Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW! This game is a complete disapointment.

Comments

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Map may be larger than your average fps, but not all of the map used. Each area is like playing  BF3 map. There is no difference. Dont see to many people hiking the 10k between battlesites, and each battlesite is about the same as a large BF3 map.

Game is ok, but nothing i cant get from a fps game.

compared to BF3:

Player progession....check

unlock weapons...... check

unlock accerorries .... check

tanks.... check

flying things.... check

multiple classes you can change once dead..... check

camping.... check

people playing fps solo and killing the team ..... check

Friendly fire...... check

grenades, prime weapon, 2nd weapon........ check

no alien life forms, no true reason to take over a base, no reward for winning other than to win....... check

win/lose/kdr/etc....... check

Not much difference. BF3 maps are of good size, and after playing PS2 for a few hours i never realy needed to move to another area. So basicaly you have a huge world map but only a small portion is used. And i ahvent seen more than maybe 50 people in any given area yet, no thousands of players in same area. So player base and map sized compared is about the same.

Its new and all flashy, so of course it feels like it is more than it realy is.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896
    Originally posted by derek39

Your expectations are just ridiculous. The game does exactly what was advertised, Yet you complain.

You got exactly what hyped you up. I don't understand why you think the game was supposed to be like an mmorpg.

To get exactly what you seem to be looking for. Check out Firefall. You should be pleased with it more.

Or Defiance. 3rd person FPS, but  will have PvE in a persistent MMO world.

Erm, edited because he can't check it out yet :)....(not enough coffee.)

• trenshodtrenshod Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

So basically to sum up PS2 its just flipping territory and thats it.

I played for about 3 hours and I'm really disapointed I was really hoping for a great game.

* Map is much much smaller than I expected. I expected it to be a world .

* No safe zones , I didnt do much research on this game but when I think mmorpg I think cities , safe zones and auction houses.

* Nothing player built.

This is the first time I support a FTP game, I dont like FTP but Im really glad I was able to try this game out before I wasted money on it.

Between SWTOR , Tera , WOW getting Lazy , Diablo 3 sucking and now this PS2 crapfest , in my opinion video games as a whole are really starting to suck lately.

I have yet to play but have watched others play and it looks fine. Maybe gaming as a hobby/profession isn't your thing any longer. Venture out into the real world and do something else. No one really wants to hear your sob story how games aren't your cup of tea any longer.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

I played for about 3 hours and I'm really disapointed I was really hoping for a great game.

* No safe zones , I didnt do much research on this game but when I think mmorpg I think cities , safe zones and auction houses.

* Nothing player built.

This is the first time I support a FTP game, I dont like FTP but Im really glad I was able to try this game out before I wasted money on it.

Between SWTOR , Tera , WOW getting Lazy , Diablo 3 sucking and now this PS2 crapfest , in my opinion video games as a whole are really starting to suck lately.

The only thing that was a complete disapointment is clicking on this thread. I hear COD is good for easy kills with players that lack skill.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Onomas

Map may be larger than your average fps, but not all of the map used. Each area is like playing  BF3 map. There is no difference. Dont see to many people hiking the 10k between battlesites, and each battlesite is about the same as a large BF3 map.

compared to BF3:

tanks.... check

flying things.... check

camping.... check

no alien life forms, no true reason to take over a base, no reward for winning other than to win....... check

Not much difference. BF3 maps are of good size, and after playing PS2 for a few hours i never realy needed to move to another area. So basicaly you have a huge world map but only a small portion is used. And i ahvent seen more than maybe 50 people in any given area yet, no thousands of players in same area. So player base and map sized compared is about the same.

Exactly^^Tthe one's here trying to tell me PS2 is more mmofps than any other FPS recently released is full of delusions

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

it's three whole continents and growing, doubt you saw it all. most likely you just didnt find the continent change terminal ^^

sure it has, your warpgate. you can only be shot by morons there :P your own teammates.

* Nothing player built.

so? they already said player bases wont be in for lunch, and no one expected em to be in.

so, this is how it sounds when you support a game? chripes, i dont wanna see you flame a game :>

correct, it's always good to end a statement with a completely unbiased and logical conclusion  *G*

oh you...

sounds like you expected monopoly while buying chess here. (not saying PS2 is the equivalent of chess. just naming 2 different games)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

* Nothing player built.

at least its free... and not pay2win ;)

its p2w

before you are able to buy all the upgrades and stuff

a guy who paid already have best weapons, armor, +25% more hp and kill you with 3 bullets :)

when you need to put full magazine into him

not mentioning alot of bugs like screen flickering, texture dissapearing, porting enemies, tanks etc

and random fps drop to 1fps

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Planetside 2 = MMOFPS

Firefall =  MMORPG FPS

Maybe you should try Firefall? its f2p. It has a world with missions and other traditional mmorpg features.

PLanetside is basically battlefield 3 only 10 times the size.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

* Nothing player built.

"No safe zones" 

Each faction has a dedicated base where the other factions can't access. It's the main area to launch aircraft from or setup your soldier.

It sounds like you went into it thinking it was a mmorpg, like Tabula Rasa (R.I.P). Just a few minutes of research would have told you this. Oh we'll. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Originally posted by saurus123

* Nothing player built.

its p2w

a guy who paid already have best weapons, armor, +25% more hp and kill you with 3 bullets :)

not mentioning alot of bugs like screen flickering, texture dissapearing, porting enemies, tanks etc

A game is only pay2win if you can pay with cash stuff that can't be achieved in game through gameplay.

With PS2 this is not the case. 

Originally posted by Betaguy

compared to BF3:

tanks.... check

flying things.... check

camping.... check

Exactly^^Tthe one's here trying to tell me PS2 is more mmofps than any other FPS recently released is full of delusions

1800+ players vs 64 or whatever small amount BF3 can handle... This is what makes PS2 stand out from every other game.

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207
    Originally posted by Z3R01
    Originally posted by Betaguy

compared to BF3:

tanks.... check

flying things.... check

camping.... check

1800+ players vs 64 or whatever small amount BF3 can handle... This is what makes PS2 stand out from every other game.

Well, to be fair to BF3, I had quite a few matches on servers that were 128 vs. 128.  So, servers were capable of handling 256 players.  But that is still not the same as having three faction mass combat.  Was playing a couple hours last night and my faction alone had 1200 people on the server.

• YohanuYohanu Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by saurus123

* Nothing player built.

its p2w

You can only pay for weapons. You can't buy any other upgrades through the cash shop.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

I havent been reading that much about the game overall before the launch, and after playing it I still can say it's exactly what it was marketed being as. A massive multiplayer online firstperson shooter. It's mind boggling that some people get dissapointed here, you should already know if you like it or not since 100% of the game info was revealed before it released. There never were talk about any RPG features to be present in the game.

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395

* Nothing player built.

Damn...Im still laughing at "Map is much much smaller than I expected"!!! What a Comedian!! XD

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    When you said maps are much much smaller..i just rolled my eyes and said  'never mind'. Maps in PS2 are anything but small.

I agree. The maps are HUGE. You need vehicles or you have to walk for a long time. Thank god for instant spawning on many spawn points.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

PS2, I'll agree, is very shallow at this point. It feels like a basic version of the game was given out so they can work it from the ground up. Yet, honestly, I don't see any radical changes incoming for a LONG time (content-wise).

Still, it's a game to log into for an hour or so every now and then when you're bored.

• AcvivmAcvivm Member UncommonPosts: 323

I've been playing the hell of out this game, I really didn't expect to like it anywhere as much as I do. It plays a lot like BF3 and I never could really play that game for long periods of time before getting bored. With PS2 I think the big difference to me is the size of the maps and large avenues of approach that are possible when taking objectives, something that I hated with BF3 since most the maps were just funnels with very little room to improvise.

I spent about 3 hours last night playing with a dedicated squad and a few random outfits numbering in the hundreds taking just one biolab and then defending it. I haven't had this much fun with a FPS in a long time, while I agree the idea of taking objective after objective without end can get tedious just the sheer amount of epicness of rolling with dozens of vehicles full to the brim with troops and assaulting fortified bases has blown me away.

HEAVEN OR HELL
    Duel 1
    Lets ROCK!

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

* Nothing player built.

Its an overglorified FPS games with bigger maps than most other FPS games and higher number of player.

What did you even expect a bigger world or a gmore grand game? It should have been obvious from the start how tiny PS2's world is and how limited the scope of gameplay is compared to an MMORPG. Its a shooter.

PS2 "continent" maps are barely 4 and rather 3 times the size of a generic zoned mmo map except there are only 3 of them in total while most zoned MMOs have dozen of them.

Plus the map design claim anyone what he wants is extremely repetitive and boring. Its like 3 basic themes over and over again all over the map. Spiked with the ever same few "base" buidlings every mile and only rarely some unique features.

Plus the world feels even smaller since the points of interests are all of the same kind. That of an FPS. You dont visit the castle or a groove to battle a dragon and find a hidden chest and resque a little girl from a bear. At best you will shoot at the same people as 10 minutes before.

Plus the world feels even smaller since in general your interaction with the world is very limited, much lower than in even most generic MMOs. Leave alone interation of a sandbox style game.

In the end its just a map for a shooter.

That's quite a typical "I haven't tried it so I have no idea what I'm talking about" response. Waste of typing.

• dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182

* Nothing player built.

Lol, amount of stupidity I see in this post is beyond whatever I could think of.

1. Map is quite huge. Try to move on foot and see how long it will take to cross it. If you manage to cross it while being alive...

2. There is one safe zone - your own starting base. After that you have small safe zones around the map if you control a base (bulding with forcefields - spawn points). But once you loose that point, this place will not be safe.

3. You have huge map with camps, towers, bases, fortreses etc. What you would like to build there ?

SWTOR, TERA and WOW are MMORPG. Planetside 2 my friend is MMOFPS. In other words it's a MULTIPLAYER SHOOTER. Like Battlefield series but with huge maps and no rounds - everything is permament. And it's a VERY good shooter. 

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by BizkitNL
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

* Nothing player built.

Its an overglorified FPS games with bigger maps than most other FPS games and higher number of player.

What did you even expect a bigger world or a gmore grand game? It should have been obvious from the start how tiny PS2's world is and how limited the scope of gameplay is compared to an MMORPG. Its a shooter.

PS2 "continent" maps are barely 4 and rather 3 times the size of a generic zoned mmo map except there are only 3 of them in total while most zoned MMOs have dozen of them.

Plus the map design claim anyone what he wants is extremely repetitive and boring. Its like 3 basic themes over and over again all over the map. Spiked with the ever same few "base" buidlings every mile and only rarely some unique features.

Plus the world feels even smaller since the points of interests are all of the same kind. That of an FPS. You dont visit the castle or a groove to battle a dragon and find a hidden chest and resque a little girl from a bear. At best you will shoot at the same people as 10 minutes before.

Plus the world feels even smaller since in general your interaction with the world is very limited, much lower than in even most generic MMOs. Leave alone interation of a sandbox style game.

In the end its just a map for a shooter.

That's quite a typical "I haven't tried it so I have no idea what I'm talking about" response. Waste of typing.

I have played it for a day now, and i agree with him. Just a glorified shooter. People need to stop trying to make things out better than they are. Im happy its just a shooter, but tired of people saying its the new best thing and its so superior than anything else. Its not, played game like this years ago. BF3, COD, and other shooters could make a persistant world also, its the same thing. Doesnt change, doesnt evolve, no alien life forms, just the basics.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by darkmyth78
    It's from SOE what did you expect?

YEAH! Really got him there!

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• You know what the best part about this thread is? When I get home from work today, I'll be playing PS2 and enjoying the hell out of it. If you don't see the point of playing a game where you overcome the opposition why did you even make this thread? As for your disappointment arguements.

*You can literally see across BF3 maps - from one boundary to the other. Those maps are much smaller than expected or advertised. Perhaps this is the world of Planetside 2, I don't walk from place to place very often though.

*MMOFPS not MMORPG. There are safe zones.

*I constantly use resources to build tanks and aircraft. A lot like crafting in WoW - you go to the station and click the one you want to make and poof there it is. As for building structures - good luck with all the enemies attacking everything you're building.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

I've only played it through one session so far, but at it's core it seems the same as the first one. I'm not sure why anyone would have expected it to be like a traditional MMO with auction houses/quests. Assuming you played/knew about the first Planetside at the very least..

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464

* Nothing player built.

Agreed on all points. They lable it a MMO and a sandbox when it's neither of those things. It's not even a decent shooter.