Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WARNING ! Station Cash (SC) unlocks are not account based !

spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

If you are buying Station Cash for Planetside 2 to unlock weapons or other stuff, be aware that ALL THE GEAR you obtain  is not account based. 

* If you delete your character 

* if you change to a different server

* if you change sides

....all the gear you bought with SC is gone or not available to other characters.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/sc-unlocks-not-account-based.47553/

Comments

• thanks for the heads up, but you really only need 1 character - unless you want to play for the other factions.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Still should be account linked, as are the other soe games.

For new people to PS, they may want to restart after getting use to the game (bad stats). Or as you siad try the other factions.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

The title is a lie.

SC IS account based.

Items you buy are not.  Especially since those items are different for EVERY FACTION.

Had you read the website, it states it clearly.

and since you can only have 1 toon on a server, it makes total sense.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

The op is just not telling the truth.  SC is account based, it always has been.  I buy sc I can use it on any game.   Now once you spend your sc then you cant get it back.   So if you buy something on a character it is bound to that character/toon. 

• CrepitusCrepitus Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by Ikeda

The title is a lie.

SC IS account based.

Items you buy are not.  Especially since those items are different for EVERY FACTION.

Had you read the website, it states it clearly.

and since you can only have 1 toon on a server, it makes total sense.

This.

When I buy a mount in EverQuest, it's only available to the character I bought it with but If I change games my Station Cash is still there.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

With account based, it is meant the player account for Planetside 2 and not other games and of course the guy is talking  about the items he bought. Maybe a missunderstanding,  read the forum toppic I linked here. I did adjust the title.

I just repost the thread I found on the official forums which gets a lot of feedback and is maybe important for some. Instead calling me a liar maybe thank me for warning all.....*yawn*

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

im up for doing the 3 month subscription, i like the game

unfortunately i dont trust the middleman distributer we have been ssaddled with in the EU so will just play for free.

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

Edit:

I see already multiple people jumped on this and corrected, so ill say this at least:

on average, People love getting maximum results with least amount of effort, period, planetside is no exception.

So if people remotely had the option of keeping everything that they earned , a account wide scales,  weapons cert points etc.

When the battlefield starts kicking their asses,  they wont bat a eyelash to hope over to the winning team.

It was one of the most talked about things in the first planetside,  namely dubbed "The 4th Faction/Empire"

4th Faction -    players who faction hop on the whim to be on the winning team.

Anyone like the idea of being able to say,  go to the winning team, farm all your kills with little effort, get all your weapons, and the moment things get "too hard" for them, they simply hop to another winning faction and repeat the process?  With no consequence what so ever?

So, aside from SOE wanting money,  their action towards this has meaning.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Title is a lie and OP is ginning up controversy. Character-bound equipment is nothing new.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Yeah it kind of sucks, I've been VS forever in PS1, and rolled VS on Connery and it's probably the worst faction imaginable on that server and it makes me want to reroll but I already purchased a couple things. lol

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Since the OP's info has been corrected, locking this to avoid it getting bumped up and causing further confusion.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.