Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greed and Payments SOE

binkusbinkus Member Posts: 57

i was so pant wettingly excited by Planetside 2

after over 6 years of custom from myself the shambles of their billing account based payments for the recent planetside 2

SOE and I are parting ways

there is a movement from players about the billing and the payment methods and unlocks that makes this game a complete cash grab

i find it offensive to have contributed to it, however i will no longer be a customer of Sony because of this

if you play the game and put cash in you will know what i mean

note to those who try 

never try and change server! you pick for good if you invest cash you want to use again

nerf scissors! rock is fine...
yours paper

Comments

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by binkus

i was so pant wettingly excited by Planetside 2

after over 6 years of custom from myself the shambles of their billing account based payments for the recent planetside 2

SOE and I are parting ways

there is a movement from players about the billing and the payment methods and unlocks that makes this game a complete cash grab

i find it offensive to have contributed to it, however i will no longer be a customer of Sony because of this

if you play the game and put cash in you will know what i mean

note to those who try 

never try and change server! you pick for good if you invest cash you want to use again

You really expected something different from $OE?

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

You don't have to pay a dime in this game... for some ppl even F2P is too expensive 0.o

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• KhayotixKhayotix Member UncommonPosts: 231
    99% of the free to play games when you buy something it is character specific only forget about account wide. So I dont know why you expected account wide/cross server, when that has never really been the way with any F2P game SOE or not. So dont go blaming them for doing what has always been in that regard.

• binkusbinkus Member Posts: 57

For those people who quote free to play

the queue is 500+ people unless you have premium membership, which is in addition to any other purchases you might have and a recurring monthly payment.

you might aswell go wash the car or do the dishes

free to play is a joke, you will queue for an hour, when you have queued for an hour it will then boot you for being innactive if you did not move the mouse every 5 minutes

scoffs* at f2p .. you want to play this game...you ....will....pay

those who think it is server bound - you log in account create character on server - you cannot change that server - if you unlock a helmet at $5 it is locked to that character not on the servers you might want to play with your buddies on

they are turning the games industries into a competition for rapid cash grabs and not about the games themselves

lets hope your server never goes down otherwise you might have to play another character sadly illequiped

yours paper

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Saryhl
    99% of the free to play games when you buy something it is character specific only forget about account wide. So I dont know why you expected account wide/cross server, when that has never really been the way with any F2P game SOE or not. So dont go blaming them for doing what has always been in that regard.

yeah, but it is another bad rep for SOE -again-.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

SOE is a gaming business, they made a game and they gave the client away for free.

You know I paid for world of warcraft and have had to sit in queues of up to and over an hour when mop launched.

Im no shill btw I think there are issues with ps2 such as EU server stability.

Some people just cannot be pleased.

• ConsequenceConsequence Member UncommonPosts: 358

This thread makes ZERO sense. 

1) this game is completely free if you want it to be. 

2) You only have to pay money if you are 1) too lazy to work in game for the same things you can buy or 2) you like giving money away.

There absolutely no meric to your complaint. I am no SOE fan either.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Check guild wars 2,how people are swapping servers there.

i think SOE is doing marvellous job on this one.

Let's internet

• IylzIylz Member Posts: 107
    Noone said you had to play, I haven't spent a dime on it and I have never had to wait for a queue and I am having fun. There isn't a game I have ever seen that items are cross server or for even that matter most can only be used on one character regardless of F2P or pay. Maybe you should go get a job if your complaining about the piddly amount of money game companies want for their products. If you have a job and you are complaining about the amount of money I would wipe my ass with maybe you shouldn't be gaming. These companies aren't in the business of making games to give you a free ride, they are in it to make money. Sick of people whining and QQ'ing all the time about a game and the business model they use or if the game lives up to your expectations. If I started a game I would have my vision in mind and how much money I wanted, that's that. Of course game companies who don't listen to what the player base to some extent fail but so far Planetside 2 is off to a good start. Just wish you would stay in the game though, love to kill whiny little babies like you in games.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by ForumPvP

Check guild wars 2,how people are swapping servers there.

i think SOE is doing marvellous job on this one.

This.

Last thing you want is having free server transfers and have people constantly switching servers to where their faction is on the winning side. /Shrug

But with the cosmetic unlocks I do agree with the OP tho. Those should have been account wide.

LOTRO's store is better in that regard.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Saryhl

I think we can agree that DDO is the mother of all western style f2p titles. In that game nearly (I cant remember any that arent, but just in case is say 'nearly') all PAYED unlocks are account wide.

But if you are making the case that f2p developers are trying to offer us increasingly bad deals, I sadly have to agree. At least as far as the major publishers go.

• vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    This is why Free to play is terrible. It costs alot of money to make these games, yet gamers expect to play for free or close to it. This whole free to play stuff is gonna implode and we will be back to subscription based games. It is not the devs fault it is the players fault. People complain when they have to pay. I dont get it.
  • skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

What there to not understand?

If i tell you, you can have cookies but it will costs you 15$ a month it's clear.

If i tell you, you can have FREE COOKIES but the table to sit will cost, the choclate risps will cost as well as the sugar variant (which is actually a cookie not just some brown mass pretending to be cookies), i bet you will be angry.

Until the whole FREE! deceit dies, it's gonna fool people, including you even. Because everyone switches what actually is FREE to his greed.

Having said that, i understood that the stuff i could buy is bound to a single character and is lost once i play a different character. that's why i simply don't spend any money in it at all - and if it starts to suck i'm gone, no regret.

let me also try another tack

you play the game you have your toon locked to your server. you have equiped him and he/she is special to you

you have invested $200 in a years time, now you find your server is constantly 500 peoples queing for the game... you either buy membership at more $ ...even though you have put in a bit of cash already OR you start from scratch on a server you can get into?

sound fair?

this is not free to play the free players just prompt more people to buy membership to bypass them.

yours paper

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Wait ...

Are we complaining that Cosmetic items are bound to a single character? Or are we complaining that weapon unlocks are bound to a single character? Let's be specific which weapon unlocks if this is the case, Infantry or Vehicle?

I'll wait for your response...

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330
    I a not a subscriber and I have not had to wait in a queue yet.  My server has a large population. perhaps try a different server.

you play the game you have your toon locked to your server. you have equiped him and he/she is special to you

you have invested $200 in a years time, now you find your server is constantly 500 peoples queing for the game... you either buy membership at more $ ...even though you have put in a bit of cash already OR you start from scratch on a server you can get into?

sound fair?

this is not free to play the free players just prompt more people to buy membership to bypass them.

its still better than 100 red vs 1 blue and 1 purple,servers.

And if someone is planning to spend 200$ he should think about that membership anyways,i would.

But at this very moment im not planning to spend single dime because EU servers here and just unplayable.

Let's internet

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

For those people who quote free to play

the queue is 500+ people unless you have premium membership, which is in addition to any other purchases you might have and a recurring monthly payment.

you might aswell go wash the car or do the dishes

free to play is a joke, you will queue for an hour, when you have queued for an hour it will then boot you for being innactive if you did not move the mouse every 5 minutes

scoffs* at f2p .. you want to play this game...you ....will....pay

those who think it is server bound - you log in account create character on server - you cannot change that server - if you unlock a helmet at $5 it is locked to that character not on the servers you might want to play with your buddies on

they are turning the games industries into a competition for rapid cash grabs and not about the games themselves

lets hope your server never goes down otherwise you might have to play another character sadly illequiped

Thats funny....i have been playing on and off for about 48 hours with no sleep and just had to wait 15 mins max in que. Most i seen in que is 250 players.

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

He's pissing and moaning because he can't have all the perks of being a paying member for free.  For once, SOE was actually quite clear on how things were going to work for PS2.  It is a common practice that a character be bound to a single server and if you want to change what server that character is on, you have to pay.  In the market, every item I've looked at (all four of them) has had the disclaimer at the bottom of the description that said item is bound to character.

While there are plenty of issues with PS2 (latency issues, unbalanced conflicts, unresponsive vehicle controls), the business model is not one of them.  As I said earlier, for one, SOE is sticking to their word on how the F2P is going to operate for a game!

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

sound fair?

How about stop being cheap and pony up the 14.99 a month? The game was given to all for FREE, you don't need to pay a DIME!

Man , I wish MMO's were ALL still pay to play , when they went FTP we got all the people who think they deserve everything for free,  it's people like myself , who pay a monthly that make games like this live, people like you make em die , stick to consoles.

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423
    These types of threads always come from those that dont understand the so called "free" to play model and have gotten burned .... maybe im just used to it from playing games from NEXON or GAMIGO or others but with any FTP i never throw down cash on the table unless i have been playing for about a year. 99% of the time you spend the money and then after you think..... "god why did i just do that".

If SOE really was so greedy on this case,they would allow server swapping for cash.

Edit: and people could keep all their items all their upgrades and SOE could make some nice amounts of cash but game would be ruined.

Let's internet

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

If SOE really was so greedy on this case,they would allow server swapping for cash.

Exacly! And charge a box fee on top of that.

Originally posted by Aeolron

Exacly! And charge a box fee on top of that.

exactly!

Let's internet

Originally posted by LizardEgypt
    [mod edit]
    [mod edit]

to others: 

My complaints 

I paid for Alpha squad

I paid for membership 

have the cash, will play the game - 

I am complaining that i cannot switch server with my character: if:

server goes down

server population is massive

server population is 100 vs 2

my buddies are on a different server

f2p is a joke for the guys who want to play f2p

my main complaint is that the billing department despite flaws do not recognise this and will not unlock or refund 700 SC as a goodwill gesture so as a company i am customer of 6+ years for them to say no to $7 which they will get back anyway! because it is in SC!! refund to my account

would not recommend this game to anyone if they want to put money in

yours paper