Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestion: Add PvE for those that don't want to PvP

2»

Comments

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

The only pve Planetside 1 had was the shooting gallery, you want pve in Planetside 2? HAH

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

So I checked out Firefall that was suggested here. And it actually reminds me Tabula Rasa, mixed with Borderlands and somewhat of...what was that one game...made by...HiRes Studios...forgot the name of it...but looks similar to that. But they seemed to have gotten a lot of ideas from TR.

So, thanks for that suggestion guys :)

As for PS2. I respect it for what it is, I like FPS games and this one is a neverending one. I just don't like pvp 24/7, but since PS2 is free I can play whenever.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

PVE in Planetside will not work.

Given the IP's history, the Community itself that they built, and the game mechanics, budget, and time.

putting PVE in planetside 2 would be so tacked it,  it would make  SWTORS  tacked on space rail shooter look like a good idea.

Smedley spoke about PVE aspects now and then, bouncing ideas with the devs and community on how  he thinks it might work.

the closest youll get of anything remotely PVE would be NPC enemies/targets that you would be able to shoot at (animals for example)  or they would be able to attack you ( ancient alien vanu).

but anything beyond that would be a waste, both financially and philosophically -- it would down right be a bold face lie that the community,  the planetside community would not stand for  after  SOE relgiously promoted about wanting things to be seamless and persistant.

SOE would be out of their damn minds to start putting in instant Raid type enemies in PS2,  and to speak bluntly, id rather see a return of BFRs and all their broken glory before  PS2 starts clamoring for ideas of how to implement purple loot into the game-- yes im biased..

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Straight pve doesn't belong in the world of PS.The only way i wouldn't mind pve is if it was some sort of npc alien 4th faction that shows up at random times, adding more spice to the experience and acting as a 'monkey wrench' to the 3 playable factions.But 3 way massive warfare its plenty for me.Pure pvp is all PS knows and that's a good thing.
  • BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by tank017
    Straight pve doesn't belong in the world of PS.The only way i wouldn't mind pve is if it was some sort of npc alien 4th faction that shows up at random times, adding more spice to the experience and acting as a 'monkey wrench' to the 3 playable factions.But 3 way massive warfare its plenty for me.Pure pvp is all PS knows and that's a good thing.

This has been talked about and bounced around,  and also the only type of idea that wasnt steamed rolled unanimously with a resounding no by the community.

me personally it would have to be strictly event/random based much like PS1's rabbit , cowboy  events - that way it doesnt get stale, it changes the situation drastically for all 3 sides.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

I'd rather the series stick to what it's known to do well than try to branch out to please everyone. That's been a large problem with a lot of recent games.

If you are looking for a PvE shooter MMO though, Fallen Earth and Neocron are worth looking at.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Hilarious. I thought this was a Darkfall thread when I clicked on it (as the recent forum post beneath this thread was a DF one), and was thinking oh, man, not another one. Has there ever been a PVP sandbox mmo where we didn't see these kinds of "put in PVE"  threads?

While I do not think they should be focusing on much in the way of PVE in PS2, I believe the OP is right about the lack of some decent PVE sandbox titles. From my perspective there does seem to be enough demand. I'd certainly give one a fair shot.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Not just no but hell no.
  • Greyflame11Greyflame11 Member Posts: 45
    Wait!  No PvE in PS2... and to think I was going to play it... ;)
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    ahaha well played, op
  • EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

Holy hell you cannot possible be serious? Of course not, it probably the most arrogant and dumbest post I've read in here. Nice trolling I guess.

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Go play COD if you want PVE in a fps.
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Cecropia

Hilarious. I thought this was a Darkfall thread when I clicked on it (as the recent forum post beneath this thread was a DF one), and was thinking oh, man, not another one.

Indeed. People no longer simply ignore games they have no interest in, they seem to think that every game should be changed to suit them. Often saying "oh they'd make more moneyz".

No doubt there is demand for a PVE sandbox, trying to convert PVP sandboxes or PVP games into one though, yeah that's a shit idea.

Welcome to Quake Arena: The Pacifist Edition, in which the intrepid player wanders around an arena talking to other players about ponies and sunshine.

Having said that i'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the OP is parodying the lame ass threads like this we see about Darkfall every other day.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

no lol omg wtf >.> if you want PVE go play LOTRO... if you want sci-fi PVE go play SWTOR

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Hmmm, took the PvE content locusts a grand total of 1 day before they targetted the new MMO on the block.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Personally I hop into Planetside 2 to get away from PvE and the general MMO mumbo jumbo.  I get plenty of MMO gameplay from all sorts of MMO's on the market today.  But I jump into Planetside for some good action and fun.

Please for the love of all that's holy, don't turn this into a PvE game.  The problem with PvE in itself is that if they do add PvE, they'll have to force everybody to play PvE, and they'll have to worry about balancing the game between PvP & PvE.  It'll be a mess.  Just let Planetside 2 be Planetside 2.  If you need PvE fix, there are plenty of games for that out there.

For those that say you can get bored playing PvP after awhile, well duh, it's a game, you sit down and play to have fun.  You have to log sometime, you also change games from time to time when you are tired of one game.  Happens all the time.  But seeing that Planetside 2 does not require a subscription, I don't see it as a problem.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO