Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Star Citizen package did you buy / pre-order?

YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

I went for the 125$ Lancer package as I think I will focus on trading and exploration.

Guess I´ll get another one with the Wingnut title to support the project because I´m super excited about it.

If you pledgeld, what package did you preorder?

Comments

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240

Game looks like it could become something, but will have to see. I always hoped Elite series would become something like this, so i hope his dream comes to life soon :)

• Druid_UKDruid_UK Member Posts: 58
    I went for the "Make Mine a Double" but if I could have afforded more, I would have. Can't wait for this to arrive.

-----
    Pay-to-Win / F2P will be the death of real gaming, Boycott it !!

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    I payed my $60. I promised not to get too excited about MMOs again and at first I admit I was a little skptical. But the more I found out about the game the more excited I got about the game and it can't come soon enough. Just one thing though, I wish the guys working on this picked a better name for the game.
  • EdelbertEdelbert Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by Arakazi
    I payed my $60. I promised not to get too excited about MMOs again and at first I admit I was a little skptical. But the more I found out about the game the more excited I got about the game and it can't come soon enough. Just one thing though, I wish the guys working on this picked a better name for the game.

It's not even an MMO. It's a simple Singleplayer-Title with the option to play online multiplayer. Nowadays Online Multiplayer seems to be = MMO in peoples minds.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    ...where is the "none" choice?
  • OmrieOmrie Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    ...where is the "none" choice?

It's only asking if you pledged, silly head. xD

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    I put down $125 for the Wingnut pledge. Though is it just me, or does the $60 pledge actually get more stuff?
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

That looks very nice..

The immersive cockpit view really pulled me in.. I think I will take the 60 dollar pledge when I get some cash..

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I went with the lancer,  I want to calculate jumps do some real exploring and even space combat.  I want to be what a pilgrim should be, calculating 1000 sets of numbers per second and make the jump past a big singularity.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    woah 16 votes, shows how meaningless this place is, over  1.2 millions from 13.000 backers so far and at this place.. crickets
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto
    woah 16 votes, shows how meaningless this place is, over  1.2 millions from 13.000 backers so far and at this place.. crickets

Yes, I am shocked. Minimal response at an mmorpg-based website for a game that is not an mmorpg. Who knew?

Maybe you can do a pole on fishing lures next?

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• Victor001brVictor001br Member UncommonPosts: 9

Make Mine a double ;) the $60 pack.

see you guys in game! :D

just sit down and wait 2 years! its pretty close! LOL 

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

The $30 one on Kickstarter.

$30 is sold out on the official site, but Kickstarter still has plenty. Minor difference is no Apha access.

• PyroSoldierPyroSoldier Member Posts: 2

$125 Lancer package.

I've been waiting for this game ever since I finished Freelancer's storyline.

In responce to Edelbert...

"It's not even an MMO. It's a simple Singleplayer-Title with the option to play online multiplayer. Nowadays Online Multiplayer seems to be = MMO in peoples minds."

This game IS going to be an MMO in part. There will be official servers with a player-based economy. There will be a persistant world with 100's of players able to interact in the same instance (and by instance, I mean area of space, not like a dungeon in WoW). There will be singleplayer components and you can host your own private server and there will be modding tools available. Having those features doesn't mean it isn't an MMO anymore.

blawrg

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Wow lots of ppl here paid 10,000  hahah

I myself, being as dumb as I am, I gave $250 ...I wanted the big ship

• BravixBravix Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

No, it just shows this place has smarter people who understand the value of money.

But hey, you go with that "meaningless" theory if it makes ya feel better. lol

Looks like someones butt hurt.

Nuh uh!!!! We are more smarter than you are!!! HAHA I told him.

>.>

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

Wish I could  pledge to get in the alpha but  atm times are hard . I really want this game  to do well and to be what ive always wanted.

Im just hoping that in 2 years time when it comes out   im  in a better position than i am now.

• AlthewiseguyAlthewiseguy Member Posts: 108

Early adopter. It's Chris Roberts. If he is willing to put his name behind this and the past titles hes brought us I have full faith in this becoming a great game. 

To be honest I was even surprised it was on this site. Though I'm looking forward to the chance for players to run their own servers with custom content and modding. This is what made Freelancer have such a lasting community. 

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    I got the "Make mine a double". I wanted the Lancer one but here in Greece financial affairs are a bit tight these days image
  • PokemonTrainerRedPokemonTrainerRed Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Definitely looking forward to this. No doubt Roberts is going to bring his A game to the table. I am amazed at the sheer amoumt of funding that has gone into this project. Suddenly I feel publishers are going to feel threatened. Saw a AMA on Kotoku with a hidden publisher and his reactions to kickstarters make me wonder. At the very least it is food for thought.
  • RiftstarRiftstar Member UncommonPosts: 22
    "The Man" sounded good, so that's what I went with.

Playing: MWO
    Waiting For: Star Citizen

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

glad I got my lifetime insurance on the ship I pledged for.

I can already see the whining of the non-pledgers when this amazing game comes out.

Very happy to be part of the funders club.

Too late now for others to get the campaign benefits.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

I'm in a fotunate position thanks to my UK business which you can see here www.helpall.co.uk

So I paid for $1,100 to get:- (To The Stars!) but will be upgrading to $2,500:- (In The Distant Future...) later once I see they are doing what they claimed. If not then I will have to re-evaluate my position for any further investment.

It's important that this business model be given a chance as this could have very large implication for future development funding from the community. Obviously many people are fed up of sub standard products being released to the general public by major software companies, so this could be the way forward in the future.

Bandit

Asbo

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    I will just wait till theres more concrete stuff

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Bravix

No, it just shows this place has smarter people who understand the value of money.

But hey, you go with that "meaningless" theory if it makes ya feel better. lol

Looks like someones butt hurt.

Nuh uh!!!! We are more smarter than you are!!! HAHA I told him.

>.>

Why would I be butthurt that dumb people give money for non-existant products?

When there's an actual product, then ask me for my money.

Don't worry. Not everyone wants to be an investor in a fantastic community funded product and wants to get great rewards for being a founding member plus getting alpha and beta access.

It will be on the market soon enough for regular customers who are much, much smarter than we are...