Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gpotato is the WORST COMPANY by far- DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME

ratnoratno Member UncommonPosts: 10

Hi

I just want to share with you guys my experience with GPotato and allods online in General. I play the U.S  version.

This company has one of the WORST customer service in my 11 years of MMO.

Not only the game is pay to win, those players who are supporting the game (including paying real cash to support the company) being treated like crap. Just recent example of their 3.0.5 patch, massive players are getting banned or their account suspended because the GM screw up their game patch. 

A player has raised an issue of potential recent exploit. The GM; GM Condulus in this case had reassured the community that the exploit has been taken care of. Instead, they began indiscriminately banning all players who have bought crafting equipment prior to the patch and selling them. This is due to the reports that the exploit (crafting items can be sold for higher price after patch) has not been fixed at all.

Instead of checking them when they are patching the server ( which does not take long); they have pushed the blame to players who have bought the crafting items even though the community has been assured by Senior GM Condulus.

I am one of those players. I have spent good sum of real money in this game. Instead of being treated as valuable customer, I am being treated like shit. BY FAR THE WORST MANAGEMENT and CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE RECEIVED.

When I reply to the customer support, I AM BEING TREATED AS CRIMINAL instead of helping me. 

HEED MY ADVICE AND STAY CLEAR FROM THIS GAME AND COMPANY AT ALL COST

REPLY FROM CUSTOMER SUPPORT

" QUOTE

Dear Player,

Thank you for contacting Allods Online Support.

We will not continue to argue with you. You continue to break the Terms of Service by harassing the support team. The ban on the account will not be lifted.

"END QUOTE.

Original EMAIL I SENT

" QUOTE

"> This issue has dragged on for far too long.

> As per previous email, why dont you just admit your mistake and rectify it.
> Rather than trying to find some lame excuses.
>
> Lets make it clear so I and You are on the same page.

" END QUOTE

Original Link

http://allods-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=60547&sid=85gcb14b1rjih6fues2qvskmo2

Player REPORT

"Hello people! I come with bad news and to warn you from European server. As far as I know we usually get same version of patch as US server without many differences so I come here to tell u whats happening on EU server at the moment. There is one item which had price of 2 silvers before 3.5.0 patch and after patch went live its price went to 2golds (some ppl say 50 gold but not sure about this) AND some of our players knew about this from russian server so they bought loads of them stacked them in mails and made MILIONS OF GOLD!!!!!!! 

They were mostly russians since this happened on rus server too and they banned all those ppl + changed price of that item back. Here is proof about that item: 

http://translate.google.sk/translate?sl ... Ft%3D70265

Our exchange rate went from 11golds for 1 gpot to 14 gold for 1 gpot in 3 days!

GMs dont work at weekends and they quite ignored it and didnt do anything with it when we told them..One guy even reported it before patch went live, they just said "we will look into it" now 3 days passed since patch is live and nothing happened! We all hope for rollback/bans to all ppl who has exploited it.
Im sure that some of your players (we have many more russian ppl) knew about this too since it was really easy to find it on russian forum even for non russian ppl.

I hope your GM will see this thread and look at it because there might be ppl who exploited it here too if you had same patch as we did. Thanks and I hope for justice. Its just funny that gpotato had to know about it like half year from mail.ru and didnt change the price at all."

END QUOTE

Quote from GM CONDULUS reassuring community that the exploit was fixed.

"QUOTE

Condulus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:20 am

We were assured by the developers that this exploit was fixed prior to 3.0.5 being released in our region

"END QUOTE

Comments

• CondulusCondulus Member Posts: 2

I wanted to stop in here and respond to these allegations. 

This user is not giving you the entire story of the situation. His account was banned, like several others for a possible gold exploit. This user contacted the support team who requested that he verify that he was the owner of the account so they could complete the investigation into the account.

During the course of the investigation into his account, it was found that one of the gold exploiters was sharing this user's account. Further investigation showed there was an extensive history of account sharing on the account. More than 10 different IP addresses and 4 different countries just within a two month period alone. Account sharing is a violation of the Terms of Service and a bannable offense. 

Then, during the course of the investigation, this user decided to get very aggressive with his language and attitude towards the support team and it reached the level of harassment. This was also a violation of the Terms of Service. There were many more emails and contact from him during the course of the investigation that he is not showing you here. 

Together, these two violations have resulted in the ban not being lifted from his account. We are reasonable people and the Allods Team has one of the best customer service records on the books. But this went beyond what was acceptable from a player. 

• PhlaccPhlacc Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by ratno

This company has one of the WORST customer service in my 11 years of playing the game.

Ok, so you've been playing for 11 years, and only NOW have realized a problem? Because really, if you were playing the game for 11 years and always felt this strongly AGAINST it, then why wouldn't you have just passed on it years ago and gone on to something else.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by Condulus

I wanted to stop in here and respond to these allegations. 

Well there you go.

I must say I am fully impressed that the OP has had 11 years of experience with a company established in 2005 on a game released two years ago.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    I knew gpotato was horrible when they banned me for account sharing, and NO, I was not sharing an account. I travel a lot for work so when I was away from home I would play on my laptop, but when I was home I would play on my home PC. They accused me of account sharing and banned my account, I protested it and didnt get anywhere.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• ratnoratno Member UncommonPosts: 10

THIS GM CONDULUS Has not got a clue what he is talking., THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD.

By pointing out how bad was their customer service, I have been IP banned!!!

What a crapload of bullshit.

I have also reported my account was compromised and YOU KNOW WHAT? THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT ASK ME FOR PROOF OF EVIDENCE; MY ACCOUNT WAS COMPROMISED. Any decent company would have investigated straight away instead of asking the player to show evidence...

Now this GM Condulus has accused me of account sharing while the customer support said my account had be logged in at least by 4 different countries.

You GUYS ARE THE WORST!!!

"QUOTE

Dear Player,

Please know there are no bugs that would cause gold to go missing unless it was manually traded, mailed, or spent. Without any evidence of any issue that took place, we are unable to distribute gold in this situation. Thank you for your understanding.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Also, please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if any other issues arise so we can address the situation as soon as possible.

Thank you for playing Allods Online!

"END QUOTE.

"Quote

Both of those violations together mean that the ban on your game account will not be removed.

In addition, your actions on the forum this evening have resulted in a forum ban as well. You violated the Forum Code of Conduct in multiple ways, including but not limited to:

- Posting with multiple accounts
    - Flaming/harassment of the GM/Support team

Your actions during the course of this investigation far exceed that which is acceptable by a player. The multiple violations of the Terms of Service and Forum Code of Conduct will result in your bans being permanent

"End quote

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    The game is rubbish anyway and you could not of been playing for 11 years. I have been testing Age Of Wushu US beta, i was going to play the European version called Age Of Wulin. My friends and me are going to stick with the US version because of gpotato and GM
    like this dude.

We are reasonable people and the Allods Team has one of the best customer service records on the books. But this went beyond what was acceptable from a player. 

Please explain how you guys can be reasonable people?

When

1) You screw up the game. You assured players and community that the so called exploit has been taken care of.  

Instead, you suspend and ban everyone when you guys screw up big time. Instead of checking the game during maintenance; you guys didnt even do jack shit. Later on, you blame every players. 

Number 1 Mistake: YOU SCREW UP

2) You IP ban me.

In this world, there is a thing called freedom of speech. Everyone is entitled to voice out their voice.  Instead of me pointing out the link to this forum; you try to silence my voice by IP BANNING ME.

Number 2 Mistake!

3) Few weeks ago, I have sent an email to support telling that my account has been compromised. Instead, you guys ask ME to show some kind of evidence.

THERE IS A LIMIT OF LAZINESS!!! AND CRAP CUSTOMER SERVICE. As a result, my account has been compromised by at least 4 different countries. Just to rub the salt in my wound; YOU ACCUSED ME OF ACCOUNT SHARING!!

Tell me in all honesty, which of these are good customer service and being reasonable?????

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I came here to see monkeys throwing fecies at eachother.

I got served.

I did not play this game for 11 years. What i am trying to say the U.S GPOTATO is the worst company that I have encountered during 11 years of my gaming experience.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Pretty sure this isn't news to many here.

Gpotato is one of the worst rape'n'play f2p companies around. Allods could have been a pretty decent Wow-rip-off style game and I actually loved the whole Russian themed fantasy thing. My issues with the game was the whole pay by the hour and pay to win thing.

Have to love a company that sucks you in during early beta with all lovey dovey words then not long after ask their player base to bend over and take the charges in by the hour like a S&M call girl through their Cash Shop.

You stay sassy!

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

I've played Allods for many years and I had no problem with their customer service, ever. 

Obviously you didn't abide the TOS rules thus you got owned. Get over it. 

I did not play this game for 11 years. What i am trying to say the U.S GPOTATO is the worst company that I have encountered during 11 years of my gaming experience.

Ok but you could of just said it like that rather than saying you had been playing for 11 years. Anyway it looks like you have lost so no point in going on about it.

Originally posted by Rimmersman

Ok but you could of just said it like that rather than saying you had been playing for 11 years. Anyway it looks like you have lost so no point in going on about it.

I want the public to know how bad is their customer service. This is also a channel to force them to admit their mistake. I have been ignored even I pressed their customer support for evidence and proof. Instead, they  treated as harrassment.

" Quote

Dear Player,

We will not continue to argue with you. You continue to break the Terms of Service by harassing the support team. The ban on the account will not be lifted

" End Quote

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266

OP is obviously disgrunted and thats why you dont kinda get what he's talking about.

Also, pay 2 win is a fine concept, because it has its followers. You don't sell blue fashion dress to a punk girl, do you? So, if its not your model of choice, don't play it, not their fault that you dislike their f2p model. 

But OP is right that this kind of support is ridiculous. No matter wether OP violated rules or not, directly lying on the forums is not acceptable from a GM or CM. If they lie and get away with it, there is no point at all to listen to any of their words. And then, who do players ask about "is this legal" or "can I use this advanced mouse/keyboard" or any other question about the game that matters? They cannot ask the company directly, they ask GM's or CM's and if those are liers and have no liability then its just nonsence.

Then, again, read carefully. OP had his account stolen, but the company acuses him of SHARING. Well dumbasses of course when account is stolen it will be shared because numerous people or bots will log in from numerous locations (mostly faked by vpns or proxies) to utilise the account's characters to farm or w/e.

Then again, just having account log in from numerous places in the world is by no means a proof of account sharing. We live in a modern world! My friend's girlfriend lives in Moscow, travels to Saint-Petersburg very frequently (to see him), travels abroad (to America and Europe) on business tripes regularily (at least once per month) and likes to have vacations on beaches like Eqypt etc. So yeah, if she'd be playing MMO's she'd be logging on from all over the world constantly. Being acused of account sharing solely on the basis of logins from multiple parts of the world is RIDICULOUS. Especially since you have modern database software now. You can corellate stuff, like, corellate points of access (citires/countries) with characters played, or with activities performed, and then if you see that someone has 3 chars on account and 1 of them only logs in from germany but other two only log in from america, yeah maybe then you have an account sharer. Maybe, because then you need to see the bigger picture, check for coincidences etc.

It really hurts me when people blindly say "you've lost the argument" or "you've been banned for rule violation deal with it" without unferstanding what the topic is about...

Originally posted by IstrebiteI

OP is obviously disgrunted and thats why you dont kinda get what he's talking about.

Also, pay 2 win is a fine concept, because it has its followers. You don't sell blue fashion dress to a punk girl, do you? So, if its not your model of choice, don't play it, not their fault that you dislike their f2p model. 

But OP is right that this kind of support is ridiculous. No matter wether OP violated rules or not, directly lying on the forums is not acceptable from a GM or CM. If they lie and get away with it, there is no point at all to listen to any of their words. And then, who do players ask about "is this legal" or "can I use this advanced mouse/keyboard" or any other question about the game that matters? They cannot ask the company directly, they ask GM's or CM's and if those are liers and have no liability then its just nonsence.

Then, again, read carefully. OP had his account stolen, but the company acuses him of SHARING. Well dumbasses of course when account is stolen it will be shared because numerous people or bots will log in from numerous locations (mostly faked by vpns or proxies) to utilise the account's characters to farm or w/e.

Then again, just having account log in from numerous places in the world is by no means a proof of account sharing. We live in a modern world! My friend's girlfriend lives in Moscow, travels to Saint-Petersburg very frequently (to see him), travels abroad (to America and Europe) on business tripes regularily (at least once per month) and likes to have vacations on beaches like Eqypt etc. So yeah, if she'd be playing MMO's she'd be logging on from all over the world constantly. Being acused of account sharing solely on the basis of logins from multiple parts of the world is RIDICULOUS. Especially since you have modern database software now. You can corellate stuff, like, corellate points of access (citires/countries) with characters played, or with activities performed, and then if you see that someone has 3 chars on account and 1 of them only logs in from germany but other two only log in from america, yeah maybe then you have an account sharer. Maybe, because then you need to see the bigger picture, check for coincidences etc.

It really hurts me when people blindly say "you've lost the argument" or "you've been banned for rule violation deal with it" without unferstanding what the topic is about...

Thank you Instrebite. Thank you for reading all the information I have posted. You dont know how I appreciate your effort.

Yes, I am really disappointed in this compant. Disgruntled is no longer the word. I am outraged. 

This was the only choice I have

By going public and posting every single information I have. I have been ignored, treated like idiot, IP banned as you can see from the reply of GM called Condulus in this thread.

Thank you Instrebite. Thank you for reading all the information I have posted. You dont know how I appreciate your effort.

Yes, I am really disappointed in this compant. Disgruntled is no longer the word. I am outraged. 

This was the only choice I have

By going public and posting every single information I have. I have been ignored, treated like idiot, IP banned as you can see from the reply of GM called Condulus in this thread.

I'm not saying your not right but what can you actually do about it, no about of posts on this forum is going to help. On top of that their will be many more people that take your place playing the game. 

Put your efforts into a another game, their are way better games than Allods Online.

• CondulusCondulus Member Posts: 2

The investigation was very thorough. There is no question that this was account sharing. Again, the OP has not been sharing the whole story and continues to try to spin the story to get others to feel for him. 

The investigation was very thorough. There is no question that this was account sharing. Again, the OP has not been sharing the whole story and continues to try to spin the story to get others to feel for him. 

Why does it bother you so much, why would you come here to counter his claim. Whether he is wrong or right, one fact is certain and that is gpotato our not very good at all and haven't got a good rep on this site or the internet. I was going to play Age Of Wulin europe but after playing the Age Of Wushu american snail games version we are staying with the us.

We don't want to deal with GMs and a company that tells lies.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

the fact you come to a third party website to try and air dirty laundry about the guy shows everyone on this site just how shady a company you guys really are and if you worked for me you would be fired on the spot for this garbage. You are a Game master for a game and if he wants to come to a third party site and rant and rave , it just shows him to be a immature kid and no one will take him serious here. But the fact you come right behind him when you are supposed to be a professional speaks a lot about Gpotato. Also what he says is the truth regardless of what your company says about your game . Gpotato sells runes for their game that gives unfair advantages to players in pvp and some players spend thousands of dollars to get those advantages. As for the bans im 99% sure that about maybe 1% of this population gives a crap why this guy was banned or not banned.

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by cronius77

the fact you come to a third party website to try and air dirty laundry about the guy shows everyone on this site just how shady a company you guys really are and if you worked for me you would be fired on the spot for this garbage. You are a Game master for a game and if he wants to come to a third party site and rant and rave , it just shows him to be a immature kid and no one will take him serious here. But the fact you come right behind him when you are supposed to be a professional speaks a lot about Gpotato. Also what he says is the truth regardless of what your company says about your game . Gpotato sells runes for their game that gives unfair advantages to players in pvp and some players spend thousands of dollars to get those advantages. As for the bans im 99% sure that about maybe 1% of this population gives a crap why this guy was banned or not banned.

He have every right to deffend his company. Forum is not made only for one side and developers have same right as you have . And why is that shady when someone try to deffend him self?? And OP is not shaddy with his post?

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 606
    *Grabs a bag of popcorn and clicks refresh.*

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Multiple IPs doesn't mean account sharing always however being abusive towards support probly made it worse. But I can see here that the GM is immature too so I guess it's goodbye to the account then.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266
    snip

Please, Condulus, if you insist on arguing, tell me, is OP telling the truth that you have stated on the official forums that an exploit was fixed, while it was not? I assume there is no denying that fact, but could you please confirm that it was so?

How do you explain it? Were you misinformed by your superiors, or were you speaking on your own opinion (you sincerely thought it was fixed while you had no exact information that it wasnt) or were you forced to lie about it?

How am I, as a potential player of your game, to treat GMs after such situation? If i will, one day, become a player of Allods Online and will need to ask a question of importance, like "is buying this item here and selling it there considered an exploit or not?", and GM answers me, what value does such answer have if I cannot rely on that GM telling the truth to me at all?

Also, "very through" is a good expression because it gives an impression of something "good" but no exact way to test and measure it. Its like saying something is "very long" - in terms of cockroaches, 10 santimeters is very long, but in terms of a trip you take from home to work, several kilometers will be very long.

As long as no exact facts were provided to anybody, we cannot really know wether the investigation was "very thorough" or there was no investigation at all. I dont demand, of course, that you to provide those facts to public, but you didnt provide it to anybody, while at least the OP is entitled to such information). In any reasonable court, person acused of breaking the law is given access to the evidence against him. When there is no evidence provided, acused person has every right to feel he was wrongly accused, and not believe in a simple statement "very thorough investigation was conducted". Especially after person who states that was already caught in the incident of providing obviously false information.

• ReallyTankReallyTank Member Posts: 2

Wow. You guys are jumping all over the GM but he is right in this situation. They explained about what happened with the gold exploit on the official forums. But basically, the devs told the GM team that the bug was fixed. The GM team told the players that it was fixed for this region before the patch came out because players were concerned about it. Then, when the patch came out it turned out that the bug was not fixed. From what the GM told us, there was only a couple of people that actually pulled off the exploit. I'm glad they got banned for it rather than ruining the gold economy in the game. And with the currency exchange it could have gone really bad (like in the european region...their players look like they really exploited and the situation was much worse). Plus, in the tos I believe it actually says that you can't using a bug like that to gain gold or other items can get you banned. The GMs have said before that if you find something like that you should report it rather than use it. That goes for any game. I mean, look at Guild Wars 2. They have banned for way less and have said way more about the players situations on Reddit. 

Anyways, gPotato and the GM have a right to defend themselves on here if someone is trying to call them out with or without someone giving all of the info. And from what I'm reading it sounds like this guy got what he deserved. He tried to work the system and got caught. Then acted up against the support team. Just play by the rules like the other players and there would have never been an issue. 

• ReallyTankReallyTank Member Posts: 2
    And now that I even think about it...how do we even know that is really the GM posting? From what I can tell he has never posted anywhere but on the Allods forums. If that is him or not though, I'm going to side with the GM team on this just from what the original guy is saying. If he was involved in the gold exploit and acted like this against the support team then he got what he deserved.