Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Issue 4: Big Trouble in the Big Apple Goes Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Funcom is reporting that Issue 4: Big Trouble in the Big Apple is now live for The Secret World players to try out. In addition to the Manhattan Exclusion Zone raid, there are some important changes to PvP and key bug fixes.

The great threats to our planet, no longer contained in deniable, out-of-the-way locations, are now going to start bursting up in the great centres of the world. This raid takes place in New York City! All the classic TSW themes are here. A modern, familiar location gone horribly wrong. A nightmarish creature of madness and myth. The world as we know it on the verge of apocalyptic destruction, and a few heroes standing against the dark days.

Read the major patch points on The Secret World's site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Any fist impressions?

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    The reticle combat is actually really nice for DPS spec, I've tried all but the raid but from what i heard the raid is Anti-Elitest. The quests added in this pack are some of the best ive played yet. Really good issue TBH/

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• evotevot Member Posts: 5
    Awsome :)
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

Here's a good primer on the raid and some early feedback -- the entry point for the raid is QL10.1-10.2, and it's a 10-man, needing 2 tanks and 2 healers:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=61839

Also, some world firsters have it beat already, but they did have lots of practice on the TestLive Servers beforehand.  

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=61844

There is a bit of vertical progression controversy about kit drops that can upgrade gear to QL10.5 -- fairness for PVPers, hortizontal progress, etc., but most seem okay with it.

Finally, to clear things up.  The raid is NOT 5 minutes long.  There is an achievement for completiing the boss portion of the raid in 5 minutes (QL10.4 gear probably needed).  And based on feedback so far, that WILL be a challenge.  As of now, no one has done it.