Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinions?

YohanuYohanu Member UncommonPosts: 215

Now that the game has been live for a couple of days, what are people's initial impressions?

As for myself, it has pretty much replaced my BF3-sessions. I drop in with 3-4 friends, squad up, and just try to help my team as much as possible, and i am really enjoying it for what it is. My initial fears of the game possibly becoming properly P2W have been eased as the only things you can buy for irl cash are the weapons, which seem to mostly be sidegrades.

With the 4000 points i got from alpha squad pack, i've bought 3 different weapons for different classes, and to be fair i didn't really like any of them more than i liked the stock ones.

As for base-capture mechanics i find them perfectly fine, the obvious problem being actually organizing yourselves properly to capture/defend since most people don't really know how to play their roles yet. I do believe that this will get better as time passes and people get more experienced though.

I've had a few issues related to people clipping in and out (playing on a full server), but that's about the only bug that have annoyed me, and i think it's something they can probably fix in the near future.

So how about you? What are your negatives/positives thus far?

Comments

• bishbosh2bishbosh2 Member Posts: 66

- huge potential

- poor gunplay- combat occurs at short ranges because most weapons are too innacurate over distance due to CoF/spread and thus the whole largeness of the maps is wasted.

- very unintuitive system with no tutorial - bad combination. even PS1 players are unable to figure out wtf is going on.

- lag

i havent really played enough to really critisize any further.

• YohanuYohanu Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by bishbosh2

- huge potential

- poor gunplay- combat occurs at short ranges because most weapons are too innacurate over distance due to CoF/spread and thus the whole largeness of the maps is wasted.

- very unintuitive system with no tutorial - bad combination. even PS1 players are unable to figure out wtf is going on.

- lag

i havent really played enough to really critisize any further.

I have yet to notice the poor gunplay, and as for tutorial i didn't really need one to figure it out. Of course, the latter doesn't apply to everyone.

Are you talking about network lag or performance lag? I've noticed a little network lag, but it's rare. I get no performance lag at all, and i'm one generation behind (2600k cpu and a gtx 580)

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

- Performance issues (there is a new nvidia beta driver up since 19.11 - need to try that out for my GTX680)
    - EU server lag sometimes
    - People running off right after accepting your rez (with 30% hp...) and resulting in two rezzes, or me getting killed trying to heal them while they run into the firing line.
    - no preview for skin patterns, results are different than they should.
    - People and vehicles disappearing / appearing to late since the game trys to limit the visibly range dynamical for everyone, sometimes you can see people on the open field and they can not see you. Or the other way around resulting in free kills.

+ Love the wapon handling, there is a difference to each weapon, upgrades are noticeable.
    + Love the flight model for Galaxy
    + Dynamic night and day
    + many hotspots at once (with a healthy server population), no need to sit a lost cause out and getting spawn ganked
    + the rest

• YohanuYohanu Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by skydiver12

- Performance issues (there is a new nvidia beta driver up since 19.11 - need to try that out for my GTX680)
    - EU server lag sometimes
    - People running off right after accepting your rez (with 30% hp...) and resulting in two rezzes, or me getting killed trying to heal them while they run into the firing line.
    - no preview for skin patterns, results are different than they should.
    - People and vehicles disappearing / appearing to late since the game trys to limit the visibly range dynamical for everyone, sometimes you can see people on the open field and they can not see you. Or the other way around resulting in free kills.

+ Love the wapon handling, there is a difference to each weapon, upgrades are noticeable.
    + Love the flight model for Galaxy
    + Dynamic night and day
    + many hotspots at once (with a healthy server population), no need to sit a lost cause out and getting spawn ganked
    + the rest

It's interesting that some people have performance issues even with high-end stuff. My GTX 580 doesn't give me any issues whatsoever with everything cranked up to max, and i haven't installed the latest beta driver. The people/vehicles disappearing was what i referred to when i mentioned clipping. Hopefully this is something they can tweak, although it doesn't really happen THAT often, it is an issue nevertheless.

• I logged in for the first time on the night of the 20 Nov 2012. I never played PS1 or even followed PS2 in developement. I can confidently say MOH and BF3 are on the shelf for now. I was able to figure everthing out pretty smoothly - squad up, set waypoints, spawn vehicles, edit soldiers, etc. - all I really had trouble with was the chat commands. I still only know /s /y and /re (not sure what /re is). It really impressed me when I walked out of the NC Warpgate on Amerish - Jaegar server - and a Galaxy was parked there playing "Purple Haze" over his in game VOIP waiting for passengers. I was like,"Right on, brother." Needless to say I got in and went to the fight.

The only thing that can hurt this game is the community in my opinion. The only negative I've seen is the sovreign Scythes on Amerish - jaegar server -  using ramming tactics instead of their weapons. Ramming is just really annoying to me, one of those things. Great fun, I was able to log in by myself and meet some pretty awesome people to play with.

• Originally posted by skydiver12

+ Dynamic night and day

When I saw the night cycle, it amazed me. It's actually dark, the infrared and thermal optics have use!