Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The reasons most of my guild and I left this game

GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110

Below are some of the many reasons most of my guild (KotO) and I left this game....

* Discord is corrupt, there's an entire youtube series devoted in showing how. He talks down to people and acts like he's a LGM for Blizz working on a game that doesn't need subs. Bends over for some people and breaks SV policy for others, guy does the game so much harm it's not funny. I made a thread over at MO about this but it was deleted with no reason given as to why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbWDIFJPafU&feature=plcp (It's a 7 part series lol)

* GM's who in direct contradiction with SV stated policy play the game and are alligned with guilds. Herius has been caught scouting for FL and still remains a GM, this was confirmed by both Discord and Theia. I made a thread over at MO about this but it was deleted with no reason given as to why.

* A dev team that only communicates when it wants something. We were screaming out for info and communication regarding the last fail expansion for at least 2 months. Theia was the only person involved with SV who gave us the time of day. Funny enough though the day Donations became a thing Henrik and co became uber active on the boards and happy to talk about anything.... anything that didn't involve exposing cheaters or known exploits that needed fixes. I made a thread over at MO about this but it was deleted with no reason given as to why.

* Constant lying from Henrik himself in regards to content and patches. I'm sure we can all forgive the old "over promise under deiver" policy most mmo devs have but Henrik takes it to a whole new level. We were promised vet rewards "very soon" 2 years ago and finally they just made it into game, vet rewards are capes lol yep capes. I made a thread over at MO about this but it was deleted with no reason given as to why.

* Unprofessionalism redefined. We probably should've known from launch when we signed an EULA copied directly from EVE. Or maybe when a kid used access he was given from Discord to bring the whole server down and gain access to the entire playerbases credit card details ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La9iJyzuOqU ). Or when it became apparent Henrik has no clue what he's doing making an MMO and is only in the position to do so because daddy is throwing money at him. Or when every event run ends in a cluster#@%$ making it pretty clear even devs can't control the crappy game they've created. Or when patches bring more bugs than they fix. Or when every complaint or negative feedback made about the game was put down to "Oh they're just old AQ that are butturt or those trolls from mmorpg who just hate us". I made a thread over at MO about this but it was deleted with no reason given as to why.

Call this thread a butthurt ex MO player if you like, I'm sure most MO fanboys will it's what they do. Google Mortal Online review, it's not just mmorpg or ex KotO or ex AQ members that crap on the game... it's nearly everyone that's ever been unfortunate enough to try it.

Comments

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Originally posted by Crydex

Imagine how great MO could be if someone just emulated it?  A game where SV had no influence.

God I know it would be great. I actually stayed subbed for about a year while not playing, stupid I know. I told myself "If MO can at least mildly succeed maybe a good game developer will take notice and make a game of the same ilk. I and so many others I know had so much goodwill towards MO and SV, all of which has disappeared. I remember BETA was so active and great people everywhere of all play types. What's left now are a handful of RPK's who use GM's to scout, exploits to fight and dupes to farm.

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    These are the SAME exact reasons why I left MO.  Well spoken, good to see information exposing the truth of this company.  
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

this isnt you again russian is it???

Or maybe when a kid used access he was given from Discord to bring the whole server down and gain access to the entire playerbases credit card details ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La9iJyzuOqU )

^^ you're so wrong on this information its rather amusing, but continue talking about something you know little about.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by deathshroud

Or maybe when a kid used access he was given from Discord to bring the whole server down and gain access to the entire playerbases credit card details ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La9iJyzuOqU )

^^ you're so wrong on this information its rather amusing, but continue talking about something you know little about.

Your post adds nothing but the usual MO fanboy reply "You have a vendetta". Yep every reviwer, everyone on mmorpg and 95% of the people that played and left MO have a hidden agenda. If you want to provide a counter point of view please do so but your reply contains nothing more than false accusations and petty insinuations..... wait.... this isn't you again Discord is it???

Everything I claimed I've provided proof about, posts were made and PM's sent to devs including screenshots etc. They delete them in an attempt to keep the few blind fanboys in the dark and it works to an extent, as you can see above.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Well said OP. I've seen some of your posts at the official forums and it's funny how you've been hated on by the zealots just for stating facts and asking legitimate questions.

Still, you seem like a reasonable person so I gotta ask: why did it take you so long to leave? The stuff in your post have all been well known for years now.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    This game is still alive? Im shocked to be honest, nothing in beta ever made me or most think it would be worth a grain of salt, but if you got money to throw away from daddy, I guess it doesn't matter. Well at least you can say that he made a game he thought was a good MMO (as so many say to do all the time in the forums here) and he played god. Guess he got what was coming to him, to be perfectly honest OP, I am suprised you stayed in as long as you have. Even me, one of the biggest "it will never happen" darkfall won't happen guys, actually ate my own on that one and in the end the game was at least playable. Thou the hacks where crazy, it was still playable and fun at times is way better then what I ever seen in mortal.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

Originally posted by Biskop

Well said OP. I've seen some of your posts at the official forums and it's funny how you've been hated on by the zealots just for stating facts and asking legitimate questions.

Still, you seem like a reasonable person so I gotta ask: why did it take you so long to leave? The stuff in your post have all been well known for years now.

Thanks mate. I've always tried to be constructive over there, even when posting about the negatives I've tried to provide solutions etc. Even when I called for Discord to step down I suggested Theia take over :p

Your question is a great one, a lesson learnt is all I can say :( I followed the game from Alpha, pre-ordered and was active from BETA Block B. I was so excited a sandbox with the vision talked about back then was coming. I ran with Variance in BETA and had a blast, combat was tight and great pvp was going on daily.

I stopped playing shortly after release because it really was unplayable with so many bugs. I kept my sub active in support giving them the benefit of the doubt and hoping they could grow. I returned for Dawn and found game was still badly broken and community was heading downhill with alot of helpful friendly people and guilds having left. I left again shortly after and returned after Awakening. Community had really dwindled but the game had improved bug wise alot, bugs were still everywhere but not every minute and game breaking like before.

Returning full time after Awakening I first got to see what SV and Discord were all about. I heard alot of negative talk but ignored most of it and judged with my own eyes. What I witnessed those months after was the worst experience I've ever had with a game or it's devs. Far too many issues to go into detail here although a few I listed in OP and I'll mention one now for laughs....

One of the worst cases I remember was a friend being ganked by some guys outside Meduli. He had his house key with him and very exp mats but the house was near the Jungle and not in his name so there was no risk of them raiding it before he could log onto an alt and make new locks. 5 minutes later when he relogged on alt the whole house was looted, the guys who ganked him took the key and rode directly to the house somehow miraculously knowing which it was. They also appeared coincidently right after he withdrew exp mats from the bank. Considering Meduli was a ghost town at that time we found it strange and reported it on our TS and in IRC. On TS we had an ex GM tell us Herius and a few other GMs had been caught scouting on their GM accounts for their friends a few times and been warned and one even relieved of his duties. On IRC we had Theia tell us exactly the same thing, we were just stunned, did I forget to mention the guys who ganked him were part of FL the alliance that GM Herius plays with? The game had no more than 100 people in it and a GM was ghost scouting for his friends. Theia told us to report it but the friend of mine who it happened to just uninstalled and unsubbed. I stupidly stuck around for another month of fail before I realised there was absolutely no hope.

I've been humbled by the experience to say the least.

Well glad to see you come out.  I have mates who still play.  They like to complain to me when shit doesn't work or they get exploited or treated unfairly by GMs.  I am to the point of not even caring.  Anyone still hanging around despite the facts should be used to the fact that it is a bad flawed game and just quit.  Personally, I can't play a game that constantly annoys me each day.  

Btw deathshroud, Genadi is in no way Russian.  That video doesn;t help SVs case though lol.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by deathshroud

Are you the new community manager or what? You seem to change your mind concerning MO very often and that aint funny anymore. If you wanna share info and led some light into that incident do so. If not claiming others are clueless and you know everything is just wrong. Equally wrong with the fact that AQ had afiliations with GM's, devs and Henrik himself. I hope you can understant that aint something that honors you rather than a shame for you and SV's failed crew.

To OP: The things you mentioned are pretty much the same reasons that lead to every single gamer tried or played MO to leave it sooner or later. Personally i was naive as you and did give them more than once chances to change things concerning the developement of the game and the customer care services, moderation, in game support. It was a mistake obviously. Cant say that i regret it though since i ve made a lot of awesome people in game and enjoyed my staying not cause of the game itself but cause of a part of the playerbase used to play with. Its a fact that MO and SV burns out their playerbase and leaves a very bad taste in their mouth.

• CaptainObviousCaptainObvious Member UncommonPosts: 43

This is the reason I quit and pretty much everyone I know has quit. 

There is not much that I can add to the original post however perhaps I can shed a bit on light on a few of the points.

Firstly, GM Herius is a player within the FL community. His previous name was Sweed and he was part of Elysium. He broke off to play with the same people who are now in RLC (Part of the FL alliance) and still has more than regular contact with them. He has been caught scouting for them on several occasions and this has been admitted by Discord but not dealt with.

AQ during the end of their reign did not have great communication with the GMs as many people think. They were actually pretty much in the same situation that KotO was near the end. Shunned by the GM team and pretty much pushed out of the game by shady GM practices. 

It is true however that AQ did get ahold of Discords account details and logged into the game to take vengence on the server. It is a shame the game did not die there and then to be honest. 

SV has had a long history of having very poor security when it comes to OUR account details and or credit card details. Several people have managed to breach it and gain information from SV's own account database. Recently a couple of these 'players' were reported for what they were doing and the GM team was provided with evidence showing what they were doing. Discord admitted to it and the players were banned, only to reappear on the same account a couple of weeks later. (Perhaps Discord thinks we all suffer from amnesia?) 

GM Athanas used to play the game within one of the major guilds. He is about as biased as they come and he was caught out on this when he began liking and disliking posts made by certain guilds. (Perhaps he thought people could not see?) His affiliation towards a certain group quickly became aparant and once it was pointed out the GM team deleted all said posts and very quickly began the usual cover up.

i remember during a siege we had 1 of our guild members go to the aq keep to buy a catapult, as soon as he baught it he was teleported to morin khur and guardwhacked and the catapult was lost, a gm apolagised saying he didnt know exactly what he was doing ans he was new but no compensation was given.

another time we were fighting players around moh-ki, one of our members had gotten stuck so the gm teleported him from moh-ki to meduli right in front of a large group of koto, they naturally chased him and the gm teleported him back just beofre he was killed but obviously the koto members were calling corruption etc and so were we. Beleive that was theia early on as a gm but could be wrong.

During the final siege which lead to aq leaving the game, Members of our guild were killed inside the keep with mats on them since we were being earthquake spammed the players were using these dead players to ghost scout by gonig in and around the keep.

The GMs then banned those accounts at the request of our enemies which also contained our spritists who were crucial for the success of our defence. Without them we could no longer res within the walls. the reason was that they had a check system they can run with 2 variables, inside your bank and not in your bank, so they ran the check on the dead players and discovered loads of mats that werent in their banks.  So banned the accounts. When we confronted them about this it seemed they failed to consider the possibility the mats werent in the bank because they were still in the dead players loot bags /facepalm. They naturally assumed these ghosts were bringing in materials using some exploit that no longer existed.

• sakkdaddysakkdaddy Member UncommonPosts: 45

Mortal Online was fun for a bit, just because there was hardly any competition for the style of game.  But the quality of the game itself has always been consistently horrible, with gamebreaking bugs being introduced every patch.  The unprofessionalism and corruption of the people whose jobs are to manage and direct the game just made a bad situation worse.

The only good thing about Mortal Online was the initial concept, but it was implemented very poorly, and managed even worse.

I think that I could play the game, even with all the bugs, if it was not for all the other crap that came with it. The corrupt GMs, the less than legitimate actions that they make, the exploiting, the duping, the hacking  etc.. etc.. etc.

I can handle a buggy game but when its complimented by all those other problems, its a dead game. 

• LinseshLinsesh Member Posts: 14
    Henrik on racial stats

"On day one when I first wrote my first lines regarding our races in our game, I made them equal in speed and stat caps, it was up to the player to choose their stat caps. Each race with their own unique race ability.
    I thought that 1. speed factor will be extremely or impossible hard to balance in our game since its full pvp and full loot. 2. Some players may be forced to choose a race for their favorite gaming area, but not be able to choose their favorite race. Me personally in these situations are not to happy, since I would hate to be forced into one direction. Now why did we end up having it anyway? Well, for a few different reasons, I discussed this alot with mats and Sebastian how difficult it will be, using my past experience in other mmos. We did want to try it and see what we could create, because in one way it could give an interesting race option.

So our goal was to, try make it with different race caps, and later on we will add a feature we call rituals that will allow players to tweak their stat caps. We have got one step closer to rituals now over the time, that actually allows us to add that feature pretty shortly, however it struggle against other areas that we are also discussing on the boards right now that many players want in the game as well. We can only choose a few areas at the time as you know due to little resources.

So what we are looking at is rituals, to actually allow you to choose your favorite race, and then change your stat caps, however this may be both time consuming and a expensive process.

Speed the other factor as you know, is still under tweak how its dependent on size, dex and const.
    I hope this answers some of your questions.
    "

TLDR; (but still logically convoluted)

We wanted everyone to have the same stats so they could choose their favourite race without worrying about the meta game.

Then we thought, "What the hell? It might be interesting to give each race wildy differing stats".

Then we realised this would go against our design, so we designed in a mechanic that would allow players to change their stats to whatever they wanted.

Except we didn't bother developing this mechanic, because it is complicated. However, it has been in development and we have recently moved one step closer to realising this mechanic.

Honestly. This was the plan all along. Trust me.

Would you like to buy some snake oil?

This is why a lot of people do not like Henrik. I just wandered on to the forum to pick up his most recent post - go have a look for yourself, it's that easy.

• GrikeableGrikeable Member Posts: 5

Got to step in here although I agree on some your statements Genadi, I like how you are supplying links to guilds/players being corrupt, and whining about corrupt GMs when a few weeks back a KotO member was caught abusing councilor powers and got there whole guild bank perma banned. Maybe this is why you quit also couple weeks earlier to that KotO members were banned using cheat engine?, it was one of the main reasons why I left KotO. Tit for tat. I don't see why players have to cheat/hack in a game,. I think its pathetic. You guys just need to move on and go to Darkfall because your not going to get an answer either way from MO, Been there done that. I have allot of respect for KotO but when there members come on here and moan about corruption... please.

Originally posted by Grikeable

Got to step in here although I agree on some your statements Genadi, I like how you are supplying links to guilds/players being corrupt, and whining about corrupt GMs when a few weeks back a KotO member was caught abusing councilor powers and got there whole guild bank perma banned. Maybe this is why you quit also couple weeks earlier to that KotO members were banned using cheat engine?, it was one of the main reasons why I left KotO. Tit for tat. I don't see why players have to cheat/hack in a game,. I think its pathetic. You guys just need to move on and go to Darkfall because your not going to get an answer either way from MO, Been there done that. I have allot of respect for KotO but when there members come on here and moan about corruption... please.

Was unaware and still am of any KotO member being caught doing any of the things you said but I'd believe it. What does a person that played in my guild have to do with any of the things I listed wrong with the game and it's devs? I seriously don't see your point at all, to say I was "whining" about GM's speaks volums about your point of view.

I could also link a bunch of posts from KotO forums of you crying every day about a game you claimed to not play. That would provide nothing but baiting and discrediting you though, something unlike you I have no interest in. I'm on a mmorpg site discussing a mmorpg, if you think that's "pathetic" I'd suggest it's you that needs to move on my friend not the other way around.

In short, no one's trying to "get an answer from MO". We discuss the good and bad mmos here, MO happens to be far more bad than good. If you disagree explain why, attacking the poster does nothing but make whatever POV you're putting forward look contrived and weak... pathetic even.

Originally posted by Grikeable

Were you not  the guy complaining about the lack of action towards hackers/dupers a month ago?  

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5360867#5360867

Plus I don't understand your mentality that if someone has a guildmate who cheats, then that person is not allowed to dislike corruption.   From what you described, it seems that the people in your old guild were caught and punished for cheating unlike the guilds who exploited at a previous keep siege and got away with it because they only did a "little" exploiting instead of a lot.  THIS is the problem with MO.  Some people break the rules and get banned, those who are favored get away with it or banned for a week.  I also believe that you are in a guild with a bloke who is rumored to have cheated for years.  By your logic, you have no room to complain about corruption either.  

Point is, you can play the guilt by association game all day long, but it does not and should not affect a persons personal opinion of cheating.  

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I love it when posts come back to haunt you...   :)

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

LOL

A little late on the account deletion. image

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by Genadi

* Unprofessionalism redefined. We probably should've known from launch when we signed an EULA copied directly from EVE. Or maybe when a kid used access he was given from Discord to bring the whole server down and gain access to the entire playerbases credit card details ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La9iJyzuOqU ). Or when it became apparent Henrik has no clue what he's doing making an MMO and is only in the position to do so because daddy is throwing money at him. Or when every event run ends in a cluster#@%$ making it pretty clear even devs can't control the crappy game they've created. Or when patches bring more bugs than they fix. Or when every complaint or negative feedback made about the game was put down to "Oh they're just old AQ that are butturt or those trolls from mmorpg who just hate us". I made a thread over at MO about this but it was deleted with no reason given as to why.

I got a huge kick out of that when it happened. SV/MO provided a lot of drama and you didn't even have to play the game to get it.

• FalloutGuy2kFalloutGuy2k Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Deleted User

Grike,

It is a real shame that you feel this way. You was as far as I know one of KotOs biggest supporters. Right up till a few weeks ago when all of KotO mass quit and you went over to play with the Quads. I guess this is just an attempt to try and engratiate yourself with their little group of players. Never thought you would turn into a KotO basher to be honest. 

It seems weird that you sing KotO praises and then the moment you leave you turn on them. Also rather weird that your opinoin changed so radically as soon as you joined one of KotOs largest enemies. 

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
    Originally posted by Deleted User

Grike,

It is a real shame that you feel this way. You was as far as I know one of KotOs biggest supporters. Right up till a few weeks ago when all of KotO mass quit and you went over to play with the Quads. I guess this is just an attempt to try and engratiate yourself with their little group of players. Never thought you would turn into a KotO basher to be honest. 

It seems weird that you sing KotO praises and then the moment you leave you turn on them. Also rather weird that your opinoin changed so radically as soon as you joined one of KotOs largest enemies. 

Some are leaders and others are simply lemmings.  

What's funniest is he's gone to QUAD, enjoy your stam hacks and bag exploits Grike and tell Orcork I said hi.

I know they cheat because I was spying on them for over 3 months. Ask NoCry about the pet receipt exploit I'm sure he'll be happy to show you in between griefing new players and calling anyone he comes in contact with a fag... yep that's the kind of player that doesn't get banned in MO and strives.

In short guys Grike has always been this way, it's why most of KotO never liked him and rarely played with him. He was just a grumpy guy always harping on some negative, usualy involving MO a game he claimed to not even be playing. The last interaction I had with him before this was when I and a few other very active MO vets wanted to turn KotO into a war machine and retaliate to the FL alliance that was zerging our way. Grike of course disagreed and even cursed us out for even suggestion it claiming he won't be part of an RPK guild. About a month later KotO abandons ship after yet another dodgy GM incident and ol Grike goes running to the first RPK guild he can find and doesn't hesitate to attack the people he ran with for years.

Makes me wonder if he was ever KotO or just another one of Orcorks alt spies, either way glad we got to see his true colours.

stam hacks?

This discussion has been closed.