Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so whose built a stone wall yet?

IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

rofl im liking salem's wall building cost over that of haven's.. 1grante 3 stone for a wall peice is a way less costly system then havens old 40 blocks of wood for 1 pally wall or a crap ton of bricks for 1.. plus 8lime 8grante 15 stone for a corner wall (thats built from an existing wall, manually built corners are 15/15/30 which isnt that bad either way) arent to costly.  plus there is no 24hrs wait period on drying. which was fking annoying in haven when you are first setting out to build a wall. sucked having to spend 24-48hrs to get the supplies then another 24 for it to dry so you can actually build the wall.. 

overall so far im liking the new wall system, seems they learnt alot from the screwups they had in haven.  in 24hrs i have single handedly built a triple stone wall lolol which is nice, if this was haven... i would still have 50% to go lolol

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    so you are excited about building a stone wall?....as in stacking stones to make a wall makes you happy?...i envy you so much right now.
  • AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    so you are excited about building a stone wall?....as in stacking stones to make a wall makes you happy?...i envy you so much right now.

Rolf , your post made me laugh so hard , your right though

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

considering how much of a pain it was in haven just to build the weak palisade wall, let alone the brick wall which was the best you could built.. ya im quite happy to beable to build the best wall in salem with alot less grindy gathering.

more so by the fact i did it completely solo. where haven you really needed another person to help at times lolol

i could have asked about killing beavers and deer but who cares about that lol. id have my farmer's house by now if i didnt need dry boards which take 5 real days to make it lol

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

It has taken me a week just to figure out how to make an axe. ;)

Let's party like it is 1863!

Originally posted by Gruug

It has taken me a week just to figure out how to make an axe. ;)

wood axe is pretty simple you just need the lore of the lumberwood skill to unlock it and cutting blocks of wood from logs. carpentry for turning logs in boards and cutting down trees i think.

the hardest thing in salem so far that i have hit, is tanning as you now need "brains" to make tanning liquid to tan leather. in haven you just shoved leaves and branches in the tub to turn them in to leather.  this new way is nice but a pain  for newbs.

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

I started with Salem in an earlier beta wave. Here's a screenshot from my little hermitage, enough stone walls? :)

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

Originally posted by Larsa

I started with Salem in an earlier beta wave. Here's a screenshot from my little hermitage, enough stone walls? :)

nice though from what i understand you should upgrade your walls. given that torches and blazers dont attack people until they commit a 2nd agression against the claim. so they dont fire until they have broken atleast 2 walls. though maybe they will change that code (or have, its just what they posted in the help guide that 3 walls is suggested for security)

this is my current house. the build in the middle is the farm house which is waiting on the stupid dry boards. hopefully they are done today. which would be day 6 on their drying. or atleast 5.5days anyway, then i can setup my mine entrance which is near by after if i dont get side tracked again killing deer and crickets lolol... still kinda tempted to put a wood fence around the stone just for the hell of it. 

• tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233
    I finished my stone wall around my settlement as well. Im a hermit deep in the woods 5 minutes away from darkness and im quite proud of my humble setup so far :)