Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warrior Role/Battle-Brand School

Comments

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    Looking pretty good. I still wish I knew more about the game... they always show 5 skills, but dear lord there must be more than that for each character right??  These are just the main skills I hope!
  • LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333
    Originally posted by JayFiveAlive
    Looking pretty good. I still wish I knew more about the game... they always show 5 skills, but dear lord there must be more than that for each character right??  These are just the main skills I hope!

There are five spells per class, but there is much than that to building a character

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• SeronysSeronys Member UncommonPosts: 51
    The more i watch of these, the more i want to play, at first i was skeptical but these new vids are killing it, looking better every vid, i really hope this launches december 12th, cause im dying to get into this.
  • Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

Yeah there's going to be loads of "schools" (example, Mage has 4 schools, Water, Fire, Earth and Air I believe), each school contains 5 skills (4 regulars and one Ultimate).

Everyone will have a set of basic skills too (I'd imagine these would be the simple transfer skills if you played DF1), and you will select a Primary and a secondary school for whatever class you play. However, you cannot use the 'Ultimate' skill in your secondary school, and I believe also the skills in your secondary will have certain drawbacks to using them (ie, cost more mana, not as effective as if it was primary, etc).

Hope this helped!

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Seronys
    The more i watch of these, the more i want to play, at first i was skeptical but these new vids are killing it, looking better every vid, i really hope this launches december 12th, cause im dying to get into this.

i feel the exactly the same :)

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by LizardEgypt

There are five spells per class, but there is much than that to building a character

yea yea youc an have 10 skilsl plus what ever character cna have then you can switch roles for more skills

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537
    Originally posted by Raxeon
    Originally posted by LizardEgypt

yea yea youc an have 10 skilsl plus what ever character cna have then you can switch roles for more skills

Wrong.

Everyone will have a set of basic skills, probably consisting of the 3 transfers, a crappy long-cast heal-self, and a crappy basic mage attack spell (for when you pull out your staff, remember all classes can use all weapon types) - Think along the lines of DF1's lesser magic.

Also you cannot use the Ultimate skill of your second school. That makes 9 skills between your primary and secondary roles.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• BLOBtheTROLLBLOBtheTROLL Member Posts: 75
    IT lOOKS GREAT
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Whenever I see people circle-straffing in 3rd person perspective over-the-shoulder view - I want to vomit.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Whenever I see people circle-straffing in 3rd person perspective over-the-shoulder view - I want to vomit.

Awww, here's a bucket, sunshine. You go get it all out now, ok? image

Anyfrackinwho, thanks for sharing PsyMike. Game's looking better than I had hoped, and these are just youtube videos. Can't stand the wait for this one.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Awesome, really like the look of Battle-Brand, think it will be my main role.
  • gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Well the videos are getting better, still there is a lot more we need to see and digest in a relatively small amout of time, keep it coming AV.
  • UgediBugediUgediBugedi Member Posts: 14

All characters have access to 2 roles (9 skills) then also access to ALL Lesser magic and greater magic.

Then there are probably alot of passive/neutral skills just like in DF1.

All classes also have access to melee, archery etc.

Then you have all the gathering/crafting skills etc.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    I'm intrigued, yet wary due to it's predecessor and the trickling of information. I'll most likely be waiting a bit after release before I even consider picking this game up. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

9 skills only? Bleh.... too familiar to GW2... I miss the days of EQ (blah blah yes I know I am jaded and nastalgic) where you would have like 20+ spells, even if a few of them were rarely used.

I still am interested as long as their is a sense of purpose and stuff (I know I don't need to say it but I will, there is no purpose or drive in GW2 and it killed it for me and my friends).

Dec 12 can't come soon enough!

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324

9 skills only? Bleh.... too familiar to GW2... I miss the days of EQ (blah blah yes I know I am jaded and nastalgic) where you would have like 20+ spells, even if a few of them were rarely used. I still am interested as long as their is a sense of purpose and stuff (I know I don't need to say it but I will, there is no purpose or drive in GW2 and it killed it for me and my friends). Dec 12 can't come soon enough!

I am pretty sure there are multiple threads/posts explaining that you get 5 main spells from a role + 4 roles from a secondary role + all of the spells and abilities open to everyone regardless of roles. Just saying.

thats ok, you can be one of those people who sits still trying to aim in combat, and then Q.Q when you lose hours worth of gear cause the game has bad mechanics.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

thats ok, you can be one of those people who sits still trying to aim in combat, and then Q.Q when you lose hours worth of gear cause the game has bad mechanics.

You have to stand still to aim, or am I reading that wrong?

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

Originally posted by bunnyhopper

/facepalm

• shadylurkershadylurker Member Posts: 47

/facepalm

lol... He's saying if you have to stand still to aim you are bad, and you should feel bad.  He is also saying that those who are bad will blame the game and state that it has broken mechanics because they failed while standing still.

EDIT: We're onto something here folks,  New Magic class: Glass fortress, has to stand still to cast, high damage,movement interrupts... 

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    I dont know what it is but i have no desire to play this game. Looks un polished and unfinished. Almost like its still in alpha.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    I dont know what it is but i have no desire to play this game. Looks un polished and unfinished. Almost like its still in alpha.

I don't play Darkfall for the graphics...

I play it for the gameplay, the seamless open world,the PVP/PK system, the sieges, the real clans/guilds not just mindless chatboxes..... and the most important the feeling of fear, that i dont find it in any other games... hmm maybe in WarZ for a while...

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

It's because they are not placing many resources into presenting the game. I have a feeling it will be more polished than the videos have made the game appear.

• GadzyGadzy Member Posts: 143

9 skills only? Bleh.... too familiar to GW2... I miss the days of EQ (blah blah yes I know I am jaded and nastalgic) where you would have like 20+ spells, even if a few of them were rarely used.

I still am interested as long as their is a sense of purpose and stuff (I know I don't need to say it but I will, there is no purpose or drive in GW2 and it killed it for me and my friends).

Dec 12 can't come soon enough!

Just be glad that you won't have to be prepared to use 40 different skills on 5 different hotbars like in DF1. That many skills just don't work in an action oriented game. But yeah, 9 main + some extras it seems.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

/facepalm

What a fantastic response.

Eitherway, I get what you are saying on rereading it and I agree.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."