Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] General: Gratitude MMORPG.com Style

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Today is Thanksgiving Day in the United States and our staff wanted to take a few minutes of your day to share some of the things for which we are most grateful in both our gaming and personal lives. Please check it out and then tell us what you are thankful for in the comments.

I am ever amazed with the amount of greatness there is in my life.  I have a great job, great friends, a great wife, and in general I have very little to ever be upset about. If I find myself grumpy, it's usually something so trivial (like my iPhone being broken by a passerby's carelessness).  I watch people all over our country and others struggle with their day to day lives, and then I realize the worst I have to complain about is occasionally missed deadlines and a hectically full inbox.  That's humbling, no matter how you look at it.  People say it all the time as a cliche, but I really can't complain.

Read more Gratitude MMORPG.com Style.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Thank YOU.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Nice read Bill.  You got a job you love, instead of some of us who have jobs just to pay the bill's, It is my dream to get a job that I love one day. 

On that note I would like to say Happy Thanksgiving to all you folks out there. 

• KuuhnKuuhn Member Posts: 41

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I'm most thankful for my friends and family. I'm thankful that I have a job while many people right now do not. I have a wonderful girlfriend, and a few wonderful pets. I have many wonderful friends who I have met through online gaming over the years and I am thankful for all of them too. I'm also thankful for the wonderful community mmorpg.com has built and hope its here for as long as I am.

Have a great day everyone.

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

Happy Thanksgiving to the staff of MMORPG.com as well as the many members that come to this website. I really appreciate all the hard work that everyone puts into MMORPG.com to give us a quality source of new gaming information every day. 

I live on Long Island and this past year I have been humbled by recent events to have gratitude for the many basic things we take for granted: hot running water, food, clothing and a warm bed to sleep in at night. 

It doesn't get any better than this!

Have a great day!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Yup happy Thanksgiving!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I'm jealous of you guys. You have a job that you actually love. That's what I'm trying to do, but in my business it's extremely hard to get a foot in the door (and no I have nothing to do with gaming). I wish you all the best and a happy thanksgiving.

Smile

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Will we end up in an infinite loop if I say I am thankful for thanksgiving?

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    I hope everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving with close friends and family. This is probably my favorite American holiday as the only thing it asks of us is to get together and enjoy each other's company. All the while stuffing our faces without regard for the stupid amounts of food we've ingested. No other holiday compares to that!

The only negative thing I can think to say about Thanksgiving is how it is immediately followed by my most hated day of the year, Black Friday...

Happy Thanksgiving All!!!
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Happy Thanksgiving to you Bill, Suzie, Garrett, Som, Mike and Christina!

Hope you all had a great day!

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    I have nothing to be thankful for, next year will be different.

• Ridan477Ridan477 Member UncommonPosts: 48

Thanks guys for always working hard to put up interesting content. You have also done a good job fostering a fun community, which is why i come back every day.

Keep up the good work and again thank you.

Scoobin it up on the daily.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Sheesh... gloat much? :P
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I know I complain alot and more often then not speak before thinking, but thank you MMORPG for your interesting articles and perspectives. This is a nice break during the day to come on and read up on upcoming and old titles as well as express my input or criticisms and see how my views match up with or opposite of the community.