Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU 2nd class citizens again?

ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

cant log in at all

whats all this prosieben thing?  should i be worried? are they to Sony as what GOA was to mythic?

Comments

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    prosieben is the EU server/service provider
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

yeah i gathered that, but are we in for a crappier service like GOA with DAOC and WAR or that lot that did EU TERA?  At least with DAOC i could go play USA server instead.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

Pro7 is actually a german television company. And their TV quality/standards are quite low. I prefer not to do any business with them.

Unfortunately I downloaded from Steam and got the message on installation that I have to get the version vom Pro7 homepage. Just deinstalled game again and that's it. Would have been nice if Steam mentioned it before I downloaded the game there. They even mention that game is available in french, german....

But I am not really angry anyways. PS2 looks like any other shooter out there.

• eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

I thought it was possible to play Planetside with an old SOE account if you made one before the launch .I tried using my eq2 accounts ,one of them is quite old and no luck ,i got sent to prosieben.Is this a bug or this is the plan,force all european players to make prosieben accounts ?If last one is true then probably I will just delete the game,I wanted to play it but only if I can use my old soe accounts.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by eldaris

I thought it was possible to play Planetside with an old SOE account if you made one before the launch .I tried using my eq2 accounts ,one of them is quite old and no luck ,i got sent to prosieben.Is this a bug or this is the plan,force all european players to make prosieben accounts ?If last one is true then probably I will just delete the game,I wanted to play it but only if I can use my old soe accounts.

Only if you played the PS2 beta I believe. I can log in perfectly fine. 

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Coman
    Originally posted by eldaris

Only if you played the PS2 beta I believe. I can log in perfectly fine. 

Unfortunately, you are correct.

I got a mail from SOE about the release and clicked on the link, wanting to check this game out. On their site, when clicking on the "play free" button, these messages appears:

Your location is: Norway

Due to your location, you will not be able to play PlanetSide 2 from the North American region website.* (star leads to this footnote: However, if you played in the Beta, continue to the North American website)

To create a new account, please visit the ProSiebenSat.1 website for your country of origin.

I knew that EU players could continue to stay with SOE if they had a US account before PS2 was released, at least for EQ2, but I thought that applied for the rest of their games too. Seems it doesn't.

As for eldaris, this kills the game for me too. Not going to make an account with this shady tv company ever.

• eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

Thanks for answers,it seems no planetside 2 for me,too bad because planetside 1 was lot of fun.If is like this for planetside then probably it will be the same for eq next or any other SOE games in the future.

• ZolbZolb Member UncommonPosts: 53

if you have an old SOE account for any of their games, EQ, EQ2 etc download the launcher from the main site and use that accounts login details to play the game and you will go VIA SOE only new acconts from EU based players have to use the PSS1 crap.

well thats what they were saying the other month anyway.

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    For me i've seen enough for me to play PS2 on USA servers where I can use my soe account. USA launch went pretty smoothly but EU day 2 still can't access or download. Sign of things to come ?? no thanks been there before,  bye EU hello USA i'll just have to live with the higher ping.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Hedeon

SoE shot itself in the foot with this one.

This is going to get worse than GOA and WAR.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    This surely is a new low. I csn understand servers full, queues, bugs, crashes on launch day and 1-2 weeks after that, but not even having a working launcher? I can only imagine how support will be. They really expect people to pay money for this?
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by psychobgr
    For me i've seen enough for me to play PS2 on USA servers where I can use my soe account. USA launch went pretty smoothly but EU day 2 still can't access or download. Sign of things to come ?? no thanks been there before,  bye EU hello USA i'll just have to live with the higher ping.

Better fighting too over here.  No French surrendering bases ;-). (I kid!)

I feel for y'all but the SOE launch here has a bunch of G# issues they need to resolve.  I even followed their damned uninstall beta thing.  It's a bummer, and I had to launch the game multiple times to actually get in, but I got to play lastnight which is more than y'all.

why does a massive multinational company like SONY of all people need to outsource its european servers?
    Originally posted by ste2000

well we will get stuff weeks / days after the americans "because we need to translate it", even if youre running the English client.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

well we will get stuff weeks / days after the americans "because we need to translate it", even if youre running the English client.

It seems so far that we will even get the game days/weeks after the americans. If ever. As it is now, there's only 1 guy from Pro7 who posts once every 6 hours, asking (more or less directly) the players to debug this if they can. Not a bright future here... many of us had such high hopes...

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    why does a massive multinational company like SONY of all people need to outsource its european servers?

their excuse was something to do with that pro sieben could give us better customer support Mwhahahahahahaha

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

I'm really puzzled by the whole ProSieben thing. Sony giving the rights to distribute one of their biggest titles to a crappy EU publisher that can't seem to do anything right is... well, weird. They probably got lots of money, but then again, if PS paid so much for this deal, why can't they offer a basic quality of service? It shouldn't be THAT hard.

Luckily, I'm more exited about Firefall, anyway.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

It's not just the thing with having to use that provider, their whole login thing seems completely frakked up.

So I went to the site to create a new account, used one of my email adresses when I finally didn't get a wrong gateway error yesterday or a timeout, but didn't receive a confirmation email. The site would tell me my email was already registered when I tried again, but neither the site nor the game would let me log in (download through steam), neither did I receive a confirmation email a day later now.

So I just recently tried again, went to the pro7 site, used a different email / pass / username and everything seemed to work fine.

Then I log into the game and am forced to reset my password by station: I have to click reset and then it takes me back to the login and opens up the AMERICAN (or the regular) station site on which I need to reset my password.

The funny thing was now: neither the username and password (each totally unique, not used for anything else), that I JUST ENTERED on the pro7 site would work. You should know that approx. 10 years ago (too long to remember in each case) I played EQ2 and I might have logged in to station a couple of times after that. I was already using the email I still use as my main then (isn't the one I signed up for the game with).

So I fiddle about with the thing, I try to reset username / pass a couple of times, nothing works until I use my old email to request a username, upon which I receive the ancient username I used back in the day. But when I then try to reset it with that, I am prompted that I tried too much and should wait 24 hours. It sort of boggles the mind :p

I just don't understand why the thing would apparently let me through the launcher with a password and username I just came up with, only to send me to the wrong site to reset a 10 year old password.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Indeed. I think it's the reason that after DCUO has been transferred, the other MMOs didn't get transferred at all. All my other $O€ MMOs are still with them instead of the P7S1 crappy publisher...

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

a few random answer/hints:

a) if it asks you to change your pw, your account wasn't recognized. happens on sony sites too.

b) if your EU launcher does nothing but crash:

"for all the EU players: go to PS2 folder, open up launchpad.ini and delete the last line. then go to launchpad.libs -> launchpad.Cache -> Default -> Cache -> Select ALL files there and delete. now retry...."

(taken from facebook)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Im from EU and managed to login via my soe account though probien take care of my dcuo which I dont play.

You can access the eu servers via SOE login. But if it came to it I would rather start a new char pretend Im from america and play on the US servers. After all this is a 24/7 game!

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Wicoa

Im from EU and managed to login via my soe account though probien take care of my dcuo which I dont play.

You can access the eu servers via SOE login. But if it came to it I would rather start a new char pretend Im from america and play on the US servers. After all this is a 24/7 game!

If i deemed this game worth playing this is exactly what i'd do, it'll wind up with no EU servers when everyone leaves anyway, same as PS1.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Got you all beat, first I couldnt get the client to load at all, then it wouldnt update, then it caused my dedicated very slick gaming rig that i love and call "the beast" to have it's first ever crash since I sold my soul for it 4 yrs ago.

I guess no PS2 for me.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Sadly, if you dared to register on the pro7 site it will detect that you did so and refer you to that (which doesn't work).

My EU launcher doesn't work, no matter what I try.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

Sadly, if you dared to register on the pro7 site it will detect that you did so and refer you to that (which doesn't work).

My EU launcher doesn't work, no matter what I try.

Did you mean if you registered PS2? You can change your name a bit if you want an soe account a new one. Add Bob or something into your middlename ;)