Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: The Lost Shores & Beyond

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

ArenaNet's Chris Whiteside has written a brand new post on the official Guild Wars 2 site that begins with a discussion of the recent Lost Shores live event. From there, he goes on to provide fans with some hints about exciting things yet to come for the very popular game.

Here’s a general rundown of what we are working towards over the upcoming months:

• Revamping all of our existing dungeons (Story and Explorable versions) through rebalance and overhauled encounters.

• Adding new dungeons to the Fractal of the Mists.

• Adding more variation to creatures, enhancing our open world scaling system, as well as evolving many events and experiences across Tyria.

• Fixing and improving existing content throughout the game, and better tying it into the overall sense of player progression within Guild Wars 2.

• Building on the Southsun Cove’s persistent content.

• Adding new Guild content and Guild progression features.

• Continuing to evolve PvP into an E-sport as outlined here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/structured-pvp-iceberg/

• Adding brand new content to World vs. World as well as adding new reward progression.

• Continuing to build upon the story and adventures of Guild Wars 2

Read the full post on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463

In all honesty they need to focus more of fixing bug's and class issue's before adding new content imho. If they really are serious about trying to get into the esport world they need classes working atleast 90% as intended. Also with one time event's they need to figure out a better system, if the lost shore's event hadn't been so laggy or buggy it would have been alot of fun. But getting killed by a mob that hasn't loaded in yet is very frustrating.

So I guess in closing they really need to work on getting the game working as intended, and the feature's they said would be in at release like guesting. Otherwise people will leave, even as a B2P product people expect a certain ammount of quality.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    They got their work cut out for them. No time for rest.
  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Good plan. Polishing and enriching the core content of the game is a great idea. Personally I would like to see Guild Halls added to the guild progression. I hope they do these changes and add new content soon. Before the end of the year.
  • TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    PLEASE more variety in Orr!!! How I hate the undead
  • NewmoonNewmoon Member UncommonPosts: 126

Ahhhh esports, smell the monetization!!! Uhm, no. I see that then hear "revamp for progression" and I get scared. I'm still playing wait and see after the latest announcement of treadmilling gear, such as drop rates.

I already port into Lion's Arch and am hearing -need people for Fractals level such and such (level 7 and 10 just an hour ago)... I'm scared gearscore isn't far behind.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by Tekaelon

Yeah. I was disappointed with Lost Shores.  There's no variety there either.  It's all about Karka. 

The revamp of dungeons sounds really nice too.  Hopefully sooner rather than later.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    I wouldn't have paid 1 dollar to do the lost shores events. Thank goodness this game has no monthly fee. I love the game but worst events ive ever seen in 16 years of mmorpgs.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Fix the D  ^ @ M  game

-broken personal story quests that go unfixed for 3+weeks stop your progression  and defeat the idea completly

-steal some employees from the original DAOC and  do what they say.right now GW@ devs don't have a clue. WvW  is such a mess its hurting the game.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841
    I think this game would have been great if they'd have made the content require teamwork. It's an mmorpg after all. If people want to solo, they play single player games. If the game weren't so single player focused, broken personal stories wouldn't affect most people's progression becuase they can hop on someone else's path, but only less than 1% of the playerbase bothers to team up in the first place.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I rather have them add a few more 80 zones. While undeads do get tiresome the lore really wouldnt allow anything else.

Of course that probably wont be until the expnsion but adding some a bit more varied zones would indeed be fine. The crystal desert with a varied but good desert theme would be nice, I am afraid that they might add the ring of fire instead which wasnt varied enough in the original game.

Variation wise was my favorite the Shin jae island (in GW1),  not large but full with so many things. Something like that would be nice.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846

Oh yay "coming soon - fixing the old content that we neglected in favor of pumping out new content".

It all sounds great but considering how the current game is Im not overly optimistic.

For example, I would be more excited for the long awaited Dungeon revamp if their current incarnations werent so buggy and badly programmed.

• LeviathonlxLeviathonlx Member Posts: 135
    I have a feeling ANet is going to learn too late, just like Bioware did with ToR, that they need to add a LFG tool since most people don't enjoy sitting in a city spamming LFG for over an hour or more.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Surprised to see nothing about 'Cross Realm Zone' or something like it cause my guardian has not seen more than 2-3 people in a zone from 15-45. It is just dead zone after dead zone after dead zone.

And this is Maguuma which apparently is 'full'.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Nice to hear, keep up the good work Anet!

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

No mention of housing or character redesign after leaving the character creation screen.  No mention of an alternate way to handle item skins, like appearance tabs.  No mention of adding in more emotes...this game is seriously lacking in that department! No mention of mounts, which would be fun.

Just throwing out some things that as an RP/social gamer I would like to see.  None of those things would make me leet or awesome, but would add things for me to do and increase the enjoyment I am already experiencing with the game.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by jinxxed0
    I think this game would have been great if they'd have made the content require teamwork. It's an mmorpg after all. If people want to solo, they play single player games. If the game weren't so single player focused, broken personal stories wouldn't affect most people's progression becuase they can hop on someone else's path, but only less than 1% of the playerbase bothers to team up in the first place.

It's not the games fault that people are THAT anti-social.

It's the players fault.

Everything in the game can be played in a party if one want's to.

Some parts are a "must have a party",  like the dungeons, sPvP and certain personal story quests, everything else gives you the choice to do so but doesn't force you because in heart quests and dynamic events you are partied automatically and the event scales on the amount of people.

As about the updates in work:

I really hope that the guild halls will come next instead of later and by the comment that more guild based content is coming my hopes went up again that we might have them next month or in january.

For now I'm excited about Wintersday and what it will bring us cause I'm quite sure it will turn out to be great! :)

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

Esports? Will we get to play Madden against other servers?

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406
    If they can manage to make the older dungeons as fun as the new FotM i will be extremely happy ^_^
  • ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by observer

Yeah. I was disappointed with Lost Shores.  There's no variety there either.  It's all about Karka. 

The revamp of dungeons sounds really nice too.  Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I fought drake broodmothers, champion sharks, champion skelk and each of them had chests they were hiding. I think you should explore some more. Also, jumping puzzle, champion reef rider at the end of it guarding another chest.

This is not a game.

• MaissonMaisson Member UncommonPosts: 29
    It would be nice if they could add more weapon abilities or have abilities based on weapons main stat such as if you have healing then you get abilities that focus more on healing or condition will give dot abilities.
  • WhyspreWhyspre Member UncommonPosts: 64

great post and couldn't agree more - at least one goal of any MMO is [or should be] immersion... that ANet is tolerating game-killing bugs more than a month after launch is disappointing. In addition to zero customer support, my initial love affair is beginnning to wane - she doesn't brush her teeth, doesn't shower and has some really nasty personal habits... Interesting, I can compare this directly with Secret World - love or hate Funcom, they were immediately on issues and within a week, the initial game progression was flawless, course, haters gonna hate so they had little chance as any issue was grabbed as another example of "FailCom"... still though, at six weeks, their product was smooth as silk compared to the buggy crap that NCSoft... err ANet is throwing at the wall... why do I always think of NCSoft when I think of grinder and why would I think grinder when I think of GW2... oh, that's right, they directly lied about their game and are pleased to introduce new content... dungeon grind for the gear [and infusions!] you will need to grind higher dungeons... I see what you did there ANet...

Sylentz - 80 warrior Black Gate

Tschara - 80 ranger Black Gate

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

I basically stopped playing weeks ago now. I thought this would be a game I sunk time into 24/7 like GW1. However, WvW still suffers from player culling issue and free server transfers continue unabated (1x/wk as far as I am aware). There’s been little if any class balancing. There’s still only a single mode for sPvP. All I see is pandering and catering to the PvE crowd. Adding another map with the same gameplay to sPvP added nothing to the game for me.

I thought PvP would be a huge focus of this game, like the original GW1, but apparently I was wrong.

Also, I HATE DUNGEONS! ESPECIALLY ANET'S! Mobs with lots of HP and DMG do not make anything challenging.  I'll admit FotM was a slight improvement.

I’ll just say Ascended gear and I think you guys will get my point. Events continue to be broken and Lost Shores was an absolute Cluster Kitten. Customer Service has been terrible. I submitted a ticket over 2 months ago and have still gotten no response!!! Forum moderation is heavy handed and overly censors player feedback and discussion.

Due to my long list of complaints, that I’ll acknowledge are just my opinion and a single player’s perspective, I am extremely disappointed in ANet’s handling of this title. I’ll be back when the ingame pvp content actually gets expanded on in a meaningful way instead of HURR DURR ESPORTS.

Steam: Neph

• kalcakalca Member UncommonPosts: 47

So many ppl cry and i dont see a point in that.Do u remember game launch date or u ppl think its 1 year old game ? I want big gunzzz with lazersss and big brown bears with horns i dont like those undeads. Cmon officialy game launch was August 28 YEAR 2012 so we have september,october,november wtf ? man cant be only 3 months hmmm ... As i see from posts , so many players have BIG exp from so many mmo games and i can bet that they had Black Temple with blind Illidan on launch day , so blind so lazy so spoiled !

And one last thing 50+12+12+12+12=98 ull save 50% money till end of this year , no game breaking item shop , monthly supscriptions and same old content we played so many years before , but here we have problem with 3 months old content , wtf man or woman ...

I can only say good work arena net and ty for this great game so far

P.S. I love u all i just dont like when ppl dont respect someones time and efort and they surely put some efort in this title.And sry for my bad english im from Tyria.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

its a riot seein  words thown around the forums like 'how it is intended' or  'variety' , 'better performance'...

when you guys get a degree in gaming -then ill take your comments at face value.

<.<

Anet  exceeds at nothing more than excellence!=great work guys!

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Due to over nerfing and the lost shores Orr is dead now, everything is contested and only players hunting orichalcum even go there..

Those just turning 80 and wanting the exotic temple gears are going to have to be patient or recruit a guild to help clear the way..

I am still playing but between all the stealth nerfs, diminishing returns on farming and slower DE spawn times and just not a well thought out plan of execution it is getting old..

The spirit of fun that was in this game has pretty much nerfed out of the game in one way or another, i am still hopeful anet will set it straight..

Playing GW2..