Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't buy The War Z! AVOID! AVOID!

13»

Comments

• Chivalry1978Chivalry1978 Member Posts: 184

I was at a friends watching him play this and I would have to agree with Op...the zombie combat in the game seemed less a focus them having to fight against other players. It was his biggest complaint. Due to some very limited ammo in the game play trying to do zombie killing tends to result in your death due to gankers. To me it felt like a dumb down version of combat arms zombie mission with more douche baggery.

This game should not be classed as a mmo in any way shape or form. Though I have been hearing some rumor mill at Horror cons that there is a mmo being developed based on the WWZ book and movie I thought it was this game but was laughed at when I said this out loud. Guess even the horror geeks knew this would be a joke....Then again these are the same people praying for a lovecraftian mmo.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Why would anyone wanna kill zombies in the game right now is confusing to  me. I could run around with my hammer all day and kill zombies and just get some money out of it. There is no incentive to PvE and to much to PvP. 

What poeple right now seem to fail to notice is that there is no reason at all to kill zombies. There is no XP or skills in the game yet. There is also no reason to be "afraid" of death. The loot you loose can in most cases just be found again easily enough and you do not lose anything. Well access to you character in that whole hour and that is only a problem if you manage to get killed every 10 minutes and stuck without a character for 10 minutes. 

I mean yes the OP is spot on, but not sure if you should avoid it. I still find it enjoyable and believe that once released it might be fun. The devs are working hard from what I can tell at the moment and do update often. It might also fail, but I have already got my monies worth out of it. 

• ups420ups420 Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I wouldnt buy a game that wasnt complete. I never understood that concept. Its like buying a car without an engine.
  • cjdriniccjdrinic Member Posts: 41

I think some need to step back and read what is to come on this game.

There will be skills

Grouping/Team building

zombies to drop cash and Items even now in beta - so there would be one reason to kill them.

Game not the best out there as of now, but I see where it could go.  

It is in beta, paying now for it gives you a discount and early access to the game.  If you ordered before Oct 15th think it was, you got the game cheaper than it is now to order it. 

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by kastrix
    Originally posted by Cakeisyummeh
    Just get a refund o: the devs are terrible. Isn't going to improve much more than it already has.

i want to warn everyone that the devs dont follow the europe lawn on refunds. This company cannot be trusted and is clearly not serious. They copied the toa from another comapny, the ceo calls people faggot and the admins talks about how they will use admin powers to kill people on the server, and giving free stuff to his friends. 

More and more people are saying the exact same things... I tought it's not possible but...

Tho, regarding refunds... They don't have to give you a refund. You just contact your credit card company and say you want to do a chargeback because you bought a broken product with very uncivilized support and they'll do a chargeback in matter of hours. You'll get your money back, WarZ will be charged for your money and problem solved. It's a common buyers protection.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

This game is 19 dollars. What is wrong with you people. Best 20 bucks I have spent in a long time on a video game. Who cares if its half complete. It's sand box.

:D

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• HestiaHestia Member UncommonPosts: 119
    OP doesn't know what alpha/beta testing means. /thread
  • uggeh12uggeh12 Member UncommonPosts: 44

War Z is basically DayZ for the Call of Duty kiddies. I used to think the DayZ servers were filled with a massive amount of douchers but, War Z is 10 times worse. If you are looking for a zombie survival game and enjoy a bunch of ritalin/mt. dew fueled pre-teens who just learned how to swear...  The War Z is the game you are looking for.

Also calling this game a MMO is just insane, it is no more of an MMO than BF3/TF2.

• Got_Game_TVGot_Game_TV Member UncommonPosts: 262
    To act as though the game is a finished product is just silly.  I'm not saying it is going to get better but I feel we're jumping the gun here. ;)
  • NilarkoNilarko Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

6 year old account, first post.

Nuff said.

I just felt strongly enough about this to finally post something.

Don't usually hang out on the mmorpg forums much, admittedly, but still this is my opinion and I wanted to warn people.

• negacrowbarnegacrowbar Member Posts: 149
    I don't post much either, but does that make my opnion any less valuable then those who feel the got to spew fanbois criticisms every fifteen mimutes...I fthe OP was his first post and he just became a member, then that would be different, but I respect a person who waits until he really has something to say than to constatnly hear inane babble from haters and fanbois.
  • zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Somebody got pwned all the time :) It is great game
  • Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    this game is horrible! just a down right disgrace to FPS and zombie games...thank god i got me refund after sending that russian a nice piece of my mind via email...i find it strange how much ppl r "enjoying" a reskinned game
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Nilarko

I went there looking for some zombie-killing fun, and all it turns out to be is an FPS with Zombies in the background.

Most people in the game don't care about the zombies, they just want to kill other players.

Shoot a zombie? I might need that ammo for a player!

If you want some FPS deathmath, there are much better ones out there.

AVOID WAR Z.

Quite funny that you think you know what's good for the rest of the world.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Hell, I'm as qualified as the rest of the 'tards on this forum.

I warned ya!