Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

guns are too inaccurate

bishbosh2bishbosh2 Member Posts: 66

there is so much spread with pretty much every gun it ridiculous. encounters with enemy players pretty much always come down to RNG unless one person gets the jump on the other its completely ridiculous... 

dont get spread confused with recoil. recoil in the game is fine. the spread (random deviation from the crosshairs) is insane. even with bolt action sniper there is huge deviation with makes it difficult to do anything and you need to keep shooting till you get lucky.

i think they have done this to cater to noobs. noobs dont like getting pwned everytime because other players can aim/control recoil better...

this is a fps game and shooting is fking huge thing in fps games. get your shit fixed up SOE.  shooting in this game feels like im playing a regular tab target mmo where stats and RNG decides who wins... have a look bf3s or bfbc2s gunplay and try to model off that. 

Comments

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    I haven't experienced anything like what you've posted and I've been playing Planetside 2 since very early beta. 

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by Omali
    I haven't experienced anything like what you've posted and I've been playing Planetside 2 since very early beta. 

I've had no problems either. I've been playing mostly engi but haven't had to much problems taking down enemies. I did pick up a new scope and grip so maybe that's why.

• iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

Was in the PS Vet Tech Test, there we had major issues with CoF Spread outside of the actual crosshair. However currently it seems fine, and most people in my outfit have not complained either. However, I will say, could be lag related, maybe?

Also when playing heavy, especially as NC and TR, you do need to keep your eye on bursting and not full auto'ing as the spread is unreal. But this is "realistic" according to physics as you can't fire a modern machine gun without bursting unless you feel like hitting something 20-30feet on the side of where you are aiming.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    I'm also willing to put on the table that the OP got a thorough shellacking and came here to complain that it's the game that is unfair and not that being good at Battlefield doesn't translate to Planetside 2. 

• EwanisEwanis Member UncommonPosts: 39
    All fine with the shooting in Planetside 2, no need to change anything.
  • Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    coudnt get into this game...felt like it had no direction....i have more fun getting my ass handed to me in BF3....
  • infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by bishbosh2
    the spread (random deviation from the crosshairs) is insane. even with bolt action sniper there is huge deviation with makes it difficult to do anything and you need to keep shooting till you get lucky.

Um....are you sure you where using the bolt action rifle? It has drop and it barely is much at all & it has markers too. One head shot kills and the only time you need to use the dots is at really far shots & its barely any unless you got the supressor on. I think you need to practice some more.

• VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Didn't get in a huge amount of beta play as my PC seems to hate the game but watching some of the vids I can only recommend you practice more, some people are pretty bloody accurate already. Planetside 1 had an awful cone of fire system but most people still turned into absolute demons with time and if anyone can be accurate with that crappy engine, this should be a cakewalk.  
  • zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Woot?? Have  over 500 kills with my sniper,  are u sure it is not your hand and bad eye maybe?
  • bishbosh2bishbosh2 Member Posts: 66

to the people who have no idea what im talking about. 

1. spawn as light assault

2. aim down sight and point at some hill far away

3. fire off some single shots giving enough time for the crosshair to settle

4. observe the fking huge deviation

the result of this is combat is restricted to close range

also my KDR is ~3:1 but i have no idea what im doing thanks to the unintuitive map

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

there is so much spread with pretty much every gun it ridiculous. encounters with enemy players pretty much always come down to RNG unless one person gets the jump on the other its completely ridiculous... 

dont get spread confused with recoil. recoil in the game is fine. the spread (random deviation from the crosshairs) is insane. even with bolt action sniper there is huge deviation with makes it difficult to do anything and you need to keep shooting till you get lucky.

i think they have done this to cater to noobs. noobs dont like getting pwned everytime because other players can aim/control recoil better...

this is a fps game and shooting is fking huge thing in fps games. get your shit fixed up SOE.  shooting in this game feels like im playing a regular tab target mmo where stats and RNG decides who wins... have a look bf3s or bfbc2s gunplay and try to model off that. 

i saw a video link on their client login that explains what you need to do..i dont know if that will explain to you .something about kickback i believe..it tells you how to compensate.not sure if this is what you mean.hope it helps if it is.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

The SOB's that keep killing me seem to be shooting stright enough !

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

The SOB's that keep killing me seem to be shooting stright enough !

Gotta agree with this

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

There are weapon upgrades that reduce the spread, and there are better weapons for unlock with higher default accuracy. (durrr)

Tips for shooting straight.

1. stand still the splitsecond you shoot, moving will jaw your shoot and reduce accuracy.
    2. crouching will increase accuracy and reduce spreading when bursting
    3. Tap (click) each shoot instead of holding the mouse till the clip is empty.
    4. Double tap shooting mode (on selected weapons) or manual double tap for maximum efficency.

BF3 guns are way to accurate and require zero skill. Medic Heavy mg "sniper" says hello. BF3 plays like some cheap arcade game, aside from slight balistics you exactly hit where you point which is for noobs. Even BF3 gives you pretty much crap accuracy (for battlefield) compared to later ones on the beginner weapons.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Try NC weapons, you will feel the recoil.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

lies

/thread

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

maybe you just need to aim better ^^

or maaaaybe, just maybe, try to NOT press that fire button for 30 mins :P

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Yeah, you might be right about shooting the mountain in the distance - but I'm carrying a carbine as an engineer, I'm not engaging targets at more than 200 meters or so. If i'm doing any distant shooting I go with a bolt action or vehicle. I don't know, I'm trying to give you the benefit here - but this seems like a troll thread. I'm seeing - "Hey, if you point at a distant object and hold the trigger not every bullet hits the crosshair" .... I don't see the problem.
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Yes certain guns has bad CoF, but the medic gun seems to be the most accurate aside the sniper ones. I've been able to pick people off from a good distance as medic when I wasn't able to on other classes, supposedly the engineer (my favorite class) should be good at range too but it isn't, perhaps I should shop for a new gun with certs or SC for engineer.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by Volenibblets
    Planetside 1 had an awful cone of fire system
    Oh yes but it was pretty clear with a big orange circle that grew on each shot you fired, there's no indicator in PS2 on the spread.

reading through the responses in this thread and i dont know what to say.majority of you do not understand the difference between recoil/kick and spread(innaccuracy, deviation whatever) and seem not to understand what i am talking about.

recoil is when your crosshair moves up and side to side. the bullets still shoot where the crosshair is pointing. recoil is good as long as the recoil pattern are not random and hence can be compensated for by skillful mouse movements. one of the reasons CS 1.6 was a suitable for being an esport was because the guns had predicatable recoil patterns.

spread is when the bullets do not shoot where the crosshair is pointing. this promotes luck based gameplay where your essentially spray and pray that the RNG god gives your a nice spread. 

most fps games have both recoil and spread. planetside has too much spread. 

• Originally posted by bishbosh2

reading through the responses in this thread and i dont know what to say.majority of you do not understand the difference between recoil/kick and spread(innaccuracy, deviation whatever) and seem not to understand what i am talking about.

recoil is when your crosshair moves up and side to side. the bullets still shoot where the crosshair is pointing. recoil is good as long as the recoil pattern are not random and hence can be compensated for by skillful mouse movements. one of the reasons CS 1.6 was a suitable for being an esport was because the guns had predicatable recoil patterns.

spread is when the bullets do not shoot where the crosshair is pointing. this promotes luck based gameplay where your essentially spray and pray that the RNG god gives your a nice spread. 

most fps games have both recoil and spread. planetside has too much spread. 

Okay - I haven't noticed any spread while engaging enemies at 50-100 meters then. I haven't really been in any infantry fire fights at long range.

• YohanuYohanu Member UncommonPosts: 215

I haven't seen this issue really. I play as light assault mostly, utilizing the weapon you got with alpha squad (can't remember the name), and a 1x NV-scope. I find that hitting targets up to 100 metres away isn't particularily hard at all.

That said, i haven't experimented too much with other classes/weapons.

Originally posted by jonesing22
    Yeah, you might be right about shooting the mountain in the distance - but I'm carrying a carbine as an engineer, I'm not engaging targets at more than 200 meters or so. If i'm doing any distant shooting I go with a bolt action or vehicle. I don't know, I'm trying to give you the benefit here - but this seems like a troll thread. I'm seeing - "Hey, if you point at a distant object and hold the trigger not every bullet hits the crosshair" .... I don't see the problem.

there is no way the carbines are effective  past even 50 metres dude. i think you are exaggerating way too much unless you are talking about ingame metres?(i have no idea how long ingame metres are but spread is way too much) what . you can kill people from far away but it takes a lot of ammo and time because of the spread- and dont say i need to l2p-- no matter how good you are you cant compensate for spread..... most carbines IRL can engage targets 300m , i have no idea why the range is small in this game....

im not trolling. just have play of bf3 or any other large scale shooter and compare the spread. planetside2 has huge spread.

• iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

Sorry OP, but you must not be aiming and controlling your fire. Also don't forget, this is not BF3/COD where the max players you have on a map are 64players. This is a large scale warfare game just like it's predecessor and WWII Online: BE. There's going to be server and client side hick ups. Especially this early in the game, different player regions will experience more severe or less of this. And yes, I do know the difference between spread and COF. Luckily myself and my entire outfit appear to not be experiencing what you are experiencing, then again, we come from years in PS1. We might just be used to it. Regardless, hope you get it dealt with.

Cheers

TwitchTV: iNeoki