Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I run this with decent graphics?

CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194

intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz (4 CPUs), ~4.4GHz

8 gig rams

Aaaand NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

Or am I stuck with running the game on low?

Comments

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
  • CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    Lagging like hell on medium :/
  • BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

youll play it but it wont be smooth - youll gonna have to wait abit til they bring in a couple more patches on performance

In Beta, some had similar specs such as yours, and they went into nividia control panel  and messed with their PsyX configuration

(either they switched it to CPU or to their graphics card vice versa)

results differed,   so it may or may not work.

good luck

• jnserenojnsereno Member UncommonPosts: 43
    The game itself has one of the worst performances ever, if not the worst. Wait till they get their shit together before buying a new PC.
  • CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    This game relies heavily on your CPU. I had to ugprade my CPU (needed too anyways was also coming from an i3) to an i5 and now I see high frame rates in all battles. 
    Originally posted by jnsereno
    The game itself has one of the worst performances ever, if not the worst. Wait till they get their shit together before buying a new PC.

would agree,  we said it was too soon, but  *shrug*

hold off til they get their stuff together before you fork over for a new PC.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    if it runs fine with a GTX 285 you will be fine.
    Originally posted by Celusios
    This game relies heavily on your CPU. I had to ugprade my CPU (needed too anyways was also coming from an i3) to an i5 and now I see high frame rates in all battles. 

Intel R   Core TM  i7 3820 CPU

with a GT 550ti 2gb

i get at least 32-40  fps in giant battles  either in the air or on the ground, while their are machines that blow mines out of the water in specs that only get 18-23  fps.  so it is affecting machines all across the spectrum.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Makes it sound cpu bound. The 32-40 is reasonable considering your card.
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

In beta PS2 was CPU bound and it still is, the CPU matters more than the GPU right now. Although in beta PS2 maxed load on 1 core but now it spreads out a little better though it's only using 2 of the 8 cores I have.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

i had constant 60 fps in beta at medium settings in big battles

now i have 20 fps at low setting where noone around

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

i5 2500k
    8GB RAM
    ATI 5870
    Win 7 64bit
    100Mbit/s

Runns pretty good on medium settings

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360

Intel i5 3.2Ghz

8GB ram

Nvidia Geforce 480GTX

I'm running everything on max, and usually always around 60 FPS atleast I don't think ive really experienced it dropping below 45 - I guess I'm apparently one of the lucky ones when it comes to performance - I honostly had no idea that it was this bad for so many people ;o

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

I am running the game on my 2011 macbook pro, i7 quad, 8GB ram, AMD 6750M 1GB and have the settings currently at 1440x900 and everything at medium.

It looks pretty terrible, I need to find what I can change to get the blurry look away from everything.

Originally posted by SlickShoes
    I am running the game on my 2011 macbook pro, i7 quad, 8GB ram, AMD 6750M 1GB and have the settings currently at 1440x900 and everything at medium.It looks pretty terrible, I need to find what I can change to get the blurry look away from everything.
    Set effects to low.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Maggon

Intel i5 3.2Ghz

8GB ram

Nvidia Geforce 480GTX

I'm running everything on max, and usually always around 60 FPS atleast I don't think ive really experienced it dropping below 45 - I guess I'm apparently one of the lucky ones when it comes to performance - I honostly had no idea that it was this bad for so many people ;o

I have an i7-3770, 8GB ram and a GTX460, and the release client is running much better than the beta.  I had to scale back a bunch of the settings in beta to get a decent framerate.  Now I have everything on high and experienced no hitches and framerate issues yet.  All smooth and seamless.  Looking at my system I guess my video card is next on the upgrade path.

I have a 1920x1080 screen.

What resolution should I change the game to so that I still get semi nice graphics and less lag?

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by Cakeisyummeh

I have a 1920x1080 screen.

What resolution should I change the game to so that I still get semi nice graphics and less lag?

Just try different settings yourself. Personally i'd just leave it on 1080p and turn down things like shadows and lighting if you need an FPS gain.

The game becomes so insanely ugly with graphics down :/

I have a 1920x1080 screen. What resolution should I change the game to so that I still get semi nice graphics and less lag?
    Set lightning, effects and particles to low, restart the game for the "effects" part to take change.

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333

Well you're trying to run on a high res with lower specs... there's only so much you can expect

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

Originally posted by LizardEgypt

Well you're trying to run on a high res with lower specs... there's only so much you can expect

some one low and a couple on medium :P lighting and particles are on low >:

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

8 gig rams

The one thing you have going for you is your CPU has a fast clock.  PS2 has one mega thread that does most of the work and several smaller secondary ones that are off loaded to other cores.  So having a smaller number of faster cores is better than a bunch of slower ones.  You will defanenlty be GPU bound.

I have a 2600K running at 4.5Ghz with a 560ti and run on medium in the range of 50 fps consistently (I have v-sync on so never pass 60) and alt-f shows me as GPU bound (not sure I completly believe that).  The game looks ok and plays pretty well with that makeup.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

8 gig rams

Your CPU have 2 cores (cpu's) not 4 of them.  It has hyperthreading so it can work 4 threads but it is still 2 cores. Instead of 4 cores on most i5 and on most i7.

http://ark.intel.com/products/46473/Intel-Core-i3-540-Processor-4M-Cache-3_06-GHz

Also your GPU is preety weak.

Originally posted by fenistil

8 gig rams

Your CPU have 2 cores (cpu's) not 4 of them.  It has hyperthreading so it can work 4 threads but it is still 2 cores. Instead of 4 cores on most i5 and on most i7.

http://ark.intel.com/products/46473/Intel-Core-i3-540-Processor-4M-Cache-3_06-GHz

Also your GPU is preety weak.

No idea why that was posted o:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz is my CPU