Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has the mass exodus begun for GW2?

Comments

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    I also believed they tried too hard to remove grind.  This created a crater-sized hole in the game that was impossible to fill again.  Which is why everytime I play, the game feels extremely "hollow".

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by jpnz

Does anyone see more than 5 players in any zone that isn't Orr or the starting areas?

Leveling my guardian up and she hit 45today.

15-45 was just dead zone after dead zone after dead zone.

Actually, not really.  It really depends on the time of day I log in, but I rarely see more than that in any zone past the inital area (56 on my elementalist).

Lack of population for any MMO is what kills it.  Since I have been feeling like I am the sole playing character most of the time, I have actually decided to take a break from the game.  It was fun at the beginning, but I play these games for the journey of leveling up with others.  If there is no one around, I'd rather play something else.

GW2's greatest feature was that it had a decent population for all zones at one time.  Now that that is gone, I don't really enjoy the game enough to play it.

Edit:

In the end. I enjoyed this game.  For me, keeping all my expectations in check and doing very little research about the game allowed me to enjoy it for what it was.  As soon as I stopped shoeboxing it into the MMORPG category, and thought of it more like an action game, I really found myself able to let go and have a good romp.

Like any game, it has its downs, it has its ups.  In the end, no videogame has ever set me back financially, so sub costs weren't really an issue either way.  What mattered was that I had fun.  For that, I am thankful for my experience in the game.

ANET -

Some called me a hater and some still do, but I do want to thank you for this game.  Your efforts and time spent were much appreciated.

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Yesterday I was in Frostgorge and when doing the area underground I saw only 2 players beside me there and on the outside. It is becoming harder to do any event now in any area that is not Orr, LA or Lost shores.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• HonkieHonkie Member Posts: 152

I'm already done with it.  I haven't logged in even once since the patch went live.  Just logging in and playing is providing population for the game, and helping them keep the lights on.  The fewer people who log in, the fewer people there are to play with the people who stayed, which will help kill the game as well.

I won't support a developer who blatantly lies to the playerbase like that.  The level of bait and switch is astounding, after YEARS of saying one thing they change it like it's no big deal when it was actually the key issue that appealed to a great many people, myself included.  Then they won't even face the heat, they just release a half ass reply that pretty much just says "this is how it is now, deal with it" and lock an 11,000 post thread.

Anet is never getting another cent from me, and I'll do my best to talk my friends out of playing any game with their name on it in the future.  I've encouraged my friends to return to their previous games with some success, and I'll keep leaning on the people I know who are still playing to walk away from it.

I played GW1 and bought every xpac.

I preordered GW2 deluxe.

Bought and used gems, mostly for extra bank space, but for a few other little things as well.

Done with anything and everything Anet permenantly, unless they remove ascended gear from the game/reduce the stats to Exotic level/something like that.  I think we all know that's not going to happen.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Why don't you just you know... Not grind the gear. If everyone was so against it, it could be nullified that way.

Personally I never grind for anything that isn't fun in an mmo. If that means I'm slighty less powerful, oh well.

• XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93
    I have 3 friends playing it. Even though I personally didn't buy the gae because I am busy playing another mmo, it looked fun to me. : / I guess I am lucky not to buy it; I will just ask my friend to let me create a character in his account and log in casually.
    Also, if its that easy to walk away from a game over a set of gear then obviously the game was not right for you anyways. I say leave the politics out of the game, just play and have fun. Damn!

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333
    Well now that the over-hyped flavor of the month has reared it's ugly truths, what game will become top dog now?

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• VeryDustyVeryDusty Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by LizardEgypt
    Well now that the over-hyped flavor of the month has reared it's ugly truths, what game will become top dog now?

Probably the next over-hyped mess - Archage..........

• VeryDustyVeryDusty Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Honkie

I'm already done with it.  I haven't logged in even once since the patch went live.  Just logging in and playing is providing population for the game, and helping them keep the lights on.  The fewer people who log in, the fewer people there are to play with the people who stayed, which will help kill the game as well.

I won't support a developer who blatantly lies to the playerbase like that.  The level of bait and switch is astounding, after YEARS of saying one thing they change it like it's no big deal when it was actually the key issue that appealed to a great many people, myself included.  Then they won't even face the heat, they just release a half ass reply that pretty much just says "this is how it is now, deal with it" and lock an 11,000 post thread.

Anet is never getting another cent from me, and I'll do my best to talk my friends out of playing any game with their name on it in the future.  I've encouraged my friends to return to their previous games with some success, and I'll keep leaning on the people I know who are still playing to walk away from it.

I preordered GW2 deluxe.

Bought and used gems, mostly for extra bank space, but for a few other little things as well.

Done with anything and everything Anet permenantly, unless they remove ascended gear from the game/reduce the stats to Exotic level/something like that.  I think we all know that's not going to happen.

If they like the game what then? It does happen. Will go Don Corleon on them? Just saying.

It is not as bad as people are making it out to be.

It is what it is - enjoy the game, play it - don't enjoy the game, don't play it. It is pretty easy really.

A.Net didn't BLATENTLY lie - that is a stretching of the truth a bit - mountain out of moehill type of stretch.

They did talk about different levels of armor before the game was released, so the information was out there. If people ignored that, is it A.Net's fault if they only heard what they want to hear?

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by VeryDusty
     is it A.Net's fault if they only heard what they want to hear?

judging from some of the people that post here, it's Anet's fault if you order the wrong thing for lunch.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406
    Originally posted by Honkie

I preordered GW2 deluxe.

ROFLMFAO

Don't let the door hit you on the way out :>

goodluck killing the game alone.

• OldMMOGamerOldMMOGamer Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Hopefully it's the mass exodus of the doom kids and these kind of post
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Since everyone just love to base their assumptions whether the game is doing fine or not with their friends and guilds I will do the same. before weekend event my guild  had 20-30 players online during the week and 30-40 during the weekends. This weekend we had 70 players online and now we have 30-40 daily. So it must have been a mass exodus from other games to GW2.
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Deleted User
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by cgnius

If you believe the Forums then Yes. However, I used to be able to get into Lion's Arch on my Server without being transferred to an overflow. Now every time I go there I'm in an overflow

I'm not giving a conclusion one way or the other as my Server may not be an accurate representation.

As others have said, people who are happy with the game, don't usually post unless there is a technical problem, etc. People who don't like the game or just dislike it (I will not use the word hate any more) will post because they feel they need to be heard. That is fine but, don't take those posts as the majority of players or anything else. They are the people who want to complain.

Complain away, but pleae be educated about the complaints.

Dear sir thank you.   today is the day I have been on these forums (not registered) since 2004 made an account over a year ago, but today is the day I will be leaving and also you are correct in that post. Happy holidays, see you guys in game.

Add me in-game we will have some fun.

Silk.8302 or Sammy Eli

Creslin gone, you gone; it really seems like the fan brigade is bleeding key members recently. Sad to see that happen, there are already too high hater:fan ratio in this forum. 

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

Creslin gone, you gone; it really seems like the fan brigade is bleeding key members recently. Sad to see that happen, there are already too high hater:fan ratio in this forum. 

That would not happen if some basic forum rules (*) would be applied more regularly. Not blaming the mods, they need to deal with insane amounts of posts every day, but maybe they need to hire more moderators for all time zones.

(*) The rule I'm talking about:

• Trolling
      • Posting excessive negative comments or baiting others to respond in a negative manner is considered trolling on the MMORPG.com forums.
        For example: If there is one game that you did not enjoy, voicing your opinion is encouraged. Posting this opinion in every thread concerning that game to the point that it disrupts all other conversation is not tolerated.
    If that rule was better applied, 90% of the negative spam would be gone in less than a week and only the constructive critics would be left. It's always sad to see good, constructive posters go because of the negativity spamming trolls.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Nonsense, if you don't have the stomach for a good debate, or the wisdom to avoid threads that annoy you, then leaving is probably for the best.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Nonsense, if you don't have the stomach for a good debate, or the wisdom to avoid threads that annoy you, then leaving is probably for the best.

It's more of a problem of background noise exceeding normal discussion (as said in the forum rule I've quoted above). And the "good debate" part made me really laugh when I've read it... the people I'm talking about don't look for a debate. Those who look for a debate do not break the quoted forum rule.

Anyway this is off topic in this thread, and I only posted in reaction to the poster leaving the forum and announcing it here, so this will be the last post about this for me in this thread. Back to the "topic"...

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

I keep seeing a fair amount of people wherever I go, although with best items in 1 single place it is easy to see where most people flock.

I think instead of doing these events last1 weekend long, they should last a couple of weeks, like halloween or like most events lasted in GW1.

I would also really prefer if they stopped adding important phases of events on days like xmas - it is a family day why are they luring us to the PC?

I also didn't like how short phase 3 and phase 4 of halloween events were compared to the rest of it.

Also more work in the open world instead of instances, please.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

DOOM!!!'

• UWNVMEUWNVME Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by QSatu
    Since everyone just love to base their assumptions whether the game is doing fine or not with their friends and guilds I will do the same. before weekend event my guild  had 20-30 players online during the week and 30-40 during the weekends. This weekend we had 70 players online and now we have 30-40 daily. So it must have been a mass exodus from other games to GW2.

It's funny, I've been hearing people say since September that the game is "dead". I just started a new warrior this week and I've found no shortage of player activity, even in the low level zones.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by UWNVME
    Originally posted by QSatu

It's funny, I've been hearing people say since September that the game is "dead". I just started a new warrior this week and I've found no shortage of player activity, even in the low level zones.

I know. Currently running around Queensdale with my norn and there are still people all over the place.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

Even if the mass exodus does not occur, GW2 is dead to me and my circle of friends.  And it has little to do with the introduction of the gear grind treadmill mechanic because my friends and I can do that with the best of them in games that advertise and market themselves as such, so as to make it perfectly clear to the consumer what it is they are paying to play. 

Anet, on the other hand, preached heavily against gear grinding and hamster treadmills throughout its entire development period, and specifically marketed themselves as the "anti-gear grind game," only to do a quick 180 "switch & bait" just two monts after release and introduce exactly what they had preached against for years.  This they did without warning, and only AFTER squeezing every last penny they could squeeze out of their long time loyal fan base, many who had been supporting Anet for years specifically because of their anti-gear grind philosophy.  

And please don't get it twisted.  This is not about whining or crying.  I am fully aware that its their game and, as such, they are entitled to do with it as they please.  What this is about, however, is principle.  My friends and I absolutely refuse to support a company that engages in such deceptive, shameful, and frankly, despicable practices.

Enjoy your treadmill.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Want to R E A L L Y exprience grinding...try crafting.Key item you need to craft  are random drop.So you spend 3-4 hours grinding to get some of what you need. So much for the non grinding claim.

(when's ESO coming out again ? )

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Yep, game's dead so stop complaining about it, speculating about its demise and accusing its developer of lying to players and let those of us who want to play with its corpse play in peace.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!