Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entered closed beta tonight

bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
Loads of people playing!  I hope it works out.

Comments

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Is there any hint of WoW in it, or is actually good and unique?
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    I cannot say ;)
  • FizbanFizbanFizbanFizban Member Posts: 6
    whats this o.o
    Cool!  Watch your buttocks in there :)
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Like to remind you guys there a NDA still in place so you probaly wont get much info on the game if you ask. I would like to share but i cant do so yet.
    Yep you can only talk about what they have disclosed already...and they have certainly disclosed that there is Pk'ing and a permadeath possibility lol.  Hence the watch your buttocks.
  • StinkFootStinkFoot Member Posts: 25
    If anyone wants to know more about Wizardry Online youtube it. The Japanese verison has been out for atleast a year now.
  • picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256
    nothing against perma death and pk'ing but what I've seen so far this game is totally crap. anti-fun sorry.
  • BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

None. This game is super hardcore. WoW is super easy mode.

:D

I would love to tell you more. But NDA. I will say this, since 4 of my buddies and I started playing this one, we have not stopped. That's how fun and challenging it is.

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by BigCountry

None. This game is super hardcore. WoW is super easy mode.

I would love to tell you more. But NDA. I will say this, since 4 of my buddies and I started playing this one, we have not stopped. That's how fun and challenging it is.

Well yeah, I got that it was hardcore, I was more concerned with... does it have the WoW UI, WoW quest grinding scheme, WoW item system, like almost MMOs have had these past 8 years?

Glad to hear its hardcore!

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

My concern quite frankly is the game description or video (I forget) makes a point of saying you will almost guarantee need a group to survive dungeons.

Well that's great at release but once the population starts to decline because carebears run away or the game was not what people expected, there will be not enough groups to make the game enjoyable or survivable (with groups of murdered wandering the wilds).

I hope to get in the game when it releases and grief people in the first dungeon for kicks though. I've never done it but even if I lose and die, I think it would be a fun story :)

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

Well yeah, I got that it was hardcore, I was more concerned with... does it have the WoW UI, WoW quest grinding scheme, WoW item system, like almost MMOs have had these past 8 years?

its has more the old school Everquest UI/Questing/Item scheme. I compare it more to EQ than WoW.

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• asmadeousasmadeous Member Posts: 70

This may be a bit vague since this is still under NDA. I enjoy this game too much, it is the dream MMO I have been waiting for. 

UI:  There is no character portrait compared to others. http://img6.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/2011/11/24/wizardry/wizardry40640.jpg

---

Quest: There is a main storyline quest and side missions. (2)

---

Item:  There are grades for equipment; some equipment have requirements to use. (1) Such requirements include: soul rank, attribute, alignment, race, and class.

Grades: Poor, Normal, Good, Master, Legend, Artifact (1)

(1)Item,Wizardry Online Wiki JP,(Nov. 26, 2012): http://wizardryonline.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/%E7%89%87%E6%89%8B%E5%89%A3?sid=03f1b423db70ea4cf4c0a40bafc3ff74

(2)Quest,Wizardry Online Wikia,(Nov. 26, 2012): http://wizardryonline.wikia.com/wiki/Quests