Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IMO its just NOT mmorpg, i believe all video game is dying

2»

Comments

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by BadSpock

The Mass Effect series, despite the (what I consider) terrible ending, is a whole hell of a lot better of a game (series) than Dragon Quest 1 and Zelda 1 on my NES back in the day.

I don't subscribe to your "games were so much better back in the day" theory.

I love Mass Effect, but DQ4-6 Zenithia Saga was some of the best RPGaming I've done, especially DQV.   I would love to see a good 16bit updated MMORPG (sprite-based but with all the MMO goodness we could put in today).

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Gaming isn't going anywhere.. Some genre's are becoming stagnant, yes, but on a whole it is sitting right there with the movie industry.. You have good game, and then you have flops.. 2005 was not a particularly good year for the film industry and analyst were trying to find all kinds of "reasons to why the film industry was on the decline, when it wasn't any specific genre but just few mediocre movies..

Gaming has its years, last year was one of them, where sales tend to grow from the previous year based on the quality of games released.

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398

The problem is : Massive crap's Companie brought every good companie like Rare, SquareSoft and other ...

Now Gaming Industry is occuped by actionnary wich want to earn fast money instead of giving real entertainment and pleasure ..

Like sex, in the past we masturbate with mom's dress catalogue, was dangerous and sweet, now need just 1 click then you have 10000's videos

• shirlntshirlnt Member UncommonPosts: 351
    I've been around since the days of the Atari and Intellivision (and I am a female gamer *gasps*).  As someone else posted, check out the history of video games and you will find there have been ups and downs in the market (in all forms of video games....arcade machines, consoles, PC...).  Video games continue to exist, and although their form may change from the graphics style to how they are played to the length and complexity, I doubt they'll go away anytime soon short of something drastic happening.  Whether or not their form appeals to any one particular individual is another subject.
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    I kind of wish we would have and 80s style video game market crash and reset of the industry.Back thne Game Corp greed and arrogance lead to a crash of the market due to excess on the corp part and consumers opting to not buy.But that will never happen now...consumers have been trained to be nickle and dimed and be thankful for it and will pay anything for their chosen gaming fix.
  • Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by nomatics856

I dont truly think its just the mmorpg genre that sucks in a whole, I think DEVS have themselves in a bad spot, they are too focused on graphics than gameplay, some of the best games of our time had little focus on graphics and more focus on gameplay. Why do you think the final fantasy games, the resident evil games are all sucking currently, they are focusing way to much on cutscenes and graphics, making gaming today more of an interactive cinematic experience rather than an actual game, gone are storylines, gone are days when people had hard gameplay and actually were frustrated, spending days on a level or area trying to figure out what to do next.

Sadly I think gaming is at a place right now where I dont see too much recovery, I mean look at games today, there are no more tradtional rpgs, no more thinking mans games, next gen systems WIIU, PS4, XBOX 720 there will be no more rpgs we know it, and action/adventure games will just be an interactive cinema.

Gaming is on life support and no one wants to be the one to pull the plug.

Gaming is not over by any means but you do make a valid point about some games seem to be graphic over substance.

However the companies are giving the gamers what they want. When a fun game like "Mount and Blade" comes out many gamers just complain that it doesn't have state of the art graphics and if I had a dollar everytime I heard someone complain about WoW's graphic I would be rich.

If you don't have state of the art graphics many gamers will just complain. (And while they may not be the majority they seem to be the loudest)

• AlthewiseguyAlthewiseguy Member Posts: 108

I agree that the games being put out might not be what some people want but there are a LOT of people out there who do take graphics over substance and keep buying halo and other modern shooters even though its always the same rehashed content. And games like this will keep coming out as long there are mugs willing to buy them for instant gratification. It's just the market gaining more and more mass appeal. 

Good modern games are still coming out. They just aren't being made by big companies. Of course that will change whenever one of these indie titles becomes a runaway success. Then theyll pump out rehashed and simplified versions of those. Nothing new there. It's been going on for decades. 

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by nomatics856

gaming sales in a whole were down 24% more than compared to last year.

And the market has imploded several times before.

Doom failed to occur.

Agreed.  And I know where the ET Atari 2600 cartridges are buried... 

In a pit that's frustrating as Hell to try to climb out of because you keep falling back in as soon as you get to the top?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre