

    I've had the beta since June 2011 but never bothered with it. Kept an eye on the forums to begin with but then forgot all about it until reading this thread.

    Just watched a bunch of the newer vids and had a read again, now downloading image

    Edit - damn, it done already. That's one fast patcher.

  • lalartulalartu SeoulPosts: 444Member

    yeah I got bored with the game after about 2 days playing as well

     

    it's great overall, but only for a short amount of time and in bursts.

     

    it could definitely use more direction for PVE

    pvp is no different than any other game of the same type

    Join me on Twitter @WhatDaMath
    http://twitter.com/WhatDaMath
    I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

  • rawfoxrawfox HamburgPosts: 647Member Uncommon

    I played it for about 10 hours over the last days and its doubtless fun.

    Also i found the features map recently and there will be massive open world PvP coming in some months.

    It looks like they have the basics in and working, the game really plays smooth already.

     

    Its refreshing to the classical MMORPG controls, also the UI is innovative.

    Very fun ^^

  • keksbekkeksbek ParisPosts: 25Member

    Played this weekend beta stress test then I bought founder pack to be able to keep playing.. :)

    Its definitely fun.

  • GrayImpactGrayImpact NetherlandsPosts: 983Member Uncommon
     

    Every mmorpg is about grinding something, otherwise the game would end at some point after the non-grind scripted content is finished.

     

    I wont argue with this at all, but theres definitely a big difference between an obvious grind and a well masked one with story surrounding it.

  • YamotaYamota LondonPosts: 6,620Member
    Are there any persistent, strategical elements to fight over for? Like crafting points, spawns etc? Basically I am asking if there is any depth to the game to go with the action?
  • YalexyYalexy BerlinPosts: 1,053Member Uncommon

    Played the beta for two hours before I deinstalled it.

    I was waiting for this game to start with, but it doesn't really play very well. Sure, it uses a great engine, but it's far from the original UT3 when it comes to combat.

    I don't know what they exactly did there, but it felt very clumsy.

  • gordiflugordiflu BarcelonaPosts: 757Member
    Originally posted by Yalexy

    Played the beta for two hours before I deinstalled it.

    I was waiting for this game to start with, but it doesn't really play very well. Sure, it uses a great engine, but it's far from the original UT3 when it comes to combat.

    I don't know what they exactly did there, but it felt very clumsy.

    I agree. For some reason combat does not feel totally right. I also think it felt clumsy and I also can't really say why. The jets bit feels a bit rigid, and strafing and aiming is kindda... don't know, it just feels a bit clumsy.

    Having said that, combat is still way more fun than your average MMO, and it's good enough for PVE. This is why I said on a previous post that I will probably play GA for PVP and Firefall for PVE.

  • FromHellFromHell NY, NYPosts: 1,311Member

    Ok I´m ready now to purchase a founder´s pack, does this grant me immediate access to playing the beta,

    or are there selected beta weekends like the stress test one?

    Since the stress weekend is over I´m really longing for jumping back into this and kick some Chosen butts :D

    Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

    Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s
    .


    .
    The Return of ELITE !
    image

  • keksbekkeksbek ParisPosts: 25Member
    Originally posted by FromHell

    Ok I´m ready now to purchase a founder´s pack, does this grant me immediate access to playing the beta,

    or are there selected beta weekends like the stress test one?

    Since the stress weekend is over I´m really longing for jumping back into this and kick some Chosen butts :D

    You will get in beta right away, cheapest one is $20 I think.

  • DrakadenDrakaden Quebec, QCPosts: 133Member
    Yep, the game shows great fun in small doses, due to the fact that the game lacks things to do right now, but otherwise it's a great shooter MMO to play.
  • zmfeczmfec Las Vegas, NVPosts: 3Member
    I would love to try it, but alas the dev puts its ads EVERYWHERE, and I have been on the list for beta since week 1 lol. Yet no invite. I hate how these things work.

    Sorry for party rockin.....

  • fonoifonoi Cape TownPosts: 56Member
    You can get instant access by purchasing a founders pack for $20. I did that a few nights ago, really enjoying the game so far. Has a few bugs here and there but overall its awesome combo of mmo and fps.
  • YakamomotoYakamomoto Osaka, ARPosts: 363Member
    playing the beta, loving it -- reeeeally cool MMOFPS
  • TorgenTorgen MoenchengladbachPosts: 154Member

    Also liked it for a day or two but then it got so grindy and monotonous that I told myself to stop playing until PvE content is released.

    Concerning aiming and pvp I have to admit that this was one of the least fun tps/fps pvp I have played. I can't really nail it but it did not feel fun.

  • KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 3,012Member Uncommon

    I ended up with the same impression many of you did and ended up a bit bored after a few days of only an hour or two a day. I'd avoided installing the beta a year and a half ago to give it some time to be fleshed out after reading their forums back then, even now it feels like it's still got a long way to go.

    Not a bad game by any means, it has plenty of potential but i'd have expected them to be further along by now.

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.