Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG

AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215

Heya,

Looking for a MMO with the "quaint" and "smallish" feeling as UO back in the day or WoW before realms could mesh. 

My favorite times were in Ultima Online and early WoW when the cap was 60.

Played in PvP before PvE was an option in games like UO, so no prference there either.

I like archery.  And bards.  And spells. 

Only played a handful games: UO, Asheron's Call,  DaoC, and WoW (in that order).

Not so in love with WoW's cartoonish feeling.

Pay to play fine, free to play fine -- no matter there. 

Thx for any and all suggestions.  

-Sel

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

Comments

• nordyanordya Member Posts: 82
    There is alwas Final Fantasy XI, it has bards and rangers. Final Fantasy XIV does mesh the two together, but currently the game is being re-launched. After that, maybe Vanguard?
  • clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Forsaken world has an interesting bard class, played it briefly. Lotro has the minstrel class which is also fun, has a pretty decent community also. Those are the only 2 i can really think of, If I do think of anymore i'll either edit this post or post below.
  • AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by nordya
    There is alwas Final Fantasy XI, it has bards and rangers. Final Fantasy XIV does mesh the two together, but currently the game is being re-launched. After that, maybe Vanguard?

Splendid ideas.

I think I played FFX on the PS2.  But was that with Wakka and Lulu and Blitzball?  

I haven''t tried Vanguard -- I think it's f2P??

By the way, thanks. :) 

• nordyanordya Member Posts: 82
    Originally posted by Selyse
    Originally posted by nordya

Splendid ideas.

I think I played FFX on the PS2.  But was that with Wakka and Lulu and Blitzball?  

I haven''t tried Vanguard -- I think it's f2P??

By the way, thanks. :) 

Yes that was FFX, FFXI is old tho, and currently not being developped a lot in favor of the FFXIV. Reading their forums is depressing, there is a mmorpg.com dedicated guild on Phoenix server, sadly I was on Valefor and couldn't make any friends so I stopped.

And yes, Vanguard is F2P, but as an SoE game, it might be better to subscribe to get around the limitation.

Thank you. :)  

I'll check out Vanguard tomorrow. (Black Friday).

I worry that nothing can replace the gaming of early WoW or UO, but something should.

I hear there's a new Darkfall expansion around December.  Maybe will check that out. 

Thanks again,

Sel

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

Eq2 has bard class too (dirge melee/melee buffer and troubador melee+spells/spellcaster buffer) not playable as f2p tho.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    LOTRO is also f2p and has the minstrel class.  One different thing about it is the ability to play  music in game -- there's a yearly festival and a pretty good sized community around it.
  • ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

If you are willing to pay the subscription to Vanguard it is totally worth the $$$$. 

Not sure how you feel about PvP since you mentioned you were indifferent to it but you can also check out DDO. 

DDO is more instanced based while Vanguard is more open world. 

Vanguard is dowloading.

How difficult is the learning curve?

If I read correctly, there's housing in Vanguard?!  That was one of my favorite things about Ultima.

I love PvP and might try arena life in WoW if my PC cannot support Vanguard. - I worry that arena teams in WoW are players with unlimited time/resources and (sadly) those gaming days are behind me.  

Thanks again for the replies - it really helps.

• DirtyisdeadDirtyisdead Member UncommonPosts: 16
    hey i was gunna download vanguard today myself, lemme know what server you end up on if you'd like to team up :D